Post-Game Talk: Game 17: Anaheim Ducks vs Florida Panthers - 7pm PT, BSSC (Ducks lose 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4900.jpeg

IMG_4896.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks vs Florida Panthers
7pm PT, BSSC

IMG_4899.jpeg
IMG_4903.jpeg

IMG_4902.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_4905.png

Panthers Projected line up

Carter Verhaeghe -- Aleksander Barkov -- Sam Reinhart
Nick Cousins -- Sam Bennett -- Matthew Tkachuk
Eetu Luostarinen -- Anton Lundell -- Evan Rodrigues
Ryan Lomberg -- Kevin Stenlund -- Steven Lorentz

Gustav Forsling -- Aaron Ekblad
Oliver Ekman-Larsson -- Brandon Montour
Niko Mikkola -- Dmitry Kulikov

Anthony Stolarz
Sergei Bobrovsky

Scratched:
Mike Reilly, Uvis Balinskis
Injured: Jonah Gadjovich (upper body), Josh Mahura (lower body)

IMG_4600.jpeg
Ducks Projected Line up

Alex Killorn --Adam Henrique -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Mason McTavish -- Ryan Strome
Max Jones -- Benoit-Oliver Groulx -- Jakob Silfverberg
Ross Johnston -- Sam Carrick -- Brock McGinn

Cam Fowler -- Jackson LaCombe
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Urho Vaakanainen -- Radko Gudas

John Gibson
Lukas Dostal

Scratched:
, Brett Leason , Leo Carlsson
Injured: Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Isac Lundestrom (Achilles), Trevor Zegras (lower body)

IMG_4897.gif

IMG_4603.gif

IMG_4898.gif
IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Feel this is a must win game. I am seeing the rebuilding teams stalling a little out of the box , those come back wins were fun but now have to start seeing these guys take more strides. Florida is a good team but their team stats this year are pretty similar to the Ducks.

Special teams could be the difference, PP was horrible last game but they did go against a top PK’ing team in the league. Tonight will be a different match up

Is Leo or Zegras going to play? Does this “Load management” thing apply to only back to back games? I have no clue. Leo was the best player on his line last game which is not saying too much since that line was dog poo.

Really need Terry to get going. That top line has not really taken off and need more consistency . Don’t think Cronin should shake up the lines yet after one bad trap game. Let’s see how the next few games go and if Z can get back in soon.

Also, hope Johnston is in to keep Chuckie from getting any ideas about going after our kids. He already went after Bedard.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Feel this is a must win game. I am seeing the rebuilding teams stalling a little out of the box , those come back wins were fun but now have to start seeing these guys take more strides. Florida is a good team but their team stats this year are pretty similar to the Ducks.

Special teams could be the difference, PP was horrible last game but they did go against a top PK’ing team in the league. Tonight will be a different match up

Is Leo or Zegras going to play? Does this “Load management” thing apply to only back to back games? I have no clue. Leo was the best player on his line last game which is not saying too much since that line was dog poo.

Really need Terry to get going. That top line has not really taken off and need more consistency . Don’t think Cronin should shake up the lines yet after one bad trap game. Let’s see how the next few games go and if Z can get back in soon.

Also, hope Johnston is in to keep Chuckie from getting any ideas about going after our kids. He already went after Bedard.

Just read an Athletic article that cited Florida is missing their top d-men in Ekblad and Montour. Neither has played a game. For Florida, Monty is huge contributor on the PP. Montour has been rumored to possibly play tonight for his season debut.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Inaugural bros and Gudas old team. I'll try to catch the game as they signed Balinskis in the offseason

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Some former Ducks on this team. Montour (IR), Mahura, Kulikov, and Stolarz.

That top 6 is pretty loaded:

1700239516035.png

Reactions: 20Duck

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Play a full hard nosed fking 60 minute game and dont give them an inch.. Keep your sticks low... and hustle for every damn inch of the ice.. Earn that fking win.. No fking excuses.. Is what I would say if I was cronin..

Just read an Athletic article that cited Florida is missing their top d-men in Ekblad and Montour. Neither has played a game. For Florida, Monty is huge contributor on the PP. Montour has been rumored to possibly play tonight for his season debut.

Why is it always us that some player on the IR plays there first game of the season and does well. Last years I remember Malkin doing that

Reactions: lwvs84

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Am I the only one happy they are prioritizing development over the playoffs? lol

I would love the playoffs, but this team is a bubble team at best. 6 of their 9 wins have been come from behind. If just half of those games ended up as losses the Ducks would be a bottom 5 team in the NHL points wise.

Just seeing the way they have played compared to last year already makes this season a huge success. I want them to push for the playoffs, but not at the expense of the future. And I get people think the plan is stupid. I also dont agree but I have faith that they know better then me. But whether you agree or disagree with the plan, isnt it a good thing that they are sticking to it since that shows they are not going to do like the Kings did and rush the rebuild?

Luneau is back up with the big squad?
He was with the Gulls for the max time allowed for a conditioning stint.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stupid thing to do... They really dont care about the playoffs it seems

Playoffs are not their primary goal, if it happens nice, but this year is mostly about player growth and development.

Still think they can get a win without Leo, Zegras, and Drysdale.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
What did Leason do to deserve getting benched twice in a row? And for McGinn of all people. It’s like they’re trying to prove they didn’t make a mistake acquiring him.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
What did Leason do to deserve getting benched twice in a row? And for McGinn of all people. It’s like they’re trying to prove they didn’t make a mistake acquiring him.
Yeah, it sucks. Leason has been good. McGinn will be part of the healthy scratch rotation soon though.

Reactions: 20Duck

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
McGinn had a productive preseason before being hurt, he deserves a chance to show he can contribute for this team. Wouldn’t sit Leason two games in a row probably but nothing wrong with putting him in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad