GDT: Game 11 | Columbus @ Washington | 7 PM EST

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Was Ovie out there at the end because he is one of their top 3 defensive forwards or because we had an empty net and they were hoping he’d get an easy goal?

Reactions: Cowumbus

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If he could skate he'd be better in more area's than net front. Hes fine but can improve and the team will benefit from it

Well yeah, he’s played how many NHL games and lived on the continent for how long?

I still have him on the roster and AT CENTER over MULTIPLE people, which is the main point.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I would be more understanding and okay with benching Gaudreau if Kuraly was benched too.

You cant say it’s all merit based when Kuraly was turnover machine and unable to make a positive play yet kept getting thrown over the boards

I know that would be essentially benching an entire line but Pascal has had no issue doing that before so I don’t see the big deal.

Seems like sending a message just to send a message. Not sure if Gaudreau would have made a difference or not but I think the coach put the team in a bad situation by taking him off the ice.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This will be the last game we see Bean play for us in a while.
Im pretty sure the only “legit” call was the trip where his stick got under the guys skate.

The earlier interference call was BS. It was late but he barely touched the guy.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
I would be more understanding and okay with benching Gaudreau if Kuraly was benched too.

You cant say it’s all merit based when Kuraly was turnover machine and unable to make a positive play yet kept getting thrown over the boards

I know that would be essentially benching an entire line but Pascal has had no issue doing that before so I don’t see the big deal.

Seems like sending a message just to send a message. Not sure if Gaudreau would have made a difference or not but I think the coach put the team in a bad situation by taking him off the ice.
Kuraly may be the next one on the bus to Leaveland, when Laine gets back.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

I think its because hes an offensive mind. Also in human nature we are hardest on those we expect the most from. Vincent seems no different in how hes handled Gaudreau/Johnson over Kuraly/Sillinger (Although Sillinger isnt noticably a non NHLer this year)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Welp this is what I was talking about after last game, this team is going to struggle to find some consistency. It's just part of being a young team, at least they didn't give up and had a ton of opportunities to put one in and tie it. Those will go in eventually.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think its because hes an offensive mind. Also in human nature we are hardest on those we expect the most from. Vincent seems no different in how hes handled Gaudreau/Johnson over Kuraly/Sillinger (Although Sillinger isnt noticably a non NHLer this year)
Fine, I get that. But Kuraly was actively sinking his line and making things worse. The same reasons KJ got benched and Marchenko out of the lineup.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Fine, I get that. But Kuraly was actively sinking his line and making things worse. The same reasons KJ got benched and Marchenko out of the lineup.
Which is why I pointed out the offensive mind. I feel he and other coaches judge players differently. But to be fair to Vincent tonight having a near 10mil guy having a night like tonight is a good moment to send a message to the team. Benching Kuraly sends a message to a player, benching Johnny sends a message to a team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad