GDT: Game 16: Calgary Flames @ Phoenix Coyotes | 2-18-13 | 7PM

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Flames fans are bashing the players, management, goaltending, everything on TSN website.
Trade Iginla, fire coach, manager, etc.

They got the worst team in the league. Other than Kiprusoff, Iginla, Stempniak and Bärtschi they got a bunch of overpaid has-beens and AHLers.

I'm serious when I say that they'd could have missed the AHL playoffs if they played there. The only reason they're not rebuilding is because Feaster and the ownership are idiots who doesn't realize the rebuild should've started three years ago.

But you know what? They won't trade away Iginla or Kiprusoff and then both of them will walk come free agency. Because Feaster is just that stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
I'm serious when I say that they'd could have missed the AHL playoffs if they played there.

:laugh:

We got your point and I'm sure most of us would agree that the Flames are among the worst teams in the league and possibly the worst at the moment. But you're just invalidating your point when you're exaggerating like this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Both Calgary and Edmonton are run very poorly. Not sure what is in the water up there. Jury is still out on Atlanta North.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They got the worst team in the league. Other than Kiprusoff, Iginla, Stempniak and Bärtschi they got a bunch of overpaid has-beens and AHLers.

I'm serious when I say that they'd could have missed the AHL playoffs if they played there. The only reason they're not rebuilding is because Feaster and the ownership are idiots who doesn't realize the rebuild should've started three years ago.

But you know what? They won't trade away Iginla or Kiprusoff and then both of them will walk come free agency. Because Feaster is just that stupid.

You forgot GlenX. He's a ****ing badass. Seriously, I'd kill to draft the next one of him.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
You forgot GlenX. He's a ****ing badass. Seriously, I'd kill to draft the next one of him.

Funny you mention him - he' always been a player that I have wanted to look into trading for, but he has a no-movement clause. :(

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The stands were probably about 40% Canadians, but a small percentage were Canadians supporting the 'Yotes. Also some Edmonton fans that yelled how much Calgary sucks, and a Finnish group from Helsinki was behind me. Their voices would raise every time Korpi was playing the puck.

I'll take it, but to be honest, the crowd was a little dead at times - that fight really didn't bring the crowd into it until we started to convert in the 3rd.

Our PP movement is sooooo much better than last year - not just moving the puck, but the feet as well. We're also bringing the puck in with much better regularity - we usually get about 3 or 4 zone entries, and that's b/c we are doing great work battling to keep the puck in the zone. It's nice to say that when you only have 1 PP in the game.

Calgary couldn't buy a break - Yotes looked very fluid. Liked Yandle's game a lot last night. Quick goal - sure there were a few goofs, but nothing like some of the plays that could implode on you or put your team in a negative position. Liked our 4th line's play, too. Vermette had some room to get creative one-on-one off the side boards, and the cycle was really good. Methinks Playfair had his share of ideas to open the game, and then we beat them with Coyote hockey in the last...

Here's to more like this one...

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
:laugh:

We got your point and I'm sure most of us would agree that the Flames are among the worst teams in the league and possibly the worst at the moment. But you're just invalidating your point when you're exaggerating like this.
Nope I'm serious. The goaltending is the worst in the league, the D is so inept it isn't even funny and the F corps, their "strong point", have a center depth of a rain pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad