GDT: Game 18 - Winnipeg Jets @ Tampa Bay Lightning - Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023 - 6:00pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Today, we will look at the life of one of our more “out there” posters: @Jets 31

Jets31-GDT1.jpg

Jets 31 grew up on a hippy commune just outside San Francisco, where his mother Mary Jane raised him...

original-24744-1443753101-3.jpg

Jets 31 never knew his real father, only the other men in the commune, who he referred to as “Daddy-O.” Things were simple on the commune, as Jets 31's mother puts it, "at least he was housebroken..."

ep507-own-master-class-jeff-bridges-6-949x534.jpg

We asked one of his childhood friends what he was like growing up during such a turbulent time. “Jets 31 was one cool cucumber, he would always say, 'I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man...'"

9bb6e1ed2aabc7ac4cc1c083dfb259c9.jpg

After graduating from high school, Jets 31 got a dream job at Miller Brewing Company as a beer taster...

coldfeetjeffbridgesbaseballshirt-e1449525933385.png

But his pot smoking eventually led to his termination from the company...

Lazy-Stoner-the-Dude.jpg

Undaunted, Jets 31 managed to secure a job at Southern Comfort, taste testing White Russians...

k%2Farchive%2F75202e2726f5c504131816645b34930d56ce7404

But what of his long lost father? Our crack staff of investigative reporters found him recently and asked him a few questions...

giphy.gif

Max Jets was an airline pilot for many years and was never married. He had a girlfriend in every port he landed in. When he was in San Francisco for a layover, he met Jets 31's mother Mary Jane...

Zale-Lloyd-3.jpg

We asked him about his son's name, Jets 31? “Well,” Max said, “By then I had so many kids, after all, it was the 60's. I ran out of names after about 15 or so. He was my 31st kid, so I thought that was appropriate.” We then asked him why he hasn't seen Jets 31 in all these years?

82c58690569deabcf9fe580a9821c47d1b16f75f.jpg

When asked about all this, Jets 31 simply said...

main-qimg-5653bfedc2c561aee3d11c9eb913e4c6-lq

And the rest, they say, is history...

The Winnipeg Jets take on the Tampa Bay Lightning at the Amalie Arena at 6:00pm CST. The Jets have a record of 10-5-2 and are 6-2-2 in their last ten games. They are on a three game winning streak after a 5-2 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday night. The Bolts are currently 9-6-4 on the season and 5-4-1 in their last ten games. They are also on a three game winning streak after a thrilling 5-4 overtime win against the Boston Bruins on Monday night. While Winnipeg has had the extra rest, have they used the time wisely to come up with a game plan to defeat the Lightning? Will Tampa Bay strike down the Jets in mid-flight? Can Connor and Scheifele continue to put on a scoring clinic, or will other teammates join in the fun? Will @Jets 31 show up for his own GDT...

giphy.gif

These questions and more will be answered by The Dude...

giphy.gif

Whatever Dude...Go Jets Go! :hockey:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Today, we will look at the life of one of our more “out there” posters: @Jets 31

View attachment 771434

Jets 31 grew up on a hippy commune just outside San Francisco, where his mother Mary Jane raised him...

original-24744-1443753101-3.jpg

Jets 31 never knew his real father, only the other men in the commune, who he referred to as “Daddy-O.” Things were simple on the commune, as Jets 31's mother puts it, "at least he was housebroken..."

ep507-own-master-class-jeff-bridges-6-949x534.jpg

We asked one of his childhood friends what he was like growing up during such a turbulent time. “Jets 31 was one cool cucumber, he would always say, 'I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man...'"

9bb6e1ed2aabc7ac4cc1c083dfb259c9.jpg

After graduating from high school, Jets 31 got a dream job at Miller Brewing Company as a beer taster...

coldfeetjeffbridgesbaseballshirt-e1449525933385.png

But his pot smoking eventually led to his termination from the company...

Lazy-Stoner-the-Dude.jpg

Undaunted, Jets 31 managed to secure a job at Southern Comfort, taste testing White Russians...

k%2Farchive%2F75202e2726f5c504131816645b34930d56ce7404

But what of his long lost father? Our crack staff of investigative reporters found him recently and asked him a few questions...

giphy.gif

Max Jets was an airline pilot for many years and was never married. He had a girlfriend in every port he landed in. When he was in San Francisco for a layover, he met Jets 31's mother Mary Jane...

Zale-Lloyd-3.jpg

We asked him about his son's name, Jets 31? “Well,” Max said, “By then I had so many kids, after all, it was the 60's. I ran out of names after about 15 or so. He was my 31st kid, so I thought that was appropriate.” We then asked him why he hasn't seen Jets 31 in all these years?

82c58690569deabcf9fe580a9821c47d1b16f75f.jpg

When asked about all this, Jets 31 simply said...

main-qimg-5653bfedc2c561aee3d11c9eb913e4c6-lq

And the rest, they say, is history...

The Winnipeg Jets take on the Tampa Bay Lightning at the Amalie Arena at 6:00pm CST. The Jets have a record of 10-5-2 and are 6-2-2 in their last ten games. They are on a three game winning streak after a 5-2 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday night. The Bolts are currently 9-6-4 on the season and 5-4-1 in their last ten games. They are also on a three game winning streak after a thrilling 5-4 overtime win against the Boston Bruins on Monday night. While Winnipeg has had the extra rest, have they used the time wisely to come up with a game plan to defeat the Lightning? Will Tampa Bay strike down the Jets in mid-flight? Can Connor and Scheifele continue to put on a scoring clinic, or will other teammates join in the fun? Will @Jets 31 show up for his own GDT...

giphy.gif

These questions and more will be answered by The Dude...

giphy.gif

Whatever Dude...Go Jets Go! :hockey:
1st or the Dude 😎

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks @macmaroon - this plot has an intricate weave, with the 31st son of an international airline pilot, what could go wrong?

Hey wait!

aydios-adios.gif

Anyway - don't anyone piss @Jets 31 off, we need all hands on deck, the Bolts are a decent team.

Its going to take a steady hand, with both eyes on the ball.

true-grit-adventure.gif

Well, one eye, at least.

And, we can't be distracted from the goal.... er, goals.

R2jb.gif

We know @Jets 31 has the answers..

M5tG.gif

Thrash the Bolt-ons to within inches of their very lives! (They're not that big).

tumblr_lm0zjtmdF91qakh43o1_500.gif

Go Jets Go!!

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
2e6dd8de88749f297843dca538a5962a.jpg

We wait for the call to face the Bolted Poltroons,
To attend our Jets with thine ungentle grace,
And now lumbering forth is a Jeannot buffoon
For our Morrissey want give chase.
I grant, sweet boardlings, thy Tamped intent
Deserves the travail of a worthier pen,
Yet what of thee thy Lightning doth invent
They play us infrequent; Aye - lets play Helly again.
Lend Fly thy high virtue as he rips one at Vasil’s head
Intensity thy name is Lurch and smashes doth he give
Pearls found in Perfecto’s passes, speed and grace doth he wed
Welcome back to Pionk, no pizzas in he live.
Then Go! Yon Jets, win this for what we doth say,
Fire the engines and beat down soporific Tampa Bay.

Last edited:

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
So I'm waiting at the bus stop and this clean normal looking young man with a back-pack containing his traveling steel cup of coffee, or a White Russian, asks me if it's Sunday or Monday. "Dude, it's Tuesday".
Working 7 days a week (just hired a a newbie) and sometime I get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad