GDT: Game 13: Ducks vs. Wings 2/15/13 4:30 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hmm he's looked slow past few games IMO. Not doubting you guys but tonight is not first night he's looked sluggish IMO. Regardless though, he's gotta play more hungry. Seems that since his two goal game he's waiting for perfect one timer all the time.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Not sure if I was watching a different game then the rest of you, but I thought Holland did very well. He made some nice passes to create space for Teemu and Bobby and also won his fair share of battles along the boards. He was good tonight IMO. I hope they give him a good 5 game chance at least.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
It's pretty common for rookies to immediately look to pass the puck the moment they get it. It's one of the biggest issues with putting rookies into a lineup. Every forward down in Norfolk has been playing that way this year, which is probably why Maroon stood out like he did, he wasn't afraid to carry the puck. It's one of the reasons why I won't defend Yawney's offense. It's always dump and chase or fire drill time.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Not sure if I was watching a different game then the rest of you, but I thought Holland did very well. He made some nice passes to create space for Teemu and Bobby and also won his fair share of battles along the boards. He was good tonight IMO. I hope they give him a good 5 game chance at least.
His line looked very good, and I felt he at least did a great job of keeping that line in the offensive zone. There are some problems there, but nothing that should have us pulling the plug on that experiment just yet.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
His line looked very good, and I felt he at least did a great job of keeping that line in the offensive zone. There are some problems there, but nothing that should have us pulling the plug on that experiment just yet.

definitely. i wasn't suggesting that. i was just saying how i felt about holland.

ryan really played a fantastic game tonight. with and without the puck.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I thought Holland looked okay. Didn't seem up to NHL speed yet, and he looked like a rookie in one of his first games, but there is obvious potential there too. I'd definitely like to see him get a couple more games to see how he does. Give him a chance to prove he belongs, or show that he isn't ready yet.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Anyone but me think Sbisa has surpassed as the most boneheaded defenseman? Those proposals for o Reilly for Sbisa + starting to look more tempting

Oct 18, 2011
Man Babcock is a great coach. Their team is very subpar on paper for this game, and aside from the 3rd, they looked good. Detroit's team transition game is very impressive.

I fell asleep about 30 mins b4 puck drop and missed entire 1st. But we looked good in second but sloppy. We were dominate in 3rd. Love Perry's celebration.

Man I feel like a jackass for parading for Maroon. Dude played like total **** tonight.

Wasn't really impressed with Holland. Still looks really raw. Ryan needs to be at center IMO. Wouldn't mind seeing that line again though. Holland shows potential, but I just like Ryan at center more.

For all the **** Beleskey gets, he was solid tonight. Still want an upgrade there though.

I never realized how slow Palmieri is. I'm telling you unless he gets a mean streak and starts going to dirty areas, he's gonna stay irrelevant. It takes more than a shot kid.

Winnik seemed off tonight. Not bad, but not the omega he's been.

When Detroit pulled their goalie I was hoping Cogs would be the one to score if we got one. Guy has totally proved me wrong this year.
Man i thought the ducks won

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Anyone but me think Sbisa has surpassed as the most boneheaded defenseman? Those proposals for o Reilly for Sbisa + starting to look more tempting

I don't like Sbisa's decision making at all. More than that, it seems worse than it was the previous seasons. I'm trying to figure that one out.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

He was absolute **** tonight. I'm beginning to think he's never going to develop into the guy we think he should be. I'm on the trade-Sbisa bandwagon when Fowler returns

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Remember last season, when some were suggesting he'd surpass Fowler on the depth chart? Or that they expected him to be our best defenseman in the next season(being this one)?

Players can sure look a lot different when they are put in some tougher situations.

Edit: I still think Sbisa is a lot better than he is showing, but he's been a mess this season, with only a couple of good games.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Remember last season, when some were suggesting he'd surpass Fowler on the depth chart? Or that they expected him to be our best defenseman in the next season(being this one)?

Players can sure look a lot different when they are put in some tougher situations.

Edit: I still think Sbisa is a lot better than he is showing, but he's been a mess this season, with only a couple of good games.

It's amazing the difference in brains between Fowler and Sbisa. Sbisa could be a top pairing defenseman if he was smarter. I don't see anything drastically changing. If he's sheltered like last year, sure, he'll be a "top 4 defenseman". This year, he's had to play against harder forwards because of Fowler's injury and he's shown that when challenged like that, he isn't as good. We should try to move him to the Flyers (Desperately need help on the backend) when Fowler and Lindholm are both healthy. Lovejoy has outplayed Sbisa since he's gotten here, and in the last 4-5 games, Allen is starting to look like the defenseman that Murray thought he aquired.

Ted Brautigan

Dec 16, 2011

Sbisa is the weakest link, no question about that. Before trade deadline, we should make some moves to strenght our defensive. Fourth line looks to be somekind of problem also. Murray needs to be awake now, then the sky is the limit with that team.

Perry still looked bad. Hope he gets his confidence back soon, that goal was important to him. Well, can't complain more, looking good!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Lockout rust? It's not just the older players.

That's what I'm hoping. I was never as high on Sbisa as some, but that was in regards to his upside. He's a better player than this. I thought he was making good progress to become a consistent top 4 guy, but the way he's been playing this season(save like two games) I think I would rather have Brookbank or DiPenta. I expect him to turn things around, but the sooner the better...

Corey Perry*

It would be foolish to trade Sbisa this season, unless we really got something we just couldn't say no to. You just don't trade guys with that kind of upside just because they've had a bad start to one season (that had a large work stoppage), at age 23.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
That's what I'm hoping. I was never as high on Sbisa as some, but that was in regards to his upside. He's a better player than this. I thought he was making good progress to become a consistent top 4 guy, but the way he's been playing this season(save like two games) I think I would rather have Brookbank or DiPenta. I expect him to turn things around, but the sooner the better...
While I've never been in the camp that felt he was untouchable, I think we need to remember that he's still a young player that's still developing. I just don't agree with the 'what have you done for me lately' approach that permeates HF.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Everyone railing on Sbisa, but hey...the Ducks won in Detroit finally!

I am so proud of the way this team is playing. Balanced attack, along with a workman like attitude.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Always has to be a whipping boy :laugh:

Seeing Detroit fans having a sulk and being bitter? Feels good man.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
My intentions aren't to make Sbisa the whipping boy. Just pointing out that him and Lydman have clearly been the weak links back there the last couple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad