GDT: Game 10 | Tampa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Elvis with a great game.

Voronkov looking more comfortable ... and in slightly better game shape.

Johnny looked pretty relieved on the in-arena game feed after scoring that empty netter.. sure as hell hope it jump starts him. Definitely made me forget that opening breakaway ;)

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

wdkennedy27

Apr 10, 2023
Johnny really needs a solid finisher on his line. He is producing high quality chances, but no one is there to put the puck in the net. Obviously he has sold on a few good looks, but I do not think the lack of production is his fault.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
IMG_3825.jpeg

easy and over huh? noted.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
View attachment 762214

easy and over huh? noted.
He's honestly not wrong. The Ligntning looked terrible and I don't think we would have beat most teams playing like that tonight. Except of course the 3rd period.

Props to Elvis he was good but those two goals scored in the 3rd weren't anything spectacular. Somehow this team finds a way to beat the Ligntning.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He's honestly not wrong. The Ligntning looked terrible and I don't think we would have beat most teams playing like that tonight. Except of course the 3rd period.

Props to Elvis he was good but those two goals scored in the 3rd weren't anything spectacular. Somehow this team finds a way to beat the Ligntning.
It can say about us too. Play the team wasn't, diplomatic said, ideal. Fantilli's line, especially Johnson, was bad. Yes, Vasilevskiy didn't play but Laine didn't play in our roster. Adam and Jiříček must get experiences. And Tampa's goal? One from Bean's skate, the second, Bemmer helped.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
It can say about us too. Play the team wasn't, diplomatic said, ideal. Fantilli's line, especially Johnson, was bad. Yes, Vasilevskiy didn't play but Laine didn't play in our roster. Adam and Jiříček must get experiences. And Tampa's goal? One from Bean's skate, the second, Bemmer helped.
I'm not taking anything away from Columbus, but man I would love to see some more offensive aptitude. It's been since Panarin since I felt this team has had real offensive ability. It seems like the game has to be very ugly for this team to win because there are just very few play drivers in the lineup.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm not taking anything away from Columbus, but man I would love to see some more offensive aptitude. It's been since Panarin since I felt this team has had real offensive ability. It seems like the game has to be very ugly for this team to win because there are just very few play drivers in the lineup.
When Panarin player here the team was more experienced. The first and second lines are kindergarten, Fantilli is 19, Sillinger 20 and Johnson 21. Dubois was the center for Panarin, Jenner the center for Gaudreau. And let's face it, PLD's hockey IQ was and is higher than Boone's. On the right wing was Atkinson, on defense was the Werenski, Jones pairing that one player from former Czechoslovakia considered the best in the NHL. That if just the basics.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
When Panarin player here the team was more experienced. The first and second lines are kindergarten, Fantilli is 19, Sillinger 20 and Johnson 21. Dubois was the center for Panarin, Jenner the center for Gaudreau. And let's face it, PLD's hockey IQ was and is higher than Boone's. On the right wing was Atkinson, on defense was the Werenski, Jones pairing that one player from former Czechoslovakia considered the best in the NHL. That if just the basics.
Right so the question is, while are all the guys who ARE experienced still making basic mistakes?

I can excuse the kids, they are developing in spots they probably shouldn't be but the vets? They need to step up and drive the play. I guess that's tough when you basically have Johnny and Laine as your only two impact forwards.

This also reverts back to Jarmo's construction of this team.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Game #10... still no Werenski-less PP1, still no JG and Fantilli on the same line. Great they were able to pull through despite some ugly stretches in the game and all that self-handicapping with PP lineups. Seems they're the only remaining team in the league with a scoreless PP1.

Gaudreau-Fantilli-Marchenko or Gaudreau-Fantilli-Roslovic, please.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I am surprised by the Provorov rating. I thought he looked good at ES and PK.

But boy do they need to get him off PP2.
Scheifelle once said that these statistics are not accurate. Teams have statisticians who make them ma based on other criteria.

Werenski will play PP1 even if hoes were falling from the sky. He's a protected player in this. So we can forget about reassigning him. That's the end of it.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I love literal translations of idioms in other languages. I'm guessing that's the Slovak version of "when pigs fly."

At least in this case the pigs don't die. I imagine the hoes perish when they hit the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad