GDT: Game 11: Coyotes @ Devils - 4PM - FSAZ+

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well I’ll come out and say it, nothing confirmed and nothing concrete and I won’t get into detail but there is a new suiter as a buyer in the works.

Big pockets, bigger than a lot of owners, a newer native to the valley that intends on building and keep this team in the valley.

Any one of these names?

Bruce Halle
Mark Shoen
John Kapoor
Bennett Dorrance
Herbert Louis
Bob Parsons
Arturo Moreno
Peter Sperling
Joe Shoen

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I thought Domi had a much worse game, especially after he took the penalty that cost the team. Very bad decisions and body language. Killed top line possessions. But that's just me.

I don't think Domi had a worse game than Duclair, but he's been trying too hard and is playing out of control. If anything it's the diametrical opposite of Duclair's problem. If Domi can dial it back a bit and stop pressing, and if Duclair would dial it up more and work harder, then they would both get much better results.

Reactions: Muppet

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Any one of these names?

Bruce Halle
Mark Shoen
John Kapoor
Bennett Dorrance
Herbert Louis
Bob Parsons
Arturo Moreno
Peter Sperling
Joe Shoen

Can’t comment my man, I honestly don’t know a whole lot about it, either. Just that there’s a potential suitor on the horizon.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Well I’ll come out and say it, nothing confirmed and nothing concrete and I won’t get into detail but there is a new suiter as a buyer in the works.

Big pockets, bigger than a lot of owners, a newer native to the valley that intends on building and keep this team in the valley.
Damn we gots the crazy turmoils!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Can’t comment my man, I honestly don’t know a whole lot about it, either. Just that there’s a potential suitor on the horizon.

You already did ;)

Kapoor and Parsons are the only two that really qualify, based on what you said. Kapoor is in legal trouble soo......

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Saying things like, "he's only effective in the top six" or "with Domi" to justify putting him on the fourth line just means you acknowledge that you're willing to stop effectively using a player in favour of making him useless through usage to prove a point. Makes no sense.
He's effective in the top six and with Domi. Domi doesn't click as well with Keller. This is an easy decision. We're making it hard just to brow beat a young player who isn't built for a 4th line game and has some head issues. Why not just use him effectively instead? He looked great to start the season. Even a few games demoted. If he doesn't think he's able to "earn" his way out of the doghouse, we failed him as badly as he fails us if he gives up.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
You already did ;)

Kapoor and Parsons are the only two that really qualify, based on what you said. Kapoor is in legal trouble soo......

Ha, I feel comfortable with the little I gave. Other than that your guess is as good as mine.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think Domi had a worse game than Duclair, but he's been trying too hard and is playing out of control. If anything it's the diametrical opposite of Duclair's problem. If Domi can dial it back a bit and stop pressing, and if Duclair would dial it up more and work harder, then they would both get much better results.
I agree with this, too. I just think we're stubbornly resisting a solution. We all know they both play well together. Why aren't we doing it instead of trying to prove Duke isn't a good fourth liner? We already know that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
By the way, anyone interested in numbers might enjoy examining the Coyotes dysmorphic zone starts. It goes a long way towards explaining why there's no real push outside of the top line, and maybe by extension why they aren't winning/finishing games.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Kypreos on HNIC: People questioning Barroways sustainability. He’s suffered “what has been described to me as massive losses”. “People questioning if he can even finish the season as the sole owner.” “NHL still committed to Barroway... but it doesn’t look good”

Well at least they aren’t waiting until the end of the season to start the rumors.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Buy as in majority or as a minority? In your opinion of course.

I’d imagine sole ownership, doesn’t need a partner.

Again this is certainly not something that is 100% certain, but definitely something going on.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Just going to say a few things I noticed.

I'm glad they took Domi off of Keller's line. Although Reider doesn't have the hockey sense to set Keller up, Keller doesn't need it and at least Reider will always defer to Keller. I noticed (and maybe it was just in my head, but I don't think so) Domi started to look to shoot a bit too often. Keller would be open with a better angle and Domi wouldn't get it to him. This has been more prominent the last few games.

We need Perlini and Keller on seperate PPs and the puck should be focused on them. I don't know why this hasn't been done. Everyone else can move around, but these guys need to be the shooters. They are by far our best shooters, run the PP around them.

Dvo has looked much better the last two games. I think our team had a really good effort. We've played well enough to win probably four games thus far; I've never seen such bad luck. Or bad 'tending.

Stepan is awesome. Love the guy. Our defense was better, but still made passes a veteran team shouldn't make.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tocchet needs to figure out more balanced lines and deploy them accordingly. Fast.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I would leave Domingue in New Jersey. He can catch a bus in the morning to meet up with Tucson wherever they are. He can email an expense sheet for the fare if he wants reimbursed but he needs to find his own way back to Tucson.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dvorak woke up offensively. That's huge.

Assuming Domingue is waived and assigned without even a phone call and assuming OEL makes a fairly quick recovery, we might be able to start winning some games here pretty soon.

The only D that made REALLY bad choices tonight were Schenn and KConn which is a good sign. They'll be replaced soon enough.

Reactions: Yandover and kbay

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We played better and should have won. The NHL game still boils down to goal tending, defense, and mistakes. Our goal tending was bad again and we made some key mistakes, both cost us the game. Until the goal tending gets better and the mistakes are fewer, we won't win many games. We have enough talent that the PP will get better and we will score some goals. Raanta coming back might, since he has never been a starter, solve our goal tending problem, not sure how to solve the mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad