GDT: GAME 18: Devils @ Ducks -- 7PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Another 23 minute endeavour for Kesler and a hard-worked GWG to boot. He truly is a monster, but man I am concerned with the wear and tear that he is taking. The give it all attitude is great in the short term, but that contract looms longer with every passing day. Oh well, we'll worry about that when we get there.

That's not taking anything away from Getz, he is doing his share and more as well. But Kes is a workhorse. You gotta love the guy. :bow:

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I think Manson and bieska switched sweaters tonight. Anyway, not the best game, but we fought back and did what was needed.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Another 23 minute endeavour for Kesler and a hard-worked GWG to boot. He truly is a monster, but man I am concerned with the wear and tear that he is taking. The give it all attitude is great in the short term, but that contract looms longer with every passing day. Oh well, we'll worry about that when we get there.

That's not taking anything away from Getz, he is doing his share and more as well. But Kes is a workhorse. You gotta love the guy. :bow:

I think that Kesler has actually gotten more durable over the years. He had a lot of injuries due to the way he played earlier in his career and was often worn down towards the end of the season. I haven't seen much of that in the recent years, maybe he's training better or being more careful, or maybe it's just luck. But it sure is a long contract.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
I think that Kesler has actually gotten more durable over the years. He had a lot of injuries due to the way he played earlier in his career and was often worn down towards the end of the season. I haven't seen much of that in the recent years, maybe he's training better or being more careful, or maybe it's just luck. But it sure is a long contract.

Fingers crossed. I will enjoy his game and dedication to the max while it lasts. IMO he's really taken another step up as a leader. The rumblings were always that he's been critical of the team effort, and he's certainly putting his money where the mouth is. And RC is listening for sure.

God I'd love to see Kes win it all before he's done. The feeling's like for Koivu but double that. Dare I think of such?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission. Woke up to the goal song when Kesler scored, so I missed all but 3 minutes of the 3rd period.

From what I saw:

team played like **** really. We looked tired for some reason. NJ is insanely boring to watch, but they play their system well, and have great goaltending.

checking line was the best line for us. Very happy and honestly surprised by the offense those guys are putting up.

We need a top 6 winger in the worst way.

I realize that Lindholm-Manson was excellent last year, but IMO, Fowler-Manson has been just as good. When you add that Lindholm-Vatanen was excellent in the playoffs, I'm somewhat dumbfounded that those aren't the pairs.

Lindholm was best defender last night, and I didn't even think he played that well. Manson was the worst defender.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Lindholm made some baaad pinches in the first period, from what I remember.

This was a night where none of the defence pairings were really that solid, but we squeaked out a win. Need more of that.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Very good system team with very good goaltending. Still boring as hell to watch though. It's probably good for us that Hall was out, but he has to make them more watchable.

Devils play a great system and have a world class goal tender. Those two things combined are tough to beat but a perfect recipe for success. Reminds me a lot of the old Devils team playing the clutch and grab trap. It is extremely boring to watch, that being said, the fact that the Ducks battled back to score 3 on Schneider after being down two is a big step forward.

One More Salami

Feb 25, 2013
Great law firm, though.

CApRgTy.png

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Love Silfverberg to be honest. The line of Cogs, Kesler and him is so good and they complement each other so well. A line that supplys honest work. Like that a lot.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Love Silfverberg to be honest. The line of Cogs, Kesler and him is so good and they complement each other so well. A line that supplys honest work. Like that a lot.

The difference in Silfverberg this year is that he appears to be driving the net more. That hit he took from Torres made him kinda stay away from the dirty areas for a while last season. Glad to see him scoring more.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Getzlaf might put up around 70 assists this year. He is a complete beast. It'd be nice if him and Perry could come out of their goal scoring woes soon though

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf might put up around 70 assists this year. He is a complete beast. It'd be nice if him and Perry could come out of their goal scoring woes soon though

Yeah his shooting percentage is rivalling what it was to start last year. Some of them surely have to start going in right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad