GDT: Game 14 - New York Rangers vs New York Islanders - 7pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
20F180A8-5A72-4576-88E0-EAB90E4245CA.jpeg

D59AB33C-3276-49F7-8A84-8DF0A8F5AC90.jpeg

1DE4510B-DAC2-4266-B855-7C9E92B2FC0D.png

New York Rangers vs New York Islanders
7pm EST - MSG

246C4E9C-0F55-476E-B203-8BAC14218535.jpeg

0101F798-179E-4BD6-9ECC-A1443E6B4712.jpeg

034DDAC1-CE4E-442A-97B7-AB8FA11F14EB.png
Islanders Projected line up

Josh Bailey -- Mathew Barzal -- Oliver Wahlstrom
Anders Lee -- Brock Nelson -- Anthony Beauvillier
Zach Parise -- Jean-Gabriel Pageau -- Kyle Palmieri
Matt Martin -- Casey Cizikas -- Ross Johnston

Alexander Romanov -- Noah Dobson
Adam Pelech -- Ryan Pulock
Sebastian Aho -- Scott Mayfield

Varlamov

Sorokin

Scratched: Nikita Soshnikov, Robin Salo
Injured: Cal Clutterbuck (undisclosed)

FEA025F4-05B2-440F-BE58-B18599CB2551.png
Rangers Projected line up

Artemi Panarin -- Mika Zibanejad -- Kaapo Kakko
Alexis Lafreniere -- Vincent Trocheck -- Jimmy Vesey
Chris Kreider -- Filip Chytil -- Vitali Kravtsov
Sammy Blais -- Ryan Carpenter -- Barclay Goodrow

K'Andre Miller -- Adam Fox
Zac Jones -- Jacob Trouba
Libor Hajek -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jaroslav Halak

Scratched: Ryan Reaves
Injured: Ryan Lindgren (upper body), Julien Gauthier (upper body)

Today’s game sponsored by..

F1855CD0-2A3C-4911-BB4B-68F2F9F2CC8B.jpeg

39316252-2B36-4054-A727-33A6AE6274FF.jpeg

86ECF20E-028A-46D4-BB60-08B6AB4EEBEB.gif

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This is when Halak goes to handle the puck, it skips over his stick, gets out in front and Wahlstrom puts it into an open net, at 8:36 into the period?
More like he notices a lineup move he doesn't like and goes ballistic before the puck is even dropped

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
After getting teams far along and almost always after multiple playoff runs. Let’s tell the full story and not leave out the part that is not supportive of your false narrative.
@JHS

Nothing I have said is a "false narrative." He has never been with a team and not been fired in his third season. That is an actual fact. Also, no team he has left has ever gone on to win anything, so let's not make it seem like he started a team down a path that in anyway had success afterwards as a result of his coaching - because again, these are facts, that never happened.

"Far along" and "multiple playoff runs" is completely meaningless. He's been passed the first round only twice in his coaching career and this past year was the second time. The only team he had multiple playoff runs with was Vegas, and they lost in the first round in his second year. Then he was fired - right on brand.

Now the team, instead of riding the momentum from their long run last year is sputtering.

Gee, wonder why that is? Couldn't be that Igor isn't having a historical season which was the exact reason why they had any modicum of success last year.
OH WAIT, THAT'S EXACTLY IT.

Reactions: Circus86

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Will we embarrass ourselves again?

Will we "get up" for THE rivalry game?

Or will we just mail it in... again? How many stamps did Kreider buy for this one?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I updated the lines. Vince has Trocheck as the 3rd line, NHL has Trocheck as the 2nd line . At this point don’t think it matters they are like two 3rd lines at this point that need to produce.

Guess you can call those line the ones that need to perform lines. I dunno.

Top line is stacked with players who I think have had a good season so far with little to no struggles.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
@JHS

Nothing I have said is a "false narrative." He has never been with a team and not been fired in his third season. That is an actual fact. Also, no team he has left has ever gone on to win anything, so let's not make it seem like he started a team down a path that in anyway had success afterwards as a result of his coaching - because again, these are facts, that never happened.

"Far along" and "multiple playoff runs" is completely meaningless. He's been passed the first round only twice in his coaching career and this past year was the second time. The only team he had multiple playoff runs with was Vegas, and they lost in the first round in his second year. Then he was fired - right on brand.

Now the team, instead of riding the momentum from their long run last year is sputtering.

Gee, wonder why that is? Couldn't be that Igor isn't having a historical season which was the exact reason why they had any modicum of success last year.
OH WAIT, THAT'S EXACTLY IT.
The " false narrative" is Gallant deserves to be fired because the team is sputtering. It's simply absurd. 7 months ago this team was in serious contention for a cup. You want to only give the goalie credit- ok maybe that's true. But how then does Gallant ever get any credit for anything? If the players are mediocre than he'd get blamed for not getting the best out of them. If the players are overachieving it seems like in this narrative, " The players are covering up for the poor coaching." All I'm pointing out is we at least owe it to be fair to the coach and evaluate what he's contributed and accomplished. He gotten multiple teams to extended playoff runs, one in its first year in existence and repeated a similar run with a group of players last year that most experts had finishing in the bottom half of the league.

We are not even at the Thanksgiving break yet and all's I'm saying is Gallant has earned a much longer leash than some calling for him to be ousted are giving him. Failing to realize that and allowing your emotions to carry your thoughts is an emotional overreaction that I'm calling people out for.

On to tonight's game. I'm hopeful to see a spark and contributions from Kreider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad