PGT: Game 13: Canada 5 - Czech Republic 1

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
He’s playing pro....he likely couldn’t care less about this tourney....especially being on a team that is at best a longshot to medal.
I cant see that, as he could have just declined and stayed with the team he was playing for if he didnt care about being here.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
so while Dobson looked like complete horseshit in the pre-games, Hes been great in the real games and Bouchard has really laid multiple eggs out there. As a result, im very concerned for the later stages. No dman has shown he can be relied upon game after game. The best Dman overall have been Dobson, Brook and Mitchell. Hopefully, one of them 3 can step up and dominate.

And shoutout to: Zadina. Literally. He has also looked awful. Wake up dude.

Edit: Smith, not Mitchell. My bad. But Mitchell has looked good as well.

Reactions: DangerDave

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
I cant see that, as he could have just declined and stayed with the team he was playing for if he didnt care about being here.
I don’t know how Czech Hockey is...but if it’s anything like Hockey Canada.....you don’t say no, ever, due to political reasons and long term ramifications for future teams such as the olympics etc

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
so while Dobson looked like complete horse**** in the pre-games, Hes been great in the real games and Bouchard has really laid multiple eggs out there. As a result, im very concerned for the later stages. No dman has shown he can be relied upon game after game. The best Dman overall have been Dobson, Brook and Mitchell. Hopefully, one of them 3 can step up and dominate.

Zadina has also looked awful.
Are you insane?? Smith has been by far the best defensmen tonight. Defensively, on the breakout, in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Are you insane?? Smith has been by far the best defensmen tonight. Defensively, on the breakout, in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone.
man i just said hes been among the best for TC for the entire tourny thus far.
Edit: i meant him over Mitchell. lol my bad

Reactions: My3Sons

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He’s playing pro....he likely couldn’t care less about this tourney....especially being on a team that is at best a longshot to medal.

You must not know a lot about the teams in this tournament if you think they’re a long shot to medal. Usually they are but not this year, this year they have a legitimate chance.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Lol not even close. A punch to the face is not the same as a jumping elbow into the face.
"Then again you guys give the C to a guy that deserves an oscar for the dives he gives when up 14-0 against Denmark."

Your comment doesn't mean much and nobody should see it how you do if they aren't biased, which you clearly are. Czechs have at least 2-3 dirty hits this game, while you can name 1 for Canada.
That is a bit biased. There have been embellishments on both sides.
Not talking about embellishments. I'm talking about hits, the game is over, Canadians just have to be careful of frustrated, angry Czech players.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don’t know how Czech Hockey is...but if it’s anything like Hockey Canada.....you don’t say no, ever, due to political reasons and long term ramifications for future teams such as the olympics etc
Could be but the Czechs are longer in any position to hold grudges on their best players, they dont have the depth for that anymore.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good defensive play in the corner by Bouchard or did I see something different?
Nothing special there, the Czech player was in alone. I did see him let the Czech player skate all the way into the zone, wait for support for a pass, and have the second player get a free crack on net before that though.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
You must not know a lot about the teams in this tournament if you think they’re a long shot to medal. Usually they are but not this year, this year they have a legitimate chance.
Not from what I’ve seen.

The Americans, Russia, Finland, Sweden, and us....all legit medal contenders.

The Czechs are a tier below those teams

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Czech's top players have been really disappointing in all their games so far, I was expecting a lot more from Necas, Zadina, and Kaut. Especially considering they all play against men.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I never liked zadinas game and was scared montreal would draft him.

Definitely not scared he will fill montreals net so they regret not picking him like he said he would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad