GDT: Game 2: Anaheim Ducks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Deja Vu

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Fleury deserves the win. Gibson only got 1 goal from his teammates. I thought Fleury was going to be the one with the loss because of the lack of support.
No doubt he deserves the win. He had no chance on the 3 on 1 that gave the Ducks their goal.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Watching the game recap.....that shorthanded pass to a streaking Stephenson.....damn, man. I seriously think Stone is on of the top 5 smartest players in the league. Some of his feeds blow me away.

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
Hi everyone, I’m Dooney and I come in peace. I have been in Henderson since September 2019 from California, so the Kings have always been my #1 team. I still follow them or at least their board but I am also a Knights fan!!!
I look forward to meeting some of you when able!
GKG- works for both my teams. Knights will beat the Kings though pretty easy this season the way the Kings are playing. Should be fun.

:dooney:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
But ugly mustard jerseys.....

They wouldn't look so bad with gold helmets. MAF looks great.

Anyway, the puck sure is finding Patches the past few games. He must have 60% of the scoring chances so I'm glad he buried a couple.

And by the puck I mean Stone.

And how was MAF not the 2nd star of the game?... I wouldn't go as far to say he stole this but he made some humdinger saves to keep em in it every period.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Just looked at the stats and the big boy line had one hell of a game. Plenty of chances while allowing nothing against in every stat. 0.64 xGF too.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Still on my bathroom break, and the OT is over. :laugh:

And the mustard sweaters did grow on me as the game went along. Or was that some fungus? :eek:

Speaking of the mustard jerseys, is there some sort of faint design on them, or do I need a new TV? :huh:

Reactions: CupInSIX

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Just looked at the stats and the big boy line had one hell of a game. Plenty of chances while allowing nothing against in every stat. 0.64 xGF too.

Most of that was Roy. Glass & Tuch aren't meshing just yet outside of a few shifts.

Still on my bathroom break, and the OT is over. :laugh:

And the mustard sweaters did grow on me as the game went along. Or was that some fungus? :eek:

Speaking of the mustard jerseys, is there some sort of faint design on them, or do I need a new TV? :huh:

They look velvet-ish. Like Captain Kirk's uni.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
This Koleser thing is really starting to piss me off. What exactly are they doing? Are they really going to send Glass down? The team with the weakest Centers of all contending teams is going to take their second-best C out of the lineup to accommodate a 4th-line RW who plays a couple minutes a game? In what Universe does this make sense?

Are we going to have to have a weaker lineup all season long for fear that someone might claim Koleser? Seriously, what is going on? They have to send him down sometime, right? Are they hoping someone might cough up a late-round pick for him? Who is going to do that when he is hardly playing?

It’s times like these when I really wish Keegan did not play in Brandon. I know you traded away a 2nd-round pick for him, but maybe it is time to admit that that was a mistake.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Has Kolesar ever played center? We send down our current 2/2B/hopefully legit number 2 NHL center by season's end, for what?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Sending down Glass is currently the only way to get Hague in. I think it says a lot about the lack of faith in Coghlan or Schuldt. Those are the 2 with smaller cap hits than Kolesar. That said Kolesar is nothing special at all and I really don't understand why anyone would even claim him. I've never seen any sort of puck skills out of him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Sending down Glass is currently the only way to get Hague in. I think it says a lot about the lack of faith in Coghlan or Schuldt. Those are the 2 with smaller cap hits than Kolesar. That said Kolesar is nothing special at all and I really don't understand why anyone would even claim him. I've never seen any sort of puck skills out of him.

We can fit Glass and Hague in the 20 and be under the cap.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
We can fit Glass and Hague in the 20 and be under the cap.

Makes going 5D look even dumber. There's no reason to make the workload what it's been on our D for the sake of Kolesar. I could understand if they did it just because they wouldn't play Schuldt or Coghlan a regular shift anyways. All this for a guy that hasn't even produced in the AHL and shown nothing at this level is really weird.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
This Koleser thing is really starting to piss me off. What exactly are they doing? Are they really going to send Glass down? The team with the weakest Centers of all contending teams is going to take their second-best C out of the lineup to accommodate a 4th-line RW who plays a couple minutes a game? In what Universe does this make sense?

Are we going to have to have a weaker lineup all season long for fear that someone might claim Koleser? Seriously, what is going on? They have to send him down sometime, right? Are they hoping someone might cough up a late-round pick for him? Who is going to do that when he is hardly playing?

It’s times like these when I really wish Keegan did not play in Brandon. I know you traded away a 2nd-round pick for him, but maybe it is time to admit that that was a mistake.
I’m not understanding it at all either. It seems everybody is paying a price just on the off chance that some team might claim Koleser from waivers.
So Glass’ development is hindered. Tuch and Roy won’t be able to find chemistry with their center, now hindering the 3rd line. They’re being forced to play 5 defenseman, which is causing some guys to play damn near 30 minutes a night. And will Koleser not even be able to play in the AHL for fear of sending him down too?

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Cole slaw (Kolesar) doesn't look like an NHLer. But I haven't seen much out of Glass in the two games either. For me, he needs to work on his skating, he's always behind the play.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Just make sure Pietrangelo is on the ice every time that Kolesar-centered 4th line is skating. Hopefully it does not log many minutes. That is a major defensive liability is it not?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I blinked and I missed him the other night. Around 8 real shifts...Reaves has played almost 3x as much the past 2 games.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
From what I’ve seen fans tend to dislike new uniforms and logos when they first come out. Personally I didn’t hate them. A Youtube video showing highlights of the game had a surprising number of comments from fans that like them (some did make similar comments to the ones in here though)

I rarely see new uniforms introduced that I immediately think look great. I thought the red ones look worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad