GDT: Game 18: Avalanche @ Wild - 7:30 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So like, gumption?
That would be a close one. When everyone else is is clueless, you need someone to show some jävlar anamma and lead the way. I believe the finnish word for the same thing is "sisu"

Reactions: BagHead

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I honestly think they'd be in the exact same position with or without him, they're just not that good this year.

Oh absolutely, Addison wouldn't make any difference, but it's fun to pretend sometimes

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Pretty much this…..
1FCA80B6-CBCD-448F-8E99-20A819C3710F.gif

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Evason has to get fired soon right? Can’t wait to not look at him behind the bench anymore
I'm not saying it's all his fault, but things do seem to be heading that way. I can see BG moving a minor piece like Dewar or Merrill, to "shake up the room", but really, he's painted himself into a corner where just about the only move of consequence he has left is firing Dean.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not saying it's all his fault, but things do seem to be heading that way. I can see BG moving a minor piece like Dewar or Merrill, to "shake up the room", but really, he's painted himself into a corner where just about the only move of consequence he has left is firing Dean.

He did this with Addison/Bogosian and the team is 0-6 since he did it, I don't think he should keep moving pieces that are fine where they are just to try to shake something up. Dewar is a good piece to have on the fourth line and there's no reason to trade him, and if he does, we'll just continue to suck, but now without Dewar.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He did this with Addison/Bogosian and the team is 0-6 since he did it, I don't think he should keep moving pieces that are fine where they are just to try to shake something up. Dewar is a good piece to have on the fourth line and there's no reason to trade him, and if he does, we'll just continue to suck, but now without Dewar.
Hey, I never said it would make sense. That left the building when he re-signed Foligno, Hartman, and Zucc prematurely.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hey, I never said it would make sense. That left the building when he re-signed Foligno, Hartman, and Zucc prematurely.

Fair point. For me, I'd rather suck with pieces like Dewar and Addison than pieces like Bogosian and Maroon, but Guerin is the opposite.

I could also stomach trading guys like Middleton and Merrill and seeing what O'Rourke/Lambos/Hunt would do on the bottom pairing for the rest of the year. But please no more Bogosian/Maroon type guys.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
There was another pretty blatant interference by an Ave against Gaudreau earlier that didn't get called either, then that one does
Wild got their man advantage there when Byram cleared the puck over the glass. If they called the Gaudreau interference then the Byram penalty wouldn't have been called because the whistle blows the second he touches the puck. i.e. it was a non issue. Wild still got the call. I know it is a minor point but...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild got their man advantage there when Byram cleared the puck over the glass. If they called the Gaudreau interference then the Byram penalty wouldn't have been called because the whistle blows the second he touches the puck. i.e. it was a non issue. Wild still got the call. I know it is a minor point but...

Yeah the point was it was an interference that didn't get called, not that the Wild didn't get a penalty out of the situation

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah, I think he has a game or two left. Or till Christmas. It isn't all his fault, we can't fire the players. And thanks to Billy, he can't even move most of them thanks to his horrible deals. He is one of the biggest reasons for this mess. I want them both gone.

On a separate note, I kinda feel bad for Fleury. Yes, he chose to sign here. And yes, he isn't the player he use to be. But it's gotta suck for the future HOFer to end his career on a bottom 5 team which is what we appear to be at the moment.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I think he has a game or two left. Or till Christmas. It isn't all his fault, we can't fire the players. And thanks to Billy, he can't even move most of them thanks to his horrible deals. He is one of the biggest reasons for this mess. I want them both gone.

On a separate note, I kinda feel bad for Fleury. Yes, he chose to sign here. And yes, he isn't the player he use to be. But it's gotta suck for the future HOFer to end his career on a bottom 5 team which is what we appear to be at the moment.
Hey, Fleury is filthy rich, and gets to play a boy's game for a living. I'm more sorry for the fans, especially the ones that shell out some serious coin to watch this team live.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
That´s the thing that really drives me insane. Why sign them before the season started? Makes no sense. No incentive to make them play their hearts out, no motivator at all. They got their retirement money secured.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Hey, Fleury is filthy rich, and gets to play a boy's game for a living. I'm more sorry for the fans, especially the ones that shell out some serious coin to watch this team live.
My family switched from full season to the 10 game pack last year. I think after 21 years, it may come to an end next summer. Although, it wouldn't just be due to the on-ice performance. Lots of variables involved.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
That´s the thing that really drives me insane. Why sign them before the season started? Makes no sense. No incentive to make them play their hearts out, no motivator at all. They got their retirement money secured.
Don't forget Goligoski. He has been useless for most of last year, and probably will be for all of this year ... all he's good for is eating up the salary cap and blocking young players. It's not like we didn't have veteran Dmen already.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’d bet money Guerin would make the same deals this upcoming offseason.

He overvalues leadership and toughness, so Foligno’s terrible contract was inevitable. I don’t like it, but he’d be captain if Spurgeon wasn’t already.

Hartman was due a raise.

Zucc’s deal keeps Kap happy and isn’t terribly long.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
My family switched from full season to the 10 game pack last year. I think after 21 years, it may come to an end next summer. Although, it wouldn't just be due to the on-ice performance. Lots of variables involved.
If this kind of play continues, we might be seeing some cheap tickets later in the year. I will stay with a losing team if i think that they are making the right moves for the future, and have some bright young talent, but BG re-signing mediocre players as they head into their 30's just is not the way to get me excited about the team.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I’d bet money Guerin would make the same deals this upcoming offseason.

He overvalues leadership and toughness, so Foligno’s terrible contract was inevitable. I don’t like it, but he’d be captain if Spurgeon wasn’t already.

Hartman was due a raise.

Zucc’s deal keeps Kap happy and isn’t terribly long.
If Kap is happy, he sure has a funny way of showing it this year.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Really about where we are at this point. Sad.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I had to pick only one, I'd much prefer BG get fired over Evason.

Fully agree, I'm not looking forward to what he does when he actually has cap space. It's one thing to fill a roster with low end guys like Merrill and Middleton in a period where you don't really have a lot of options, but he's proven that he prioritizes the wrong things, and that won't change with more cap space. I have no faith he can build a great team, I don't think he knows how to get the talent.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If Kap is happy, he sure has a funny way of showing it this year.
I’m hoping his injury is worse than reported. At this point they should LTIR him.

Edit: not HOPING he’s Injured. I think his injury is worse than reported & it would explain his decline.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If this kind of play continues, we might be seeing some cheap tickets later in the year. I will stay with a losing team if i think that they are making the right moves for the future, and have some bright young talent, but BG re-signing mediocre players as they head into their 30's just is not the way to get me excited about the team.
Rossi and Faber (and Boldy till he got hurt) have made the games worth watching this year. But BG has just been a buzzkill with his decisions.

In terms of tickets, the prices may be cheap....but the added fees still screw the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad