GDT: Game 15 - New Jersey Devils @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Today, we will look at the life of one of our more disgruntled posters: @sipowicz

Sipowicz-GDT1.jpg

Sipowicz grew up alone on the mean streets of Elmwood. With no one to guide him, a life of crime was in his future. But the “Hells Tikes” tricycle gang changed all that after they stole his beloved Radio Flyer tricycle...

Sipowicz-tricycle.jpg

From then on, Sipowicz knew he wanted to be in law enforcement. But first, he needed to get tough, so he joined the army...

Sipowicz-army.png

After his tour of duty was over, he ended up applying to the New York City Police Department...

actor-dennis-franz-238448_small.jpg

...where he quickly moved up the ranks...

main-qimg-47a47301644405c2e8320ec038c25468-lq

...and eventually became a Lieutenant...

MV5BYzJkZjU2NzMtZDdmYS00MDM1LWE3M2EtNmU3ZTg2NGY0YjY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1ODI0Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Having quite a sense for fashion, Sipowicz ended up taking a leave of absence to start a new clothing line in Beverly Hills...

hq720.jpg

But unfortunately, Hollywood was not ready for him, and within a year, he headed back to New York to continue his police work...

images

One of his proudest moments was being able to solve the case of the stolen donut, it was Grover...

Sipowicz-donut.jpg

After putting in his time, Sipowicz finally retired from the force and is now living the life he always wanted...

dennis-franz.jpg

...and finally got a new ride after his last one was stolen...

Sipowicz-cycle.jpg

And the rest, they say, is history...

The Winnipeg Jets take on the New Jersey Devils tonight at 7:00pm at Canada Life Centre. The Jets are coming off of a 3-2 loss at the hands of the Dallas Stars on Saturday, and are now 7-5-2 on the season. The Devils have lost two straight, including a 4-2 defeat at the hands of the Washington Capitals on Saturday, giving them a similar 7-5-1 record on the year. Will Winnipeg scare the hell out of the Devils with an impressive showing, or will New Jersey steal the Jets soul? Can Josh Norrissey return? Does Nate Schmidt need some press box time. Will @sipowicz show up on time tonight? These questions and a few others will be pondered during the game for later review...

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks @macmaroon

@sipowicz - we need you to sideswipe Gus, Nik and all the usual suspects.

d6ed0e96-6729-42d3-aea8-400176cdfce9_text.gif

And Jets, feel free to Blast the Devils to within inches of the very lives!!

elmo-satan.gif

We'll need to be in our Sunday best to deal with the Devils.

04606c2e444618fe3acf2f22282e66c0.gif

200w.gif

BTW here's a nice little number to see Sip off into retirement. Fresh rubber, 4 into 1, decent seat, classic lines.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 7.10.26 AM.png

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
2e6dd8de88749f297843dca538a5962a.jpg

How quaint when the Devil doth spit and fight,
Knowing a better Jetted spirit hath stolen his game,
And in the chase up-ice spends all his might,
To end up stymied, baffled, downcast with shame.
And Helly resurrect the blocker side biz,
To humble the proudest shot Bratt doth bear,
Hischier’s saucy footwork doth not JoMo bequiz
Jets, let your forecheck game wilfully appear.
Lurch your breaks on PK will hold me up afloat,
Whilst we upon your cacophony of goals doth ride;
Put the torch to Schmid, see him wreck'd, the glittering stoat,
He of tall ego and of goodly pride:
Then if we thrive and the Devils be cast away,
The best was the moment we broke these popinjays.

Sip Tribute Comment: Thorburn > Ehlers.

I hope Ehlers scores one for Sip tonight!
If we're being honest: Thorburn > Ehlers > McLord Tunderin' Jayzus

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Is it just me or does it feel like some guys abruptly disappear from this board without a word?

It's like being ghosted on Facebook. Day after day they make comments like the rest of us and then suddenly vanish.

I'm thinking of names like Sceleton, TomServoM3TSK, Stumbledore, Aries56, Gm0ney. There's probably tons more that I can't recall at the moment. They've all disappeared, like a devil collected them.

I wonder what gives. They can't all have dropped dead. Or is it that we're boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad