Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
cut.jpg

Wild Warmup

The essentials

Who: Nashville Predators (10-5-2) at Minnesota Wild (8-7-2)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports GO
Listen: KFAN 100.3 FM, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App
Follow: @mnwild; GameCenter

The opponent

Following a 4-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks on Nov. 1, the Nashville Predators enter Thursday riding a five-game winning streak. During that stretch, the Predators have scored 23 goals (4.6 goals per game).
The game in St. Paul is Nashville's only one away from Bridgestone Arena in a span of six contests; the Predators defeated Pittsburgh and Washington in the past five days and will head home again to play Colorado, Winnipeg and Montreal before Thanksgiving.
Filip Forsberg leads the Preds with nine goals and 17 points this season; his goal against the Capitals on Tuesday was the 100th of his NHL career. Viktor Arvidsson and Craig Smith each have six goals, while defenseman P.K. Subban has four goals and 12 points.
Goaltender Pekka Rinne has a 9-2-2 record with a 2.29 goals-against average and .926 save percentage in 13 starts.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Excited for this one. Both teams seem to be hitting their stride lately, both are on winning streaks, and we'll (hopefully) be fighting for spots in those top 3 division slots all year.

Which reminds me, Winnipeg really needs to go back to having awful goaltending.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'd really like to see our offense get rolling tonight. It's been a bit of a struggle to score lately, so it'd be nice to give Dubnyk some goal support.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild are going to need more than 1 even strength goal tonight. I'm happy it's at home, I still don't like the Preds home jerseys.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Just 1-0 guys.

To be fair, playing Nashville is a big step up from playing Montreal and Philadelphia.

I know the Preds are carrying the play right now, but the Wild are still in this.
We are, but the Predators are a team that's typically been slow to start and stronger in the 2nd and 3rd. We need to sharpen up quickly.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
We are, but the Predators are a team that's typically been slow to start and stronger in the 2nd and 3rd. We need to sharpen up quickly.

Agreed.
But I have watched enough Preds games to know, they sometimes "let off" if they think they have things in hand.

Too early for that now, and I am 100% behind you that the Wild need to get their act together here, but for as good as the Preds can be, they are also subject to bouts of taking it too easy down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad