GDT: Game 12: Sharks vs. Flyers 7:30pm NBCSCA

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Haha you just know we're going to beat the Oilers and then people here are gonna complain that we're ruining our draft positioning.
Nah way to early for that, now if they start winning every 2 or 3 games then it’s a problem lol, not that it matters the sharks aren’t getting the first overall the franchise is cursed on that one

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Beating the Oilers in regulation would have us tied with them in points for last place

It WOULD ruin our draft position, that is a must-lose game
Thankfull we've been so bad we would win (or is it lose) every tie breaker. As long as we don't actually pass them in points.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
They were pretty bad together near the end of last season so I understand why Quinn was hesitant to reunite them.
I always thought Eklund would work better with Couture than Hertl.

Couture works more on the rush than Hertl who does a lot of his work on the cycle down low. Eklund can play both games but when Eklund cycles he likes to be the one with the puck down low which is also where Hertl wants to be so the do a lot of work below the goal line together to get zone time without actually creating chances.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
1699458662552.png

Unless Grier spent his retirement learning how to rid himself of his stone hands he's not saving anything. Even if he can prevent 6 goals a game by himself it won't matter when he can't score any better than anyone else on the roster.
1699458800535.png

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I always thought Eklund would work better with Couture than Hertl.

Couture works more on the rush than Hertl who does a lot of his work on the cycle down low. Eklund can play both games but when Eklund cycles he likes to be the one with the puck down low which is also where Hertl wants to be so the do a lot of work below the goal line together to get zone time without actually creating chances.
I agree. Eklund needs a linemate who understands spacing and how to find soft spots in coverage and Couture is probably our best player at doing that now that Timo is gone.

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
Can't wait for Edmonton to win another lottery after they changed the rules because Edmonton kept winning the lottery, gonna be so sick

After every game, I go to tankathon to click on Sim Lottery once and I think I've seen the Sharks be #1 just once so far. It's almost always Pittsburgh or Chicago for me.

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
They were pretty bad together near the end of last season so I understand why Quinn was hesitant to reunite them.
Yeah. I suppose. Still, up until last game they keep straddling him with Kunin so it couldn't be any worse. Sample size is 1 game but hoping for more positive results from that line

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I agree. Eklund needs a linemate who understands spacing and how to find soft spots in coverage and Couture is probably our best player at doing that now that Timo is gone.
I haven’t watched enough of Smith but his high end skill and hockey IQ could be a good fit with Eklund. The two of them paired with a wing with a good shot that can find those soft spots could be a great scoring 2nd line.

Eklund - Smith - Halttunen/Gushchin/Lund

Gushchin might make that line too small but he has an elite shot.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I haven’t watched enough of Smith but his high end skill and hockey IQ could be a good fit with Eklund. The two of them paired with a wing with a good shot that can find those soft spots could be a great scoring 2nd line.

Eklund - Smith - Halttunen/Gushchin/Lund

Gushchin might make that line too small but he has an elite shot.

I'm holding out hope for a stacked Eklund-Celebrini-Smith super line.

• Love
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Yeah. I suppose. Still, up until last game they keep straddling him with Kunin so it couldn't be any worse. Sample size is 1 game but hoping for more positive results from that line

wordz.gif

Maybe I missed an inside joke like "ploffs," or "dobt," or using dominate when you should use dominant...
1699466013798.png

Saddled with Kunin? Which isn't really much better, but I think that's the word instead of straddling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad