Post-Game Talk: Game #2: Canucks 6, Oilers 2: "The Oilers are playing to win." - Mark Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
With the way the Canucks are churning out goalies, maybe they can trade Lack to Edmonton for a first rounder. Just need to show case Lack a bit more.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I, as well, did not know what Healy meant by "not to be a candystriper in a hospital".

Google tells me it's a volunteer female nurse that helped make the patient's stay more pleasant.

What a total misogynistic goof ball. Taking a shot at the fact Friedman is a little on the feminine side should be grounds for dismissal. But come on this is CBC we're talking about.

He got owned by Torts and then by Friedman. Sit down and take your licks.
Candy stripers can also be male...

LolClarkson*

I bet if the EDM brass could go back to the draft and re-do the Schneider negotiations they would. They had a chance to pick up an NHL caliber starter just coming into his own. How often does that happen? They seriously screwed that up. I think EDM has a lot of skill and could be a great team but I can't remember the last time I saw an EDM game and they had NHL caliber goaltendingto back them up. There were a lot of issues last night but when the team falls in a hole so quickly it almost kills their drive.

Schnieder was playing behind our D. Of course he would be an upgrade on Dubnyk but its the D that is garbage.

I offrered a trade of Lack, Schnieder for Eberle and Dubnyk 2 years ago and the Oilers board lost it on me. That would have been less then what they were getting screwed for at the draft.

LolClarkson*

With the way the Canucks are churning out goalies, maybe they can trade Lack to Edmonton for a first rounder. Just need to show case Lack a bit more.

None of the Oilers board thought Schnieder was an upgrade on Dubnyk.

I was run out of their board for offering Schnieder and Lack for Eberle and Dubnyk 2 years ago.

Wetcoaster

9W5mY3f.png

Do 14 year olds still make that face at that age? (Right click and view image, forum makes it small)
Elliotte Friedman - the smartest guy in the room.

But then consider the competition. :laugh:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Thanks! That was priceless. I already hate HNIC except for Friedman, Weekes and to some extent Hrudey, but given that this happened in a situation not involving the Habs (it's their bread and butter) just shows how it's not just pure bias (though 90% of it is) - it's just that they are the biggest losers on TV. Healy's response (now that I saw his gesticulations) was pathetic and wtf was PJ talking about in terms of tone? Healy is the one who said Torts should just shutup!

Stock (for inexplicable reasons) appears on a post-game show on RDS called L'Antichambre from time to time and though there are plenty of idiots on in, he is such a notable hater/can't make one coherent sentence.

Friedman is such a cut above. I used to respect Mclean growing up, but now I find him to just be a less obviously offending cog in the CBC wheel of morons. It's gotten to the point where (and it amazes me to say this), Healy is actually worse than Cherry. And this is without the Milburys of the world.

Good for Torts and I'm sure he could care less. (As he quite blatantly stated.)

I think it's that irritated/no patience/stupidest question ever tone. The media here deserves that type of tone. :laugh:

I like it. :handclap:

You can tell that Friedman was genuinely pissed off at them. I think he's had enough of their nonsense. It will be interesting to see how this develops throughout the season.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Candy stripers can also be male...
I think it's pretty obvious what Healy was inferring.;)

Schnieder was playing behind our D. Of course he would be an upgrade on Dubnyk but its the D that is garbage.
Yeah they're pretty bad - as a whole - defensively. Not that their forwards are any defensive stalwarts either. Makes the goaltending appear worse than it actually is (sure Dubnyk has been medicore to awful these first two games - he's been actually not all that bad as a whole in the past for the Oilers). Can their goaltending be better? Of course, but that is the least of their problems in the long run.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
None of the Oilers board thought Schnieder was an upgrade on Dubnyk.

I was run out of their board for offering Schnieder and Lack for Eberle and Dubnyk 2 years ago.

Why would you want two goalies in a trade involving Eberle? Go for the best goalie and sign some random backup.

StringerBell

Friedman has been the best NHL insider in the business for a couple years now. Bobby Mac still has a claim as best hockey analyst due to his work with juniors, but Eliot has him beat at this level and was showing why last night.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
He's really good. I also like Kevin Weekes.

I tend to agree with respect to Weekes. He looks like he's improving; course, it might be just a case of looking better than he actually is considering the people around him are crap by and large.

Outside99*

I tend to agree with respect to Weekes. He looks like he's improving; course, it might be just a case of looking better than he actually is considering the people around him are crap by and large.

5 on the panel seems too many, 3 would be better.

Wetcoaster

Candidates for quote of the night - here are the choices.

Dallas Eakins on Tortorella vs Acton bench brouhaha. BTW "A reminder to all you young sportscasters (and aspiring lawyers) out there, when you get a chance to use the word brouhaha, you take it!" - thanks to Donnie Taylor) :
“Whatever, it was two tiny guys getting ready to fight.â€

Luongo explaining to veteran professional hockey journalist Elliot Pap of the Vancouver Sun on how shots are counted in the NHL when Pap asked him about facing 22 shots:
“It was 23, Elliott.â€

Henrik on being asked if the 44 shots on net will make Tortorella happy:
“I don’t know about happy.â€

Tortorella responding to Healey's criticism of what happened between he and Keith Acton on the bench:
“I don’t care what CBC says, or what anyone says quite honestly. They don’t know what happened. I don’t really give a (bodily excrement reference deleted) what they say.â€

Elliotte "Candy Striper" Friedman responding to Healey's snarky remark about Tortorella's dismissal (“He’s right, he should worry about what his players say,†he shot back. “If he knew what they were saying he’d still be in New York.â€):
"Oh come on. We had our say, let him have his say - let's not be 14 years old."

LolClarkson*

Why would you want two goalies in a trade involving Eberle? Go for the best goalie and sign some random backup.

I dunno... It was just a random trade that came to mind.

What would you offer them now ?

We are overloaded with veterans , they are the opposite. Same could be said about our D vs theirs. The 2 teams would make good trading partners if they weren't in the division.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Candidates for quote of the night - here are the choices.

Dallas Eakins on Tortorella vs Acton bench brouhaha. BTW "A reminder to all you young sportscasters (and aspiring lawyers) out there, when you get a chance to use the word brouhaha, you take it!" - thanks to Donnie Taylor) :
“Whatever, it was two tiny guys getting ready to fight.â€

Luongo explaining to veteran professional hockey journalist Elliot Pap of the Vancouver Sun on how shots are counted in the NHL when Pap asked him about facing 22 shots:
“It was 23, Elliott.â€

Henrik on being asked if the 44 shots on net will make Tortorella happy:
“I don’t know about happy.â€

Tortorella responding to Healey's criticism of what happened between he and Keith Acton on the bench:
“I don’t care what CBC says, or what anyone says quite honestly. They don’t know what happened. I don’t really give a (bodily excrement reference deleted) what they say.â€

Elliotte "Candy Striper" Friedman responding to Healey's snarky remark about Tortorella's dismissal (“He’s right, he should worry about what his players say,†he shot back. “If he knew what they were saying he’d still be in New York.â€):
"Oh come on. We had our say, let him have his say - let's not be 14 years old."

Friedman's comment about "let's not be 14 years old" was what really got to Healy. He was still giving him the death stare as the segment ended.

Of course the Fridge was spot on.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I dunno... It was just a random trade that came to mind.

What would you offer them now ?

We are overloaded with veterans , they are the opposite. Same could be said about our D vs theirs. The 2 teams would make good trading partners if they weren't in the division.

Only way we could pull off a trade involving Eberle is if Edler was going the other way. And given their need for a stalwart defenseman. My best guess says they would push for Hamhuis, which is just not happening.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Well said. :handclap:

not really, since when is it childish and arrogant to stand up for yourself and your team?

Implying that what? kissing ass and just taking the criticism from those clowns is what real men do? LOL

This is hockey

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
not really, since when is it childish and arrogant to stand up for yourself and your team?

Implying that what? kissing ass and just taking the criticism from those clowns is what real men do? LOL

This is hockey

I like the fact our coach is telling the media to **** off when a) they don't spend the time to know anything about us b) make comments that are just freaking stupid and uninformed.

If they want us to play nice with them then they should consider not talking **** about us all the time on the air.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
I like the fact our coach is telling the media to **** off when a) they don't spend the time to know anything about us b) make comments that are just freaking stupid and uninformed.

If they want us to play nice with them then they should consider not talking **** about us all the time on the air.

Agreed.

I have no problem with what Torts said, or his tone of voice when he said it.

Why should he give a **** what PJ or Healy has to say?

He starts worrying about that kind of guff and he'll have a real problem.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Yup, I like that Tortz was asked about the cbc comments. It's about time that cbc started being held accountable for the crap they spew. However, I'm sure cbc is just going to love taking more shots at Tortz. They are obsessed with getting attention.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i can't believe we're still talking about this all these pages later. did none of you go to high school? being put in their place, even in the most condescending and dismissive possible way, doesn't deter morons. it just make them more belligerent. ignoring morons deters morons.

i can just see the comic sans stock ticker very slowly cycling through healy and pj's heads: "something said... not good..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad