GDT: Game 19: Coyotes @ Canucks | 2-26-13 | 8PM MST

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
2yuhjqp.jpg

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Maybe Chip playing for the Sundogs during the lockout really gave him a confidence boost.

Vrbata who? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Managed to see the last 5 minutes of the game. Kyle Mother****ing Chipchura, what a beast. I also believe Biz has points in his last 3 games? How unbelievably disturbing.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Well, if you subscribe to the philosophy that talent is not innate and instead comes from intense practice and dedication (you should), he has only played the equivalent of 3 full NHL seasons. So it's not really all THAT strange that he is putting it together right about now. Daniel Cleary basically had an identical trajectory.

I believe this full-heartedly, but I must admit I'm still surprised to see Chipchura improve so much so quickly. To be honest I was just happy with him being an energy player like he was at the end of the season last year and during the playoffs, but he's really come through offensively the last 8 games or so. I'd be very interested to see what he could do, if old Tip gave him a little more ice-time

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Much better game tonight. Hopefully they can keep playing with this type of effort on a more consistent basis.

Haha. Is this his first two goal game? I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL's pungeon masters have been eagerly awaiting this day.

Edit: Yeah, they said on NHL tonight that's his first two goal game.

Schneider is also pissed at himself. Looked like early on though he was going to be a wall.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Managed to see the last 5 minutes of the game. Kyle Mother****ing Chipchura, what a beast. I also believe Biz has points in his last 3 games? How unbelievably disturbing.

lol'd

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Rundblad only got 5:37 of ice time, the worst on the team. Stone got 16:57. I think we know who Tippett likes better. OEL played 30:16, +2 :amazed:

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Rundblad only got 5:37 of ice time, the worst on the team. Stone got 16:57. I think we know who Tippett likes better. OEL played 30:16, +2 :amazed:

I'm sure Tippett likes Stone better, however the ice time would certainly have been different if the Coyotes weren't defending a lead the entire game.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Man, we were just chippin' away at the 'Nucks all night. It was nice to see other guys outside of Vrby, Hanz, Boeds, etc. chip in today... we have a few guys playing with a real chip on their shoulder... chip.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

I thought Rundblad played fantastic. I really hope we don't give up on him, just imagine him and OEL paired permanently in the future.

With that said, I really do like Stone as well. He plays a very solid, defensive game. I'm glad more of our prospects are turning out to be worth something.

& man, do i love OEL :nod:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Rundblad looked incredible on the PP. That hit he took from Booth looked pretty awkward. I'm guessing either he took a bit of a minor injury, or he was being reserved for PP only, and we didn't get many chances.

Chipchura is starting to look like that kid who was a first round pick all of those years ago.

Burrows is a rat. Such a piece of ****. Is there a more dishonorable, cowardly, player in this league? I sure doubt it.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If we can get some guys healthy I really like our team this year. We actually have some scoring from the 4th line that we haven't had in years past and Torres is looking good.

If we can just get a 3rd line center to play with Torres and Korpikoski, then we could put Gordon down in the 4th slot with Chips and Johnson, that would be a very hard working line.

Getting DeMo and Schlem back will help, and we've got a lot of options with Rundblad, Stone and Gormley waiting in the wings. I'm not giving up on Summers, but he's behind a lot of guys and with Gormley coming on and if we can get Murphy out of the ER he'll get pushed down even further. Summers would be a good trade candidate along with a 5th for a solid 3rd line center.

The 3rd line would need to be able to play 2nd line due to Hanzal's seemingly limitless amount of upper body injuries that occur throughout the season.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If we can get some guys healthy I really like our team this year. We actually have some scoring from the 4th line that we haven't had in years past and Torres is looking good.

If we can just get a 3rd line center to play with Torres and Korpikoski, then we could put Gordon down in the 4th slot with Chips and Johnson, that would be a very hard working line.

Getting DeMo and Schlem back will help, and we've got a lot of options with Rundblad, Stone and Gormley waiting in the wings. I'm not giving up on Summers, but he's behind a lot of guys and with Gormley coming on and if we can get Murphy out of the ER he'll get pushed down even further. Summers would be a good trade candidate along with a 5th for a solid 3rd line center.

The 3rd line would need to be able to play 2nd line due to Hanzal's seemingly limitless amount of upper body injuries that occur throughout the season.
Good point on Hanzal. I'm very concerned that his body cannot handle the type of grinding and in front of the net game he plays. He'll always be hurt and as he gets older, he'll be hurt more often. The need for a #1 center continues to be the team's primary need.

As for Chip, when Weise challenges him to fight to get him off the ice for 5 min is further evidence of how far his game has come. He is a stud!! No forward is playing better than he is right now.

Stone is a solid and a good #6 D choice until Shlem is back.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
With the amount of ice time that Oliver got last night, there is no doubt he is our clear-cut #1 D. He can play in all types of situations. The kid is awesome. Who would've thought he would be this good when we drafted him a few years back?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who would've thought he would be this good when we drafted him a few years back?

There's a good chance he ends up the best player out of that draft not named Tavares. Hedman was picked ahead of him primarily based off of size. Scouts were not shy about throwing around the Lidstrom comparisons. I didn't buy it for a second, but here we are. If he was on a better team in a bigger market, he'd probably be the favorite for the Norris this year with Karlsson out.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
There's a good chance he ends up the best player out of that draft not named Tavares. Hedman was picked ahead of him primarily based off of size. Scouts were not shy about throwing around the Lidstrom comparisons. I didn't buy it for a second, but here we are. If he was on a better team in a bigger market, he'd probably be the favorite for the Norris this year with Karlsson out.

I don't know about the favorite, but he's certainly up there and his stickwork is absolutely out of this world.

I'm hoping he signs a 3yr bridge contract for $4m and then 3 years from now I'm afraid he's going to be paid a lot of money, north of Jovo money.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought Rundblad played fantastic. I really hope we don't give up on him, just imagine him and OEL paired permanently in the future.

With that said, I really do like Stone as well. He plays a very solid, defensive game. I'm glad more of our prospects are turning out to be worth something.

& man, do i love OEL :nod:

Rundblad was good on the PP, but he didn't get much ice time. Stone played average, still looks lost at times.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't know about the favorite, but he's certainly up there and his stickwork is absolutely out of this world.

I'm hoping he signs a 3yr bridge contract for $4m and then 3 years from now I'm afraid he's going to be paid a lot of money, north of Jovo money.
Given all considerations, is than any D-man you trade OEL for? Chara-too old, Weber-too expensive, Karrlson is the only question. OEL > All others.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ

The fear is some team with big $$$ putting in a Weber-type offer sheet for OEL that the Yotes can't match. Not sure that flies in the new CBA, hope not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad