GDT: Game 18: Columbus at St. Louis | 2/23 8:00 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Am I the only one who didn't think the save was spectacular? How does nobody swat at the puck?

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
STL blocking 23 shots isn't impressive considering forwards like Brassard can't shoot anywhere except right into a defender's shins

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Great save by Halak.

I will give Richards some credit for having an actual goal scoring lineup out there and we almost had results.

Oh we'll, one game closer to the draft.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Good NHL hockey game. I haven't always felt that way after a game in which the Jackets only score once. Sucks to lose but the team is playing better and more committed to a plan.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
They never quit. Once again, we are seeing progress. It may not be on the scoreboard but the steps are being taken right now.

No more head down Nash squads.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Am I the only one who didn't think the save was spectacular? How does nobody swat at the puck?

I though the same thing on first viewing (and ready to blame it all on RJ, too), but on replay it was clear that Umberger was waiting for it to fall below the bar and Halak swatted it away before anyone could get at it.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
Pretty good game overall. The effort that the team gives is great to see. I am at least proud to be a fan now that they give everything they got. I want us to win but also don't want to stray too far from that 1st pick.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I liked the effort. Good game by Bob. Hope they can continue this kind of effort even if they keep losing close ones. That will be the hard part.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I still can't get over Atkinson reaching ahead of Jackman on that icing play. Thats serious guts, and damn near suicidal. You can tell this team is willing to put it on the line for each other.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Keep it on the game please and not the other team's forum. Thank you.

Matthew - I think there might only be one player left with a hang-dog mentality, one who has the ability to suck the wind out of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00