PGT: Game 12: Finland 5 - Slovakia 1

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
so annoyed with tsn… ever since expanded to 5 channels. they got even the last 2 Canadian games on tsn channels I don't got.. and be damned if I upgrading to the $100 tv package just to get all 5 tsn channels instead of the 2 I got now.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It's certainly far from impossible, Canada is not a well oiled machine as of right now, a lot of things to be worked out or we won't sniff gold this year.
Don't be so skeptic.
Canada has all talent, home crowd support etc advantages to win this tournament undefeated.
What ever problems Canada will have they'll figure them out and fix them.

Canada is still gold medal favorite number 1

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Don't be so skeptic.
Canada has all talent, home crowd support etc advantages to win this tournament undefeated.
What ever problems Canada will have they'll figure them out and fix them.

Canada is still gold medal favorite number 1
I'm not entirely pessimistic, what you say is most likely true but they sure need to clean some things up or they won't be getting any gold medal, there are good teams here, you guys being one of them.We keep up some of the soft shit on defense I have seen so far you guys will wipe the floor with us.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Finland wins but it's a harder thing to predict in what fashion. Either a tight game like Slovakia vs USA or Finland finally gets their sh1t together.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak coach said that this finnish team is extremely strong in offense and that it's gonna be a big test for our deffense so we can expect Slovakia not to have more than 15 shots on goal

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak coach said that this finnish team is extremely strong in offense and that it's gonna be a big test for our deffense so we can expect Slovakia not to have more than 15 shots on goal
I expect a lot of minutes for elite defensive forwards such as Regenda and Kollar. Also expect future franchise cornerpiece Golian to get lots of minutes...

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
With the exact same lines Finns have played this far we'll have a game for sure. If the coach gets his head out of the arse and makes the needed changes then the young lions should have this under wraps. We'll see soon enough I suppose!

Reactions: Mestaruus

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I'm not entirely pessimistic, what you say is most likely true but they sure need to clean some things up or they won't be getting any gold medal, there are good teams here, you guys being one of them.We keep up some of the soft **** on defense I have seen so far you guys will wipe the floor with us.

As cool it obviously would be see Finland winning U20 WJC gold Vancouver it won't happen.
Hopefully these numbers tells something to you
Tolvanen 2 games 0+0 Kupari 2 games 0+1 Heponiemi 2 games 1+0.
Those aren't championship winning numbers.

Fact is that Finland has same scoring problems than last year.
And if / when coach Ahokas can't figure out those scoring problems our tournament is over after U20 WJC quarterfinal again.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
As cool it obviously would be see Finland winning U20 WJC gold Vancouver it won't happen.
Hopefully these number tells something to you
Tolvanen 2 games 0+0 Kupari 2 games 0+1 Heponiemi 2 games 1+0.
Those aren't championship winning numbers.

Fact is that Finland has same scoring problems than last year.
And if / when coach Ahokas can't figure out those scoring problems our tournament is over after U20 WJC quarterfinal again.
Maybe, we'll see.

I still think it is a team that has enough talent to pleasantly surprise you.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Maybe, we'll see.

I still think it is a team that has enough talent to pleasantly surprise you.

Yeah we have some really talented 17 yrs old youngsters in the team this year.
But Lundell and Kakko are double underage and their time to be scoring leaders is next year.

Of course that duo can carry us at least semifinal if / when all goes well.
There's lots of U20 hockey left so let's see what happen.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah we have some really talented 17 yrs old youngsters in the team this year.
But Lundell and Kakko are double underage and their time to be scoring leaders is next year.

Of course that duo can carry us at least semifinal if / when all goes well.
There's lots of U20 hockey left so let's see what happen.
It looks like a year where there really isn't any great teams that stand above the rest, it's anyones ballgame IMO.

Reactions: SabresSharks

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It looks like a year where there really isn't any great teams that stand above the rest, it's anyones ballgame IMO.

Yeah even we ( Finland) are missing at least 6 players who were eligible to play this tourney.
Heiskanen ( NHL duties) , Kotkaniemi ( NHL duties) , Vesalainen, ( Declined) Nordgren ( injured), Pajuniemi ( didn't get even camp invite) and Thomson ( Got cut when Jokiharju joined in the team) are all players who might have been in the our team this year.

But it's same story to each team as much it sucks.

Reactions: jj cale

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Sorry to ask, but are there any possible 2019 picks here?

Also, I am kind of unhappy with the color-scheme.. even if I can tell the difference, the Finns have more white and so on, but it is kind of so much the same for me...

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Sorry to ask, but are there any possible 2019 picks here?

Also, I am kind of unhappy with the color-scheme.. even if I can tell the difference, the Finns have more white and so on, but it is kind of so much the same for me...
The #1 pick of the draft is in there.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad