Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - Anytime you get 4 points in California you have done good - BRUINS 3 San Jose 1 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2017-11-19_1-23-32.png

:bruins:sharks

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and sooshii

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Heinen-Debrusk-Cehlarik-McAvoy-Carlo-O'Gara

not always pretty with everything, still all make mistakes but WOW. So fun seeing these games where the young guys can really get in the groove and contribute so much.

Khudobin GOD-Level....it kind of made for an even more exciting last few minutes...and did remind me of the Tim Thomas era...where there is chaos but you just know the compete level is so high, when they shut the door, nothing is getting by them. Khudobin in those final minutes just felt like he completely shut the door, got in the zone and was not letting anything by him.

now add Bjork-Marchand-Backes-Spooner to this forward group.

Im excited for the future.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Thought we'd be cooked after this trip, Krejci coming back and Dobby especially, were the key to a successful road trip. Keep rolling with the hot goalie.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
My three stars

1. Antim Khudomas - great game by him again; battled hard, was feisty, and made big stops in key situations

2. Jake DeBrusk - great acceleration on both goals he was part of. The kid is finding a nice groove after taking a seat up in the press box

3. Zdeno Chara - he looked like 34 year old Chara tonight. The Old Man has turned back the clock the past couple of weeks and it's good to see; best dman in the league on the PK and I don't think it's even close right now.

The team gets a nice little break for their hard work and hopefully get back Marchand on Wednesday. This was probably the most important win of the year to date.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Earlier this season a lot of posters were saying that Dobby sucks and is not even an acceptable backup.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Oh, and no one should compare Miller to McQuaid ever again. I like and respect McQuaid as a character/tough guy who did his part during the Cup run, but he really has no finesse whatsoever. Whereas we just saw Miller do THAT.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think Cassidy deserves a lot of credit at this point. The man has been having to stitch together lines with a lot of kids in play and with a lot of injuries to key players. Whatever he is doing is working. The Ana game was brutal, but the Bs bounced back like gangbusters and got 4 points. The guys seem to have pretty good chemistry given the lack of talent of some of the players and the inexperience of others.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Chara led the team in TOI. Almost 27 minutes.

I don't know if he left the ice in the final 7 minutes.... honestly I think he refused to leave the ice...

Good supporting games for Miller and Carlo. Didn't start off great for Carlo, but he put together a really good game. As did Miller.

Bergeron and Krejci were quiet. Really quiet. Pastrnak too. DeBrusk's heroics in the 1st won the game IMO. They held the fort after that 1st period surge from SJ and managed to squeak out a road win. Can't complain. My only pet peeve is the usage of guys like Nash, Schaller, Acciari and Kuraly 4 on 4....

Khodobin is entertaining! Can't complaint about results either. Roll with him for as long as you can IMO.

Reactions: Wack Edwards

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My three stars

1. Antim Khudomas - great game by him again; battled hard, was feisty, and made big stops in key situations

2. Jake DeBrusk - great acceleration on both goals he was part of. The kid is finding a nice groove after taking a seat up in the press box

3. Zdeno Chara - he looked like 34 year old Chara tonight. The Old Man has turned back the clock the past couple of weeks and it's good to see; best dman in the league on the PK and I don't think it's even close right now.

The team gets a nice little break for their hard work and hopefully get back Marchand on Wednesday. This was probably the most important win of the year to date.
Regarding Chara, I agree, but it's funny because usually "he played like his 34-year-old self" is not a compliment for a player :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and PB37

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don't think Pasta played any 4-4 tonight. Wonder if that was a message?

It wasn't Bergeron's best night, only one shot, but he played good defense and ended up +2. I wonder if the extra work in recent games is catching up to him.

I think the Bruins need a little work on their power play. (Okay, more than a little.) Krejci makes a difference, but tonight it was downright ugly.

But I am very happy with four points on the trip, and now even a little upset it wasn't 6, because in retrospect, it could have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad