GDT: Game 13: Wild @ Rangers - 6 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Wasn't expecting Fleury again, but he has been ok lately. This feels like a bit of a trap game, NYR going to be motivated after our last one with them. Hope the Wild D can hold up for one more game before Spurgeon’s return. Let the offense roll, Rangers still down some key players and their Goalie, play smart and we should get plenty of opportunities to take advantage.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Line changes again? Coach didn't want to say much, said it's a secret. He did mention the 1st PP unit though, still five forwards + a Zucc-Boldy swap.

Apparently both Igor and Quick are injured. Facing their backup's backup tonight.
Yeah they actually called up two goalies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So Boldy is still on the power play or did they drop Rossi for Boldy?

Reporter: Will the PP, the 1st unit, stick with 5 forwards for now?
Dean: Yeah, yep
Reporter: But you flipped, you had Zuccarello on for the Kaprizov goal, will he start there?
Dean: Yep, yeah
Reporter: So how you finished is how you'll start
Dean: Um... no, no it'll be a little different but Zuccy will...
Reporter: Will it be for Johansson?
Dean: Nope
Reporter: Should we just keep guessing?
Dean: Nope :)

He went on to say Faber won't play PP tonight but there is some thought there, but when Spurgeon comes back that spot will be for him, but in the future there may be a spot on the PP for Faber

So per usual, we get the half-truth from Webster with the trolling mixed in there at the end. Zuccarello will be on the top PP, but the rest is a secret, there's no confirmation that it's for Boldy. My personal guess is probably dropping Rossi because I think they like Ek too much net front, though you really don't necessarily need that guy there the way Ek is, could be fun to try a PP with 5 skill guys who can all move and pass well.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Reporter: Will the PP, the 1st unit, stick with 5 forwards for now?
Dean: Yeah, yep
Reporter: But you flipped, you had Zuccarello on for the Kaprizov goal, will he start there?
Dean: Yep, yeah
Reporter: So how you finished is how you'll start
Dean: Um... no, no it'll be a little different but Zuccy will...
Reporter: Will it be for Johansson?
Dean: Nope
Reporter: Should we just keep guessing?
Dean: Nope :)

He went on to say Faber won't play PP tonight but there is some thought there, but when Spurgeon comes back that spot will be for him, but in the future there may be a spot on the PP for Faber

So per usual, we get the half-truth from Webster with the trolling mixed in there at the end. Zuccarello will be on the top PP, but the rest is a secret, there's no confirmation that it's for Boldy. My personal guess is probably dropping Rossi because I think they like Ek too much net front, though you really don't necessarily need that guy there the way Ek is, could be fun to try a PP with 5 skill guys who can all move and pass well.
Interesting. So if I connect the dots, Boldy (likely) in the bumper spot? I don’t hate that.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Interesting. So if I connect the dots, Boldy (likely) in the bumper spot? I don’t hate that.
The only thing I noticed is that Zucc replaced Boldy on the 1st PP unit against NYI. Weird if Dean removes another guy this time, but who knows.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Just to put some positive vibes out there - despite our terrible start, none of those losses came from Division rivals and only one came from a Western conference team.

If we were going to suck, that was the best possible timing to do so and get our s*** figured out.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy and Rossi are gonna be better friends than Kaprizov and Zuccarello I bet

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Linesman had ages to get out of the way of our d-man trying to break out.

Causes turnover and now a goal against.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
That icing call which Duhaime clearly beat out was one of the few times I will say that ref was incompetent. Wasn't even tracking the players when he made the call, just the puck.

Reactions: Sweetnut

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Someone taught Lapanta how to say Lafreniere before this game

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events