GDT: Game 2 : Predators vs Carolina Hurricanes : 10.16.21 : 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
12 shots in two games for Tolvanen. How’s he looking?

He has looked good and it's obvious he's been told to shoot the puck more. He's been dangerous and the Granlund line has been our best line throughout the two games. I would like to see him with the 1st PP unit, though the one they used last year.

As of Glass, I thought he had a better game than on Thursday. It didn't exactly help that every time Cousins had the puck he lost it within two seconds. Glass needs to be surrounded with some better linemates if we want to get some scoring out of him. I've been content with his two-way play.

I do wonder if we should just bump Trenin and Jeannot up the lineup. They have looked terrific out of the gate and I wonder if there's some offensive upside there we aren't utilizing right now. Something like:

Trenin - Glass - Cousins
Jeannot - Sissons - Olivier/Grimaldi

Jul 12, 2007
Preds work and work and work and can't buy a goal.

Other team just take a shot and it goes in.

As always.
It’s not actually a physical thing. Always been a Preds psych - culture thing. Someday, a coach and a few players will change it. Got sort of close with Lavy. He may be a lunatic prima Donna, but he did make some progress with the Preds in that regard.
It’s a unique talent among a very few coaches.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I don’t think glass has been given the proper linemates for his skill set. He need a shooter like Tolvanen, Forsberg, or Kunin. Since that isn’t going to happen because their lines are gelling, I might suggest send tomasino down as he isn’t the right skill set to put with glass and bring up afanasyev. trenin/Jeannot - glass - afanasyev/trenin/Jeannot line and whoever from afanasyev/Trenin/Jeannot doesn’t make the third line go down to the fourth line with sissons and olivier

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t think glass has been given the proper linemates for his skill set. He need a shooter like Tolvanen, Forsberg, or Kunin. Since that isn’t going to happen because their lines are gelling
Yeah, I don't think I would juggle up our other lines just to get Glass going. Playing with Cousins/Grimaldi/Tomasino/Olivier is the best I'd offer him. Until or unless something else changes, I'd just have higher priorities than getting the most out of Glass right now. He can figure out a way to work with what he has been given... or not... good test for him, maybe. :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah, I don't think I would juggle up our other lines just to get Glass going. Playing with Cousins/Grimaldi/Tomasino/Olivier is the best I'd offer him. Until or unless something else changes, I'd just have higher priorities than getting the most out of Glass right now. He can figure out a way to work with what he has been given... or not... good test for him, maybe. :dunno:

I’d look at changing up the bottom 6 when olivier is better. Could have a more skilled big bodied line as the third and a less skilled but very aggressive big bodied line as the fourth

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'd just move Trenin and Jeanot up with Glass and see what happens for now. Let Sissons play with the leftovers.
I wouldn’t mind seeing a

trenin- glass - Jeannot
Afanasyev- sissons - Oliver

of course trenin/Jeannot/afanasyev are interchangeable for where in the lineup they go.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He has looked good and it's obvious he's been told to shoot the puck more. He's been dangerous and the Granlund line has been our best line throughout the two games. I would like to see him with the 1st PP unit, though the one they used last year.

As of Glass, I thought he had a better game than on Thursday. It didn't exactly help that every time Cousins had the puck he lost it within two seconds. Glass needs to be surrounded with some better linemates if we want to get some scoring out of him. I've been content with his two-way play.

I do wonder if we should just bump Trenin and Jeannot up the lineup. They have looked terrific out of the gate and I wonder if there's some offensive upside there we aren't utilizing right now. Something like:

Trenin - Glass - Cousins
Jeannot - Sissons - Olivier/Grimaldi
I have to say though... in that scenario aren't you kind of bumping Trenin DOWN, not up? It's pretty obvious the Herd Is Third now.

"Fixing" our 10-minute 4th line is not something I think needs to be a high priority. Cousins had a rough game, Glass may wish he had a more prominent role but hey - let him earn it, and whoever their RW is will bring some energy and hustle (be it Grimaldi or Olivier).

If 0-2 becomes 2-10 or something like that, maybe we can revisit. But I've liked the other 3 lines well enough that I'm not ready to change anything just to get our 4th line looking better. It's just the 4th line.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I dont think we ever seen that "give up an ENG then score" twice in a row.

We apparently played well but couldnt buy a goal. Only so many of those we can tolerate. Need to win one we dont deserve to make up for it

Reactions: bdub24

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
a few thoughts

I will gladly make a trade with the good lord for an extended preds losing streak for thr rest of the month if it means the Braves win the World Series

Cousins , Boro,and Benning need to be waived

Promote Glass to 2nd line to center Tolvanen and kunin

Add Granny to 1st line RW

Drop Duchene to the 3rd line with him centering Jeannot and trenin

modified herd line with the sissins trenin and rocco

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
a few thoughts

I will gladly make a trade with the good lord for an extended preds losing streak for thr rest of the month if it means the Braves win the World Series

Cousins , Boro,and Benning need to be waived

Promote Glass to 2nd line to center Tolvanen and kunin

Add Granny to 1st line RW

Drop Duchene to the 3rd line with him centering Jeannot and trenin

modified herd line with the sissins trenin and rocco
If only we had "dislike" button... :(

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Maybe just me but the team looked better at least hopeful unlike the Krack game. It does seem that this team will perform better against the better teams and play down to the weak teams. Why can Johansen not put forth the effort all the time that he did on that semi breakaway? The guy has the skills but I be damned if is not not one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched.

Reactions: Adz

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Johansen reminds me of some football players I've watched and known. Guys who had the entire toolbox physically to dominate their one-on-one opponent most of the time. But it was just not in their psychology to really, truly go out and obliterate someone else. Their ability appeared to rise and fall with the competition they played.

Johansen has all the measurables to be a complete wrecking ball out there. To dominate games. If he had a Scott Stevens sort of nasty streak. He rarely dials it up to that level except for perhaps on the odd occasion.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Johansen reminds me of some football players I've watched and known. Guys who had the entire toolbox physically to dominate their one-on-one opponent most of the time. But it was just not in their psychology to really, truly go out and obliterate someone else. Their ability appeared to rise and fall with the competition they played.

Johansen has all the measurables to be a complete wrecking ball out there. To dominate games. If he had a Scott Stevens sort of nasty streak. He rarely dials it up to that level except for perhaps on the odd occasion.
Getting a sports psychologist to help him visualize everyone as Kesler would help:naughty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad