GDT: Game 2: Islanders @ Hurricanes, 7pm

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I thought that was one of the few calls they actually can make. But it doesn't matter, the guy literally sticklifted Martinook's stick into his own damn face. Not only was it the correct non-call, it was f***ing karmic considering the non-call that took Turbo out for the series, the Martin hit from behind that was called interference so the cowards wouldn't have to file the needed paperwork for a game misconduct call, and a bunch of other dirty shit they were getting away with all game.
My understanding (and from what I've found from the rulebook) is there has to be a visible injury for them to inform the ref and call it. So they can only call the double minor.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
My understanding (and from what I've found from the rulebook) is there has to be a visible injury for them to inform the ref and call it. So they can only call the double minor.
And that's the part that has me cracking up about them whining over the calls....

They drew blood twice and are whining that they got called for it. New to this year that's an automatic review, which is what happened last night. The one in OT didn't draw blood and was caused by the player stick lifting an opposing stick into his own face. But somehow its an outrage that all of that happened?

And then they want to turn around and say that it was justified that the 2 handed chop that ended Turbo's season was allowed? The hypocrisy over one game alone is straight up off the charts today

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
And that's the part that has me cracking up about them whining over the calls....

They drew blood twice and are whining that they got called for it. New to this year that's an automatic review, which is what happened last night. The one in OT didn't draw blood and was caused by the player stick lifting an opposing stick into his own face. But somehow its an outrage that all of that happened?

And then they want to turn around and say that it was justified that the 2 handed chop that ended Turbo's season was allowed? The hypocrisy over one game alone is straight up off the charts today

My favorite line of reasoning is “I can find you multiple cases this year alone of high sticks that drew blood that the refs didn’t call, so don’t tell me there isn’t precedent.” Like… yeah cool so your argument is that you want the refs to blow obvious calls in your favor, really smart point.

Ignored in all of this to this point is that SOGs were 36-26 CAR and hits were 54-28 NYI. Meaning: we had the puck way more, and the Isles specifically had ramping up the physical play in their team strategy. Then everyone wants to surprised Pikachu face the fact that the Isles, given the above, also took way more penalties than us. Shocking.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
I really don’t get the hand wringing about not making a big move at the deadline. Even if we had acquired Meier, it doesn’t guarantee a cup.

The devils picked up Meier and Lazar. The rags got Tarasenko, Kane, and Motte. One of those teams is going to be golfing in a week. Nothing is written.

But we’re the yokels who are new to hockey and don’t know the ins and outs of the game :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It's actually better that we didn't honestly it would have simply been a lateral move that replaced Svechnikov as the PF... Not the finishing we were expecting or Turbos playmaking and defensive play.

Reactions: VAcaniac

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
ESPN saying Isles need to "muck it up, take it into the streets" as our Captain is possibly out of the game.
Stronk hockey play. That must be playoff hockey they keep talking about!

Yeah, crosschecking a player in the back, far away from the puck, and then sitting on him as he's laying on the ice injured, is a strategy.

Martin putting all of his body weight into someone as the person was laying on the ground reminded me of infamous situations of police that have gotten in trouble for doing so.
Dearest Mother,

I have laid upon the ice the biggest, smelliest turd the cavalry has ever seen. I hope I don't kill them or hurt their morale.

Love,
Sergeant Skjei
Lol. That turnover at center ice was brutal.
50eebrm.png
This is relevant:

South Park Mongolians.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Query I'd get it's an edge case But it looks like Martin Jumps into Staal to hit him is that a charge?
I'd definitely Expect not since the distance travelled isn't much..

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Yeah that's about right.

Put Poolparty and MacEachern out there for the explicit purpose of running players all night in Games 3 and 4. Fight this fire with fire. Chop Barzal's hands every time he has the puck. Swing hard, the harder the better. Afterall, it happens on the routine, they shouldn't complain, right?

Also this means if it happens 25-30 times a game, which is *ABSURD*, it means that he is literally saying that his team should get penalized 25-30 times a game for slashes, which would put them down a man the entire ****ing hockey game.

It's like, "your honor, I get that you think I murdered a dude, but people are murdered in North Carolina 25-30 times a day". Like just if it happened a lot doesn't mean it's not a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad