Post-Game Talk: Game 14: Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks, 5pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_4853.jpeg

IMG_4852.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks
5pm PT, BSSC

IMG_4848.gif

IMG_4851.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_4854.jpeg
Sharks Projected Line up

William Eklund -- Tomas Hertl -- Fabian Zetterlund
Kevin Labanc -- Mikael Granlund -- Anthony Duclair
Mike Hoffman -- Nico Sturm -- Filip Zadina
Givani Smith -- Ryan Carpenter -- Luke Kunin

Mario Ferraro -- Calen Addison
Marc-Edouard Vlasic -- Kyle Burroughs
Nikita Okhotiuk -- Jan Rutta

Mackenzie Blackwood
Kaapo Kahkonen

Scratched:
Ty Emberson, Nikolai Knyzhov, Jacob MacDonald
Injured: Logan Couture (lower body), Alexander Barabanov (broken finger), Matt Benning (undisclosed)

IMG_4600.jpeg

Ducks Projected Line up

Alex Killorn -- Leo Carlsson -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Mason McTavish -- Ryan Strome
Max Jones -- Adam Henrique -- Jakob Silfverberg
Brett Leason -- Benoit-Olivier Groulx -- Sam Carrick

Cam Fowler -- Jackson LaCombe
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Urho Vaakanainen -- Radko Gudas

John Gibson
Lukas Dostal

Scratched: Ross Johnston
Injured: Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Brock McGinn (lower body), Isac Lundestrom (Achilles), Chase De Leo (knee), Trevor Zegras (lower body)

IMG_4855.gif

IMG_4443.gif

IMG_4433.jpeg

IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
They lost their last game 5-0.
Oooops, I missed that one then. They will be hungry I guess :laugh:

My faith in us (this season) would be questioned if we lose
IIRC i saw somewhere that we're one of the worst in the league in giving up scoring chances (not shots). If that's the case then we're riding a high wave but not sure how long.

Anyhow, would like to win this one. Hopefully Leo plays, want to see more of Killorn-Leo

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
First healthy scratch for Ross? Why didn’t he start a fight with Des when we fell behind a couple goals on Friday? I hate to say it, but when you have a specific role on the team and you fail to do it…
That was surprising, especially since Des was being extra shitty cheap shotting guys after the whistle, etc.

Reactions: McDonald19

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Might as well get my rant in now…

There are no excuses for tonight. I felt we were pretty lost against the Flyers so that game had no hope. (Thank goodness for the Leo hat trick to shade that brutal loss) Flyers beat the Kings last night so don’t feel as bad. Flyers are not a bad team.

But that Pittsburgh game, should have gotten at least a point out of that, and only goal was an indirect result from a blatant missed icing call. So if it’s not the refs screwing us it’s the linesmen, lol. So it’s been frustrating, that we don’t have a few more wins over .500

It’s not just about the kids doing well anymore, imo. Gotta get wins with those results as well. We need to stay competitive. This is where we can try and separate ourselves from the bottom feeders and no longer be in the “lottery team” discussions. I’m tired of it.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I love to see Leo scoring and hopefully he does again tonite but it’s been a while since we’ve had a non-Carlsson goal :laugh:

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022

There are no excuses for tonight. I felt we were pretty lost against the Flyers so that game had no hope. (Thank goodness for the Leo hat trick to shade that brutal loss) Flyers beat the Kings last night so don’t feel as bad. Flyers are not a bad team.

But that Pittsburgh game, should have gotten at least a point out of that, and only goal was an indirect result from a blatant missed icing call. So if it’s not the refs screwing us it’s the linesmen, lol. So it’s been frustrating, that we don’t have a few more wins over .500

It’s not just about the kids doing well anymore, imo. Gotta get wins with those results as well. We need to stay competitive. This is where we can try and separate ourselves from the bottom feeders and no longer be in the “lottery team” discussions. I’m tired of it.
Preach on.

We are a team that cannot squander good goalie performaces. And vs pit, gibby did well overall. Linesmen/refs aside we generally dont seem like the outscore our mistakes kinda team(see our 7-4 win vs philly as one counter example that i do not see being repeated). When our goalies hold the opponents under 3 we need to get pts out of it

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Hey guys . I'll be at the game. Question I have. Have they changed the parking layout at Honda? Can I still exit katella off the 57?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I supposed it's all on perspective. If you think we should be a playoff team, then yes, we should be very upset.

I don't think we're an expected playoff team yet. We're in a development season that is also conflated with two prominent players missing training camp due to contract negotiations as well as missing our 3C in Lundy. I'm just searching for improvement, but we've moved ahead greatly with our rookies showing up.

DucksGoals
SeasonGamesGFGF/GameRankGAGA/GameRank
2022-23
82​
206​
2.51​
31st
355​
4.33​
32nd
2023-24
13​
40​
3.08​
21st-Tied
40​
3.08​
10th-Tied

We have vastly improved in Goals For and Goals Against from last year. We are not bottom dwellers anymore, albeit a small sample.

DucksShots
SeasonGamesSFSF/GameRankSASA/GameRank
2022-23
82​
2326​
28.37​
28th
3207​
39.11​
32nd
2022-24
13​
373​
28.69​
28th
428​
32.92​
18th

Onto shots stats. The team far more accurate in shooting for goals this season. Anaheim has notched four games where a player has scored a hat trick: Vatrano x2, Terry, and Carlsson. Of course, having two short-handed goals will help our shots look more accurate, especially with a smaller volume of shot attempts.

We have improved our shots against in 13 games, but that's a small sample. In our last five games, the Ducks have allowed 35 shots or more four times. For those four situations, we have won two games on comebacks and lost two games.

We're still a work in progress, especially with forwards rotating properly on offense to prevent odd-man situations as well as assignments on the defensive end with our forwards, who get lost and makes it easier on opposing teams to score goals in the confusion.

DucksSpecialTeams
SeasonGamesPP EffRankPK EffRank
2022-23
82​
15.72​
31st
72.14​
32nd
2022-24
13​
20.45​
16th
80.33​
14th

Our PK has been tits since game 4! Asst coach Thompson + special asst. Stothers + new defenders (Gudas, LaCombe, and Lyubushkin) + PK forwards all get kudos.

The PP unit is evolving, getting hot since game 8. I still don't trust Brown. Carlsson and Mac need to be on the half-wall. Both were placed in the bumper position, with Carlsson recently moved to the half-wall. When Carlsson is moved to the half-wall, he scored 2 PP goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad