GDT: Game 17 - Arizona Coyotes @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, November 18th, 2023 - 6:00pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
With three games in three nights (two Jets and one Bomber), and me probably falling asleep for most of it, I thought I would put my snoozing to good use and a create a GDT that reflects who I am...

86fxpm.jpg

Our team...

WinnipegJets-sleep.jpg

Takes on their team...

FwCHR6sWcAAyKAT.jpg

at...

giphy.gif

at...

JetsSleepCam.jpg

It looks like I have influenced some former Jets, as they looked pretty tired in these clips...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hopefully, we won't see anything like that with our guys tonight, I can't say the same about the Coyotes though...

pack-coyotes-sleeping-pack-coyotes-sleeping-279366400.jpg

Stay awake my friends and enjoy the game! I know I'll try (who am I kidding)...

MacSleep.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
2e6dd8de88749f297843dca538a5962a.jpg

As an unperfect forward who doth populate the Yotes
Who with his relentless fear of El Nino is his part,
Or some fierce Lurch – (the Dog cheers himself with small jokes),
Whose strength's abundance weakens his own canine heart.
So they, for fear of coelacanths, forget to say
Descriptions of a ceremonial hockey’d fight,
And in their Dogged town, their crowds seem to decay,
While we, O'ercharged with chicken of thine own KFC might.
O, let our Zone looks be then the eloquence
And dumb presagers of our sad yote-ish guest,
Who plead for love and look for recompense
Lost their howl that tongue more hath express'd.
O, learn to read what Helly’s glove hath writ:
To hear with eyes glued to 80 inch screens’ fine wit.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Playing with the lead is going to be essential for a win tonight. It's easy to let your heavy legs get the best of you on the second game of a b2b if you fall behind a bit. You just don't have the gas or mental fortitude to claw back.

We really need bro to take a cue from his mentor and come out with a really strong performance. He's looked like he isn't seeing the puck very well so far this season or reading the play especially well.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Thank you sleeping @macmaroon

Baron is Slightly hungover but in good spirits!

Hopefully more fans show up today! There was less than 11,000 easily last night. Never ever seen a Jets game quite like that before. It was kinda scary for a mid November Friday night game:skeptic:

Lets KEEP THIS PARTY GOING

View attachment 769796

GO JETS GO
:jets:jets:jets:jets
Sheesh…11,340 apparently. We were at Tuesday’s game and buddy and I both thought last night’s crowd was well over 12 G which isn’t anything to get excited about either.

Not sure what it’s going to take to get people back? I love the make up of this team, they are fun to watch and work their asses off far more than the last few iterations. Almost the blue collar team that everyone says Winnipeg fans will support.

One other note, that may ruffle some feathers…Winnipeg Jet hockey fans are very overrated. That rink is like a morgue…

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sheesh…11,340 apparently. We were at Tuesday’s game and buddy and I both thought last night’s crowd was well over 12 G which isn’t anything to get excited about either.

Not sure what it’s going to take to get people back? I love the make up of this team, they are fun to watch and work their asses off far more than the last few iterations. Almost the blue collar team that everyone says Winnipeg fans will support.

One other note, that may ruffle some feathers…Winnipeg Jet hockey fans are very overrated. That rink is like a morgue…
To get the seats filled again will take continued winning, which will take until the playoff run up to really catch hold. People will say the will pay for a hard working blue collar team, but IMO that's just talk from people who don't go to games. I was also there last night and a season ticket holder I agree the building has gradually gotten quieter over the last few years. Not sure how much of the answer it is, but I find the in game entertainment to be dull and not really very engaging.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Playing with the lead is going to be essential for a win tonight. It's easy to let your heavy legs get the best of you on the second game of a b2b if you fall behind a bit. You just don't have the gas or mental fortitude to claw back.

We really need bro to take a cue from his mentor and come out with a really strong performance. He's looked like he isn't seeing the puck very well so far this season or reading the play especially well.

Croissant is due. :thumbu:

This is another 4 point divisional game. The Coyotes are still hanging around in the Wild card. Win tonight and we put some more space between ourselves and them.

Hanging around is right! Lose and we are tied.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To get the seats filled again will take continued winning, which will take until the playoff run up to really catch hold. People will say the will pay for a hard working blue collar team, but IMO that's just talk from people who don't go to games. I was also there last night and a season ticket holder I agree the building has gradually gotten quieter over the last few years. Not sure how much of the answer it is, but I find the in game entertainment to be dull and not really very engaging.

:laugh: I would like it better if there was less "in game entertainment". I liked it when there was nothing but the organ. :laugh: da da da DA da da CHARGE! :laugh:

Almost decided to buy tickets for tonight's game. Things came up. Sometimes, life just gets in the way.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Have no fear the Dude is going to the next game and I'm not quiet .:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad