Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Zub
Wolanin - Gudbranson

Hogberg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kind of a no-win week here.

Anything less than clear dominance in all three games will be a disappointment. And even clear dominance in all 3 games won't actually be satisfying.

God forbid we miss out on some of these points.

Anyways, confirmed lineups with GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210215-121120_Sheets.jpg

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Doesnt it make sense to play Hutch when they have Högberg in? Or is it a trap

I'd expect Hutch to start Thursday because of the back-to-back scenario. Hopefully that will be coming off of two Leaf victories. I probably wouldn't fret much about the goalie in the opposition's net.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Interesting idea splitting up the top line. Thornton is really the only option that may not be a drag on that line. Hyman with Tavares and Willy makes them much more formidable, it would be nice to have both lines going. I'd like to give this a look for a few games.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Imagine now when Big Joey is back and making his entrance again... how many gezoals we will SCORE tonight with matthews and them together again?!?! :clap: We LOVE LIFE and all this scoring. WE, have the best team in the league NOW. PERIOD: Others are jelious, but don't be alarmed.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Interesting idea splitting up the top line. Thornton is really the only option that may not be a drag on that line. Hyman with Tavares and Willy makes them much more formidable, it would be nice to have them both lines going. I'd like to give this a look for a few games.

Yeah but won't it be a shuffle? Thornton wasn't getting full minutes with Matthews and Marner to start the year, will he get them coming off a broken rib? If it's Hyman taking his time, who is replacing Hyman on the 2nd?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah but won't it be a shuffle? Thornton wasn't getting full minutes with Matthews and Marner to start the year, will he get them coming off a broken rib? If it's Hyman taking his time, who is replacing Hyman on the 2nd?
Joey was playing the 85% of the time 5 on 5 on those shifts then and will now sire. Don't you worry bout a damn thang like them bone thugs sang. Hyman might get a shift there, mikheyev might. Also if hyman is playing two shifts with those fools, mikheyev is then stunting those two shifts with tavvy and nylu. No problemo sire. We rule and rock the EARTH. EASILY.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Any team can win on any given night. Having said that please rip the sens hearts out and just end it in the 1st.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
It is a bit of a risk throwing him into the fire his first game back. I'd just bump up Vesey for a few shifts if he needs to catch a breather.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Joey was playing the 85% of the time 5 on 5 on those shifts then and will now sire. Don't you worry bout a damn thang like them bone thugs sang. Hyman might get a shift there, mikheyev might. Also if hyman is playing two shifts with those fools, mikheyev is then stunting those two shifts with tavvy and nylu. No problemo sire. We rule and rock the EARTH. EASILY.

And I was starting to worry we hadn't had a bench minor - too many men penalty in a while.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
3 games against the Sens,

Meh with 3 points
Satisfied with 4 points
Happy with 5 points
Delighted with 6 points

I'd say the over/under line for points in these 3 games would be around 4.5.

So I'll say 4 is meh, 5 is good and 6 is very good. OTT is pretty bad though so it would take more than 6 points for me to be delighted, maybe a couple of shutouts on top of that or something would do the trick.

No team plays their best every night but the elite teams bring it most nights. Beating these guys soundly 3 in a row would be a step in the right direction so that's definitely the goal here. And then revenge against the Habs would make it a fine week indeed!

GLG!!

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
It is a bit of a risk throwing him into the fire his first game back. I'd just bump up Vesey for a few shifts if he needs to catch a breather.
I think that Joe knows best and the coach knows best and the trainers know best and the organization knows best and that decisions nowadays are made with health and professionalism and team goals and player output in mind and studied extensively

Reactions: The Man with a Plan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad