GDT: Game 15: Red Wings vs bj's 1:00 et 11/11/23 (NHLN)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Just when I think Keating has to be the most awkward announcer on the planet, Jimmy Howard enters the chat
These are tough times, man. All over the world people are getting paid to be in roles they shouldn't be, haha.

Mickey saying the facilities at the Joe weren't very good... 100 f'n percent. Probably piles of lawsuits against it Mafia'd away.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
These are tough times, man. All over the world people are getting paid to be in roles they shouldn't be, haha.

Mickey saying the facilities at the Joe weren't very good... 100 f'n percent. Probably piles of lawsuits against it Mafia'd away.
Honestly I'm amazed I never saw any stories about someone tripping going down the upper bowl steps and dying.

I hope they retired those bathroom troughs. Maybe they gave one to Sobotka as a severance package.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I wasn't on Bally but I'd rather listen to Kevin Weekes and that Jane lady again every single time instead of having to sit through Olczyk and that Adams guy. I didn't think they were bad at all. Weekes was a big cringey from times to times, but let's keep in mind that Ken and Mickey have set the bar really high for us so we can't be too harsh :)

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I understand icing it when its the only safe play but copp had time to do something else wth it. Either a high flipper or shooting for the empty net.

He had the soft backhand along the boards there too that kept the puck in the zone. A couple not great plays from Copp in key situations.
Yea and offensively plays were dying on his stick again.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Well, it is 2 regulation points, always good to get, but man it could of been way easier than it was.

Enjoy Sweden boys, find a PP and a goalie while you are out there. Also see if you can ditch Petry with a SHL team while out there.

Reactions: Sentinel

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Compher 6 points last 5 games. Walman tied for 4th leaguewide in goals for d-men.
I’ve been pleased with Compher. He has good situational awareness and has more vision than I expected.

It is clear the word is out on Husso and that is fire low on the glove side.
How many games is he gonna have where he lets in fewer than 3 goals? 4 all year? He’s a problem. This team might actually get somewhere if they weren’t constantly set back by pucks that shouldn’t go in.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just when I think Keating has to be the most awkward announcer on the planet, Jimmy Howard enters the chat
where I miss Flashy being able to put Jimmy Howard's awkward face on the McMahon walk.

billionaire-strut-vince-mcmahon.gif

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I wasn't on Bally but I'd rather listen to Kevin Weekes and that Jane lady again every single time instead of having to sit through Olczyk and that Adams guy. I didn't think they were bad at all. Weekes was a big cringey from times to times, but let's keep in mind that Ken and Mickey have set the bar really high for us so we can't be too harsh :)
Oh, if I have to choose between the two today, and Eddie Olczyk and whatever was paired with him, absolutely. I'll take the woman that knows nothing about hockey, and the guy that's afraid to mansplain it to her, any day of the week.

Not sure why that's our choice though, not sure why ESPN couldn't find a woman (if it must be a woman, which of course it does, because ESPN/Disney Panderverse) that knows something about hockey. I know a few. Oh wait -- ESPN doesn't give a wet sh*t about hockey. Glad so many games are on ESPN. Good job Gary!

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Oh, if I have to choose between the two today, and Eddie Olczyk and whatever was paired with him, absolutely. I'll take the woman that knows nothing about hockey, and the guy that's afraid to mansplain it to her, any day of the week.

Not sure why that's our choice though, not sure why ESPN couldn't find a woman (if it must be a woman, which of course it does, because ESPN/Disney Panderverse) that knows something about hockey. I know a few. Oh wait -- ESPN doesn't give a wet sh*t about hockey. Glad so many games are on ESPN. Good job Gary!
Leah Hextall was pretty bad when she started but she has improved a lot (in my opinion). But yeah, I wish they'd actually hire someone who knows what they're talking about but I don't think she was too bad. A bit lost here and there but generally seemed to be quite hyped about the game so I thought it was fun. I don't think she's worse than what we usually have when it's not Ken/Mickey.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
what is the NHL LN network? How do I find the game?

I have MAX for TNT games
I have ESPN+

What else do I have to buy?
Only options I know of are having cable with the package that includes it, or something like Sling TV or Fubo tv and then NHL Network is usually an add on sports package of some sort on top of the basic cost.

So we are talking like 50-60+ dollars just to get that channel. Yeah it's dumb which is why I just watch it on my PC via sails.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Only options I know of are having cable with the package that includes it, or something like Sling TV or Fubo tv and then NHL Network is usually an add on sports package of some sort on top of the basic cost.

So we are talking like 50-60+ dollars just to get that channel. Yeah it's dumb which is why I just watch it on my PC via sails.
DirecTV and DISH network has it as well, but as you mentioned it's an extra sports pack that you need to pay for.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad