GDT: Game 14 | Pens @ Oilers | 8:30 PM EST | Bonsoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But you lose Hagelin....really a lateral move. The right move would be to bench Reaves and put in Archibald. Not to bench Hags.

Benching Reaves does nothing though, Hagelin needs to sit to fire him up, he needs to be better. Reaves has been alright, he's on the 4th line, isn't really the problem. In the top 9, Hagelin is getting great opportunities and doing absolutely nothing with it. Swapping Reaves with Archibald doesn't solve that one freaking bit.

Reactions: wtd

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why should it be Kuhnhackl? Just curious, if you say because he's slow, you're wrong. If you say because he's been worse than Hagelin, you're wrong. If you're saying he isn't playing well, guess what?

You'd be wrong again.

Because Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, we will need Reaves probably. Lucic was Pejorative Slured last game vs Pens in a dirty way.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Because Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, we will need Reaves probably. Lucic was ******ed last game vs Pens in a dirty way.

And what did Reaves do last time? Iirc Cole got boarded by Lucic and Schultz got concussed by Caguila. Nurse fought Reaves and Nurse may have been the one to start it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man such sour people. Kuhnhackl being the guy to whine about is really bizarre. I think he's the kind of guy that might actually balance the Geno line for now until a better option presents itself. But he's been playing solid hockey all season long, one of the few that hasn't been an utter dumpster fire in blowouts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Because Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, we will need Reaves probably. Lucic was ******ed last game vs Pens in a dirty way.

Ok, so again, why does it mean Kuhnhackl should be out? In this scenario, Reaves is still in, Archibald is in over Hagelin who has been horrendous for the season...

You didn't address my post which was addressing your hate over Kuhnhackl for no reason but because Hagelin was out, a guy that deserves to sit for more than one game in my book.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And what did Reaves do last time? Iirc Cole got boarded by Lucic and Schultz got concussed by Caguila. Nurse fought Reaves and Nurse may have been the one to start it.

So should Reaves have run around trying to grab players and escalate it into some fight fest that we had against the Islanders? Because I have news for you, we'd still lose that because even if you take the trade off of Lucic vs Reaves out of the game, you still have the biggest idiot on the ice looking to do damage in Kassian.

The Schultz elbow was an accident. Maybe in that scenario, Justin needs to be better prepared, even if he saw the elbow last second, dude just went straight ahead anyway.

As for the Cole thing, yeah that one sucked and the Nurse thing was pointless, but maybe we see Reaves and Kassian tee off early in this game, or Lucic. Both teams are struggling, both teams are going to look out to establish the energy/intensity right away.

Reactions: wtd

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just a reminder as @DegenX said prior, we don't have anyone signed up for GDTs. Something that has made this board great for years and years is volunteers stepping up for GDTs/threads/games/etc. You don't have to make big time GDTs, you can do whatever you want - even if it's just starting a thread.

Check out the GDT thread and sign up if you can help out.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Corrado intrigues me so seeing him is cool.

Well, I guess we finally get to see how improved Maatta's footspeed really is, because all of those 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 rushes Dumo has been defending because Letang is Letang . . . it's now Maatta's turn. :popcorn:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Corrado intrigues me so seeing him is cool.

Corrado intrigues me in the sense that I'd have him in if Ruhwedel/Hunwick were out but we don't, Schultz is also out. We still have really only one natural PMD on the team, Maatta has been decent, Dumoulin has been almost as bad as Letang. If anything, it'll make this defense sit back more when it shouldn't.

Unless Corrado takes some risks up the ice, dude has the weirdest skating style, so upright.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Corrado intrigues me in the sense that I'd have him in if Ruhwedel/Hunwick were out but we don't, Schultz is also out. We still have really only one natural PMD on the team, Maatta has been decent, Dumoulin has been almost as bad as Letang. If anything, it'll make this defense sit back more when it shouldn't.

Unless Corrado takes some risks up the ice, dude has the weirdest skating style, so upright.

Corrado also will have to try really hard to be more inept than Trotman, so atleast he's got that going for him. :)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Ok, so again, why does it mean Kuhnhackl should be out? In this scenario, Reaves is still in, Archibald is in over Hagelin who has been horrendous for the season...

You didn't address my post which was addressing your hate over Kuhnhackl for no reason but because Hagelin was out, a guy that deserves to sit for more than one game in my book.

My question with Hagelin is if this is just the offensive player he is now. He's more highly unproductive than any other criticism and if he can't produce better then he's more of an awful contract than someone you scratch for underachieving. HBK streak aside his ppg might be trending down.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just a reminder as @DegenX said prior, we don't have anyone signed up for GDTs. Something that has made this board great for years and years is volunteers stepping up for GDTs/threads/games/etc. You don't have to make big time GDTs, you can do whatever you want - even if it's just starting a thread.

I'd love to sign up, but I won't be able to this week, long day tomorrow and I'll be at the game on Saturday.

I'll check the thread out for sure and signup for one to help out!

Reactions: ColePens

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So should Reaves have run around trying to grab players and escalate it into some fight fest that we had against the Islanders? Because I have news for you, we'd still lose that because even if you take the trade off of Lucic vs Reaves out of the game, you still have the biggest idiot on the ice looking to do damage in Kassian.

The Schultz elbow was an accident. Maybe in that scenario, Justin needs to be better prepared, even if he saw the elbow last second, dude just went straight ahead anyway.

As for the Cole thing, yeah that one sucked and the Nurse thing was pointless, but maybe we see Reaves and Kassian tee off early in this game, or Lucic. Both teams are struggling, both teams are going to look out to establish the energy/intensity right away.

Then he's not "needed" because of those players.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Oilers jerseys look absolutely atrocious on the tv, I paid top dollar for a 4k tv and now I'm almost blinded looking at those highlighter orange jerseys.

Reactions: Sam Spade

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Really don't want to see Reaves doing fancy drop passes just getting into the zone.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid's line has done a nice job sustaining pressure, but that's two shifts in a row the Oilers came out 3 on 2 through the neutral zone.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Dey don care. Dey act like dey care. Dey don care.

Seriously, it's the same handful of folks who keep stepping up. The majority of this board doesn't seem to care if there's a GDT or not, nor do they appreciate the effort that's put into the ones that are posted.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dey don care. Dey act like dey care. Dey don care.

Seriously, it's the same handful of folks who keep stepping up. The majority of this board doesn't seem to care if there's a GST or not, nor do they appreciate the effort that's put into the ones that are posted.

Actually, some of us are superstitious. Pens have won the cup 3 times in years where I didn't do a GDT, have never won the cup in a year where I have (or wouldn't have won a cup in a year if I had, but whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad