GDT: Game 13 - Nashville Predators @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, November 9th, 2023 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Today, we will look at the life of one of our more poetic posters: @kanadalainen

Kanadalainen-GDT1.jpg

Kanadalainen was born in the Finnish-quarter of Thunder Bay to Patrik and Aino Lainen, who had recently immigrated to Canada. They were so proud of their new country, that they named their first born child after it...

images

They saw big things for “Kanada” when he grew up, but they didn't mean that literally. By 13, he was already six feet tall...

0f8ee7ef528a99ed9546051f4331fee5.jpg

Because of his height, Kanadalainen had trouble walking and was made fun of by everyone in Thunder Bay. This upset his parents so much that they sent their only son to England where he could get some help. Instead, he ended up getting a job as a Junior Minister in the Ministry of Silly Walks...

Kanadalainen was a natural at the Ministry, and quickly rose in the ranks and was later promoted to the Ministry of Fish Dancing. This is where his fascination for Coelacanths began. But unfortunately, his time with the Ministry ended quite abruptly after an unfortunate incident with a superior...

After that, Kanadalainen went from job to job, starting as an Argument Counsellor...

Then a Restaurant Chef...

Then a Hotel Proprietor...

giphy.gif

And for something completely different, just like @Eyeseeing, he became a model...

And finally, a Self Defence Instructor...

Wanted by Scotland Yard and out of money, Kanadalainen returned home to Canada and ended up in Stratford, Ontario where he found his calling...

Kanadalainen-Taming.jpg

And the rest they say is history...

The Winnipeg Jets take on the Nashville Predators tonight at 7:00pm at Canada Life Centre. The Jets are coming off of an impressive 5-2 win over the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday night and are now 6-4-2 on the season. The Predators, who also played Tuesday, lost to the Calgary Flames 4-2 and are now 5-7-0 this year. Can Winnipeg continue their winning ways, or do the Kitties put some Mustard in that plan? Will Alex Iafallo follow up on his four assist performance with another multi-point game? Will Bones be back behind the bench, or will Arniel continue to lead the team? Is @GeorgeJETson finished with his monkey business? These questions and more will be forgotten by the end of the day...

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Well now, ye obstreporous gaggle of loonie chewing bandicoots - this is somewhat overwhelming. :) Thank you @macmaroon and the usual suspects. These actions will not go unnoticed, nor will they be tolerated.

giphy.gif

As a dedicated and inverterate intravert with a bent for the quiet life this takes me beyond the pale, pushes the envelope.

Really, I should give you all a sound thrashing. :)

mad-broke.gif

But rather I will thank you. @macmaroon - your backstory is soaking with conviction, not too far off from various truths - with the birthplace (a wee hamlet in southern MB), and the smorgasborg lineage (danish, swedish, swiss, irish, scots).

99XQ.gif

Go Jets Go

Kittens is it?

Self-enamoured and yet, quaking, quivering, quailing, turtling at the thought of the Mighty Coelacanth.

Flail the egregious purina-sucking hypertensive hyperbole-spewing hunchbacked obstreporous kittens to within inches of their very lives!! (and win the game in the meantime)

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
CGbOmxwWQAEoGyQ.jpg

Sweet Arnie, crunch thy numbers; be it not said
Thy GusBus and Apples shunted for playing well tight,
Aye the fourth line brings hell – pucks sent to bed,
Today sharpen'd to even better might:
So to proper second lines, let fly; yo, lets fill
Thine Preds net till Jussi bursts into tears,
And Josi and Oh Really* weep again, and aye lets kill
The playful kitten spirit with goals and beers.
Let thine mighty Perfecto flow like a maddened sea
Which parts the shore, where Shuffles blasts anew
Come befuddle Fabbro and McDonagh, with greased thick KFC
Helly engage thy glove, stop flown pucks in thy cue;
Call these chaps winners, which being full of care
Makes points gathered welcome thrice more wish'd, more rare.

*sorry, I couldn't help myself

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Going to my first game since March of 2020.
My ticket group blew up that season and we gave up our seats that we'd had since 2011.
Who knew having a kid would have that kind of effect on being a Jets fan.

Needless to say Please Win Jets.
I said please last time and it worked... so here's hoping.
What ever we have to do to win is fair game!
giphy.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Didn't see it posted on the GDT, so just went to look up the starter for tonight in LB is getting his 3rd start of the season.

Reactions: macmaroon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad