GDT: Game 15: Sharks @ Ducks 5:00pm NBCSCA

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
The most painful part of this season is watching Vlasic and Ferraro being game after game of poor play with no consequence.
100%

I think Sharks seriously need to buy out Vlasic next summer, just for the locker room. No letter/leadership, no passion and no hockey in MEV. Which is sad since he was once one of the best at his craft.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
How many gold stars does $3.25 million buy?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Ferraro's confidence is shot. Even on the defensive side of the game I'm a beer league dman and I know the look when i see someone without poise or swagger. Okhotiuk has loads of it, Ferraro has none.

He needs a new team, a completely fresh start. No other way to fix him.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Ferraro's confidence is shot. Even on the defensive side of the game I'm a beer league dman and I know the look when i see someone without poise or swagger. Okhotiuk has loads of it, Ferraro has none.

He needs a new team, a completely fresh start. No other way to fix him.
I would love this, but his contract is not very conducive to a trade.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I’m not giving him a pass but he’s still salvageable with the right coaching. Vlasic is just dead weight at this point.
I disagree with Ferraro. He has shown absolute zero hockey sense and he defaults to very poor plays. I don’t think that can be rectified without significant time in the AHL and very limited and sheltered minutes.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I disagree with Ferraro. He has shown absolute zero hockey sense and he defaults to very poor plays. I don’t think that can be rectified without significant time in the AHL and very limited and sheltered minutes.
Ferraro's got a good buyout cap hit if they can't find a trade for him. I'd be happy to get rid of him for a 541k cap hit the next four years. Vlasic is a lot more costly. I'd just bury him honestly.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Had to watch the game on delay last night and it went about what I expected. That floater puck that dropped behind Blackwood was weird and a very "Sharks are tanking" kind of goal. People have been calling it a Mighty Ducks kind of goal, but isn't that what the Knucklepuck was?

I do still like the top line of Hertl/Zetterlund/Eklund and Addison has been decent so far. Also, I know I'm supposed to despise the Ducks, but I really love those egg plant uniforms. I want more 90s stuff to make a comeback.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Ferraro hit his sophomore slump and never recovered. It happens to guys, and much of the time the way the player gets around it is to get moved. See Matt Carle, Jason Demers, etc.

Vlasic...I don't know his head but he comes off as lazy.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Hopefully Eklund and Smith can be our answer to Zegras and McTavish. Which means we need to find a Carlsson and a Mintyukov in the next two drafts to get to where the Ducks are now.

Reactions: coooldude

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hopefully Eklund and Smith can be our answer to Zegras and McTavish. Which means we need to find a Carlsson and a Mintyukov in the next two drafts to get to where the Ducks are now.
I think this upcoming draft will produce one of those but the other one is still up in the air. Not sure how the 2025 draft is stacking up yet but getting Celebrini could put them outside of the top of that draft.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Ferraro hit his sophomore slump and never recovered. It happens to guys, and much of the time the way the player gets around it is to get moved. See Matt Carle, Jason Demers, etc.

Vlasic...I don't know his head but he comes off as lazy.
This is what my concern is with this season and commentary praising players who played a full two minutes on the PK as warriors rather than rightfully acknowledging the fact they were out there because they couldn't clear the zone.

I feel like everyone in the organization was so high on Ferraro they started to flat out ignore the issues in his game. They continue to do so to this very day. It's why players like Kunin continue to get gifted opportunity after opportunity in top six role, because they praise one specific part of his game whilst ignore the glaring issues.

To a point, it's starting to be like that with Sturm too.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
This is what my concern is with this season and commentary praising players who played a full two minutes on the PK as warriors rather than rightfully acknowledging the fact they were out there because they couldn't clear the zone.

I feel like everyone in the organization was so high on Ferraro they started to flat out ignore the issues in his game. They continue to do so to this very day. It's why players like Kunin continue to get gifted opportunity after opportunity in top six role, because they praise one specific part of his game whilst ignore the glaring issues.

To a point, it's starting to be like that with Sturm too.
Who is Quinn supposed to be playing over Kunin? Or Ferraro or Sturm for that matter?

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Who is Quinn supposed to be playing over Kunin? Or Ferraro or Sturm for that matter?
I'm not advocating for scratching Sturm or Kunin.
Sturm - my issue isn't his usage or anything like that. More that he is being praised for instances of poor play (i.e. playing a full 2 min penalty kill because his unit could clear the zone).

Kunin - I would take Zadina or Guschin over him in a top 6 role, especially when Duclair is back. Kunin is a 4th liner. It's that simple. Zadina has the offensive skill set that would be better suited to top six.

Ferraro - Give me any Dman not named Vlasic and I would play them over Ferraro at the moment.

Reactions: Mattb124

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm not advocating for scratching Sturm or Kunin.
Sturm - my issue isn't his usage or anything like that. More that he is being praised for instances of poor play (i.e. playing a full 2 min penalty kill because his unit could clear the zone).

Kunin - I would take Zadina or Guschin over him in a top 6 role, especially when Duclair is back. Kunin is a 4th liner. It's that simple. Zadina has the offensive skill set that would be better suited to top six.

Ferraro - Give me any Dman not named Vlasic and I would play them over Ferraro at the moment.
If they feel Bordeleau is ready again at some point, he should be playing in Sturm's spot and Sturm should slide down to Carpenter's spot. Agreed with the Ferraro stuff. I would take Kunin still over some guys still in the lineup currently like Labanc and Zadina but he shouldn't be in the lineup ideally lol

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I can't remember the last time, prior to this season, where I missed more than 2 or 3 games in a row. I missed this one and I won't be back watching again until Friday. I hoping they get shit squared away by then....

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The amazing thing is that didn’t creep into his game until his second pro year, and now his decision-making is literally the worst I can recall from an NHL player I am familiar with.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
The amazing thing is that didn’t creep into his game until his second pro year, and now his decision-making is literally the worst I can recall from an NHL player I am familiar with.
This is why I always say that being Burns' partner ruined him, he took too many bad lessons from the experience instead of continuing to use what were his strengths at the time. Got his wires all crossed up.

Reactions: timorous me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad