GDT: Game 17: Sharks vs. Blues 7:30pm NBCSCA

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Granlund needs to stop trying to make 2-3 extra moves. He consistently makes a good move or decision and then skates/dekes his way into trouble or losing the puck. Happens on the breakaways, happens on break-ins... dude, do less.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

I saw the right score predicted! However, it was in favor of St. Louis.

snogwin.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1
7Oct. 26 at LightningRed Light LoverLightning 6-0
8Oct. 27 at HurricanesPattyLafontaineCanes 3-0
9Oct. 29 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 3-1
10Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 10-1
11Nov. 4 vs PenguinsnonePenguins 10-2
12Nov. 7 vs FlyersRed Light LoverSharks 2-1
13Nov. 9 vs OilersnoneSharks 3-2
14Nov. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-0
15Nov. 12 at DucksSkeksis25Ducks 4-1
16Nov. 14 vs PanthersnonePanthers 5-3
17Nov. 16 vs BluesnoneSharks 5-1

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.Red Light Lover, weastern bias2
T-3.NewMuzu24, PattyLafontaine, Skeksis25, TheBeard1

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
The other two games felt like we were just barely holding on to being a hockey team. Today was a the first game this season where they looked like they belonged in the NHL.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Granlund needs to stop trying to make 2-3 extra moves. He consistently makes a good move or decision and then skates/dekes his way into trouble or losing the puck. Happens on the breakaways, happens on break-ins... dude, do less.
I agree. Sometimes you see this with players who don't trust their linemates to make the right play.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
This was a much better game overall. The blues played like trash but this what I expect most games even though they will still generally lose

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I have higher hopes for Musty. I think he has all the tools to be a high end top 6 guys.

Zetterlund could be a great 3rd liner if he keeps this up, yeah.

I’m hopeful on Smith but I’d feel better if we got Celebrini.
Im all about Esierman the kid is an absolute sniper

Shades of Ekman deking himself right passed the goalie and into the end boards :DD

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
For people with access to the local channel. it looks like they've brought back something like Shark Byte named "San Jose Sharks: The Chomp." Host is Tara Slone and first episode has a Duclair interview (possibly just a clip of the episode from the podcast The Undercurrent), a segment on local artists who spray-painted walls for use at Sharks media day, and an interview with Charanbir Mahal who's looking to expand the reach of the Sharks to the Indian American community (I think he's the guy who's always in the postgame interview scrums).

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
With Eklund getting top line minutes alongside Zetterlund and Hertl, Gushchin up and getting a good chance, and a couple young defensemen in the lineup, this team is actually getting close to being worth looking forward to watching.

I mean, it's not like I wouldn't watch them anyway, I don't have a life, but having even the smallest tingle of excitement at the thought of a game is...a strange feeling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad