PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It means nothing, but I think whoever picked Kopitar for second star over Dobby (third star) was sniffing whatever they were smoking at Staples.

Reactions: DKH

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Krejci definitely made a difference by being in the lineup. The team was able to hold possession better in the offensive zone, especially on the PP. The team continues to put forth tremendous effort. Eliminating the type of dumb errors they made last night was fairly key. Also Z was very good tonight. Not only scored a goal, but also frustrated LA a ton. I agree with those folks wanting Dobby to start on Saturday. Rask has had some bad luck, but the fact is that Dobby is playing excellent hockey and the team is getting points with him in net. No reason to not ride him while he is hot.

Oh yeah, Acciari deserves some credit for getting in the heads of LA early in the game. They seemed to be focused more on him than anything else for a stretch. The heavy game he brings had an impact tonight.

Reactions: sooshii and caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
5abb92412f914415942d32d09c9c0016-5abb92412f914415942d32d09c9c0016-0.jpg

Bruins halt four-game skid with win vs. Kings - The Boston Globe

LOS ANGELES – Lacking in firepower up front, the Bruins turned to their backline for offense Thursday night, receiving goals from defensemen Charlie McAvoy and Zdeno Chara for a tidy 2-1 win over the Kings here at the Staples Center.

McAvoy, without a point in eight straight games, provided the 1-0 lead in the first period, walking unimpeded to the top of crease to put a doorstep-to-backhander past ex-UMass goalie Jonathan Quick.

Chara, blanked in 12 of the last 13 games, broke the 1-1 deadlock in the second period with his second goal of the season, connecting on a slapper that deflected in off the Kings’ Trevor Lewis.

Anton Khudobin, solid throughout the night, turned away 27 shots and extended his undefeated record to 4-0-2. The victory snapped Boston’s season-long losing streak at 0-3-1 and came only 24 hours after a lackluster 4-2 loss to the Ducks in Anaheim.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't tell the goose that lays the Golden eggs to double the output but I'd ask her is she wants to work some overtime to earn some extra cash

Khudobin would certainly be getting a game a week but I don't think we have the Russian Johnny Bower here

It's only going to work with
1. Rask being very good
2. Bergeron & Krejci healthy together

You can only go so far with Szwarz and Nash getting 20 + minutes as top 6 centers

A couple games a week but eventually you are exposed

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci and Bergeron only forwards over 18 minutes

Heinen only winger over 17

Heinen has taken a step up and looks like a bullseye

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci definitely made a difference by being in the lineup. The team was able to hold possession better in the offensive zone, especially on the PP. The team continues to put forth tremendous effort. Eliminating the type of dumb errors they made last night was fairly key. Also Z was very good tonight. Not only scored a goal, but also frustrated LA a ton. I agree with those folks wanting Dobby to start on Saturday. Rask has had some bad luck, but the fact is that Dobby is playing excellent hockey and the team is getting points with him in net. No reason to not ride him while he is hot.

Oh yeah, Acciari deserves some credit for getting in the heads of LA early in the game. They seemed to be focused more on him than anything else for a stretch. The heavy game he brings had an impact tonight.
Acciari is a very accomplished body checker but it's in the play contact not premeditated running around to get a spark.

The referees so far seem to respect this and his rep is clean and tough and honest

He's a player

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think Dobby earned another start
He's earned a lot of starts - like at least once a week

They perfect scenario for me is Rask 2 times a week and no back to backs

Cassidy had a lot of success with Khudobin in Providence and it's paying off

I think Khudobin record with Claude last year was maybe 1-8 if that

Reactions: Fenway
Feb 25, 2016
Huh! Seem Khudobin can play behind this defense. Yea, Rask is great. It's never his fault.

Rask is now the official 7 million dollar backup.

Reactions: fin8

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Rask has got to be nursing some sort of injury no? He's never played this mediocre of hockey before. Good W last night but the numbers by our goalies is quite worrisome. Although we have seen backups take their team the distance. This one's a head scratcher.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Loved both games against Kings.

A lot of hard hits, clean game, Bergy vs Kopitar match up, two of my fav players, McAvoy vs Doughty, another two.

Dobby inspires confidence. Our defense was great and very aggressive in our end, routinely stripping pucks from them behind the net time after time. I like how Pasta shows some grit. It's a different team with Krejci back and it's much easier to combine rookies with an excellent, experienced playmaker.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad