GDT: Game 14 Sharks in Sin City 7pm

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
PBinVegas.png

Bring it, The Vee Gee Kay!!! LOL

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
As cool as it has been to win 2 in a row, we were still severely outplayed in both games and were lucky that it were 2 bad teams who couldn't take advantage of their chances. Doubt that's gonna continue tonight.

I don't think we have suddenly figured it out or turned it around, but more a case of over a long year, even the worst teams will fluke their way into some wins.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
As cool as it has been to win 2 in a row, we were still severely outplayed in both games and were lucky that it were 2 bad teams who couldn't take advantage of their chances. Doubt that's gonna continue tonight.

I don't think we have suddenly figured it out or turned it around, but more a case of over a long year, even the worst teams will fluke their way into some wins.
On the flipside, our best players were our best players, our defense blocked a lot of shots and everyone else looked to buy into the effort.
This wasn’t just bad teams, our boys stepped up and took advantage of that.

Reactions: BaileyMacTavish

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
On the flipside, our best players were our best players, our defense blocked a lot of shots and everyone else looked to buy into the effort.
This wasn’t just bad teams, our boys stepped up and took advantage of that.
Just from shots that were counted as shots and blocked shots, we were outshot 76-30.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Just from shots that were counted as shots and blocked shots, we were outshot 76-30.
As I recall, shots don’t determine the game. Goals do. If a team takes 2 shots all game long but score on both, they win, as long as the other team scores less. Even if the other team takes 60 shots.

Jts4thgoal

King of the idiots
Aug 28, 2015
After 2 miracle wins in a row, this one might get ugly. The Sharks were lucky against 2 bottom feeders and Vegas looked like they were on cruise control the last time these 2 played.

Vegas 6
Marchessault x 2, Stone, Karlsson x 3

Sharks 0

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
As I recall, shots don’t determine the game. Goals do. If a team takes 2 shots all game long but score on both, they win, as long as the other team scores less. Even if the other team takes 60 shots.
Sure, but who are you going to bet wins in the majority of games over a large sample, the teams that get 38 shots or the teams that get 15?

Quantity has a quality all it's own.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Quantity of goals trumps everything else. Even non quality goals.
I don’t gamble, for the record.
Oh I hate gambling, but sometimes it's a useful metaphor.

Unfortunately you can't make good predictions for the future purely off of goals, especially in a small sample size. Shots is a better proxy for overall offensive ability and possession time.

Reactions: karltonian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad