GDT: Game 12: Ducks (8-2-1) @ 'Hawks (10-0-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleak

Jul 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, CA

Cheers! :)

My thoughts:

- That is way to iffy to call a good goal ESPECIALLY if the refs didn't call a goal.

- Hossa pushed Sbisa's leg into the net. It shouldn't even be Saad's goal but Hossa's.

- It was BORDERLINE when the puck crossed the line as to when the net came off the pegs.

Arghhh, could go either way. I would say if 'no goal' because the ref didn't indicate one :)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
from what i remember, he didn't call anything. he left it up to toronto

No he called no goal. Or he waived his arms in that motion cause Hossa went up to him immediately to argue. That's why I thought it was bs cause I didn't see anything conclusive to overturn the call. He did call no goal for sure though.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Agreed with everything you said, except i dont mind Lovejoy on the powerplay on the second unit. It's not like anything else has really worked anyways. And when Fowler comes back Id like to see

Beauch-Souray
Fowler-Lydman
Allen-Sbisa

I thought I saw him getting some 1st until time? Maybe I was wrong.

I want Allen on bottom pairing too but it's hard to decide who to put with Fowler. I wouldn't mind seeing Sbisa-Fowler tried. Sbisa played his best game with Vatanen IMO. Maybe having someone more mobile playing with him gives him more confidence?

Beauch-Souray
Sbisa- Fowler
Allen- Lydman
Lovejoy

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
No he called no goal. Or he waived his arms in that motion cause Hossa went up to him immediately to argue. That's why I thought it was bs cause I didn't see anything conclusive to overturn the call. He did call no goal for sure though.

hmm. just watched the replay. he does make the no goal call signal. my bad :)

but then i saw the replay and yes it is conclusively a goal, the yellow part of the moorings are still connected to the ice when the puck is fully across the line

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
hmm. just watched the replay. he does make the no goal call signal. my bad :)

but then i saw the replay and yes it is conclusively a goal, the yellow part of the moorings are still connected to the ice when the puck is fully across the line

Did it show the puck conclusively over the line? I never doubted the net off the moorings thing, but I don't remember ever seeing puck completely over. Granted my ass it too cheap to pay for the HD dish, so yeah...

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Did it show the puck conclusively over the line? I never doubted the net off the moorings thing, but I don't remember ever seeing puck completely over. Granted my ass it too cheap to pay for the HD dish, so yeah...

i just looked at nhl.com and saw the goal again. on the very last replay. they put it in slow-mo and fairly blown up. its fully over the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad