GDT: Game 19: Vegas Golden Knights @ St Louis Blues | 5:00PM | On the road again

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Can't beat good team with two lines belonging in the AHL. Not one of Lehner's best games either but he wasn't the reason we lost. Also looked like they thought the game was over at 2-0. Still, don't know why everyone here wants to dump Smith if we have to clear cap. He only makes around 5M, he's fast, going to have roughly 50-60 points this year, superb on the PK. Frankly, if we have to clear almost 10 M I'd trade Pacioretty (one dimensional, getting old, frequently hurt nowadays) and Janmark, there's your 10M.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Can't beat good team with two lines belonging in the AHL. Not one of Lehner's best games either but he wasn't the reason we lost. Also looked like they thought the game was over at 2-0. Still, don't know why everyone here wants to dump Smith if we have to clear cap. He only makes around 5M, he's fast, going to have roughly 50-60 points this year, superb on the PK. Frankly, if we have to clear almost 10 M I'd trade Pacioretty (one dimensional, getting old, frequently hurt nowadays) and Janmark, there's your 10M.

100% agreed. If Smith will extend for around 5 per move Patches. 2 straight playoffs he missed games and/or played hurt and didn't produce. Janmark is obvious because he just hasn't been a 2 million dollar player for Vegas.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
100% agreed. If Smith will extend for around 5 per move Patches. 2 straight playoffs he missed games and/or played hurt and didn't produce. Janmark is obvious because he just hasn't been a 2 million dollar player for Vegas.

Patches may not be so easily moved but yeah I agree you need Smith more in the playoffs and the $2m salary difference matters too. Unfortunately a lot of other teams will see the same exact thing and not want to take that contract on a streaky player who gets hurt a lot.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Patches may not be so easily moved but yeah I agree you need Smith more in the playoffs and the $2m salary difference matters too. Unfortunately a lot of other teams will see the same exact thing and not want to take that contract on a streaky player who gets hurt a lot.

I don't think they'd have an issue moving him. He's still an absolute lock for 30 goals and 60 points in a full season. A team like Anaheim is desperate for a sniper like that to play with Zegras. I don't think they'd get value for him, but I think they could easily move him if they want to.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I don't think they'd have an issue moving him. He's still an absolute lock for 30 goals and 60 points in a full season. A team like Anaheim is desperate for a sniper like that to play with Zegras. I don't think they'd get value for him, but I think they could easily move him if they want to.
Ducks would be perfect trade partner - lots of prospects, Getzlaff wants one more shot at the playoffs, I suspect they'd like to be a playoff team for Comtois, Zegras, Terry to get some playoff experience, etc.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Do you guys really trade in division like that to a team that's looking like they can get in this year and for many years to come? I sure don't see that happening. They may not feel like rivals at the moment but GMs are smarter and more wary than that.

And yeah he's a lock for 30 goals in 70-75 games, but lets see him actually put in 70 games before we even consider that. That's what the other teams are going to be saying. While Smith's every other year production is a bit maddening, you don't really get him for that, you get him for the two way game and pretty reliable game in the playoffs. Patches you are just guessing/hoping/praying he's healthy for 90% of the playoffs and he's gotten his slumps out of the way.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Do you guys really trade in division like that to a team that's looking like they can get in this year and for many years to come? I sure don't see that happening. They may not feel like rivals at the moment but GMs are smarter and more wary than that.

And yeah he's a lock for 30 goals in 70-75 games, but lets see him actually put in 70 games before we even consider that. That's what the other teams are going to be saying. While Smith's every other year production is a bit maddening, you don't really get him for that, you get him for the two way game and pretty reliable game in the playoffs. Patches you are just guessing/hoping/praying he's healthy for 90% of the playoffs and he's gotten his slumps out of the way.

Not looking to trade anyone, and I know you won't get fair value for Patches. I'm just looking at the best way to shed salary if forced while hurting the team least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad