GDT: Game #10: Canadiens vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) -

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
How do we blow a 2 on 1 with an empty net.??
Never mind… saw the replay.
IMG_3592.jpeg

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Absolutely.

Barrett Hayton is a really good center for a guy who can’t pass or shoot. Everything else is great.

It’s moments like this that I’m very happy Cooley and Geekie and McBain are all having such good seasons.
Am I misremembering or was a big shot one of Hayton's calling cards when drafted? Just hasn't been able to turn it into a pro shot?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Love the work in the a zone. Love that Cooley is playing his position. Unsung hero-Durzi.
I didn’t like our d zone play. Lousy puck retrieval, we couldn’t stop the high cycle at all. We were lousy at the dot. IMO, the next two practices should focus on face offs.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
That game had some great moments and some very sloppy moments. Lots of potential on display and some areas to look forward to getting shored up.

Great point.

Love the bounce back after an OT loss. Montreal are a bit underrated right now. We really have a league where a lot of rebuilding teams are beginning to show promise and the older teams haven't fallen apart completely. I mean

...then there's the Sharks...and Calgary...and Edmonton (LOL!!!!).
Am I misremembering or was a big shot one of Hayton's calling cards when drafted? Just hasn't been able to turn it into a pro shot?
No joke, Stamkos like shot in the WJC finals his D1 year. Just a rocket. Made me switch my Horvat comparison to more of a Larkin 2.0. at this point I'm hoping for a Jenner type arc, which would be amazing for our depth.
Hayton is just misunderstood.
(and don’t call me Shirley)
1/10 through the season and no points. It's coming. But this is the second year of a slow/unlucky start. Still very young. Still very valuable. I just wish it was more clear how to pay him.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Really not liking Dermonts play recently
He's probably more of an every 8 game type of player. Ready to see Koly.

In my completely unbiased opinion he should've won the Calder.

Cooley can hockey. Schmaltz too.
Maccelli was amazing. Beniers was pretty undeniable playing 1/2C on an expansion team that made the playoffs though.

I'd put money on Maccelli having more points in the next three seasons though.

Dumba has been okay by me so far but he's always been a very uneven player. And he's getting some of the toughest minutes in his career, being force into a top pairing ish role here when he's not really one.

Dumba is the classic #3. Moser is looking similar. Valimaki has not impressed me as much as he did last season but looks like a perfect bottom pair anchor. It's insane but Durzi has been out most impressive defenseman.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely.

Barrett Hayton is a really good center for a guy who can’t pass or shoot. Everything else is great.

It’s moments like this that I’m very happy Cooley and Geekie and McBain are all having such good seasons.
Hayton. Our 1C who can't pass or shoot.:laugh: Too bad all our C's except Cooley have about the same talent. To win in this league you need good goalies, good Dmen, preferably with a 1D and good C's, preferably with a 1C. We have one of the three. We have a long way to go. Hopefully Cooley will become a 1C.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hayton has to only impress Bear, and it sounds like he does.
Of course he does, Bear actually knows the game. All three interviewed know the game better than this forum combined.

Bear also addressed adversity and that is what I tried getting through your cranium, regarding your quickness to juggle lines…. Bear was teaching/coaching. The big picture supersedes a single game, particularly with a young team at this stage of the season.

Had to laugh, Morgan apparently reads this forum and addressed the absurdity of a knee jerk move to remove Hayton from Schmaltz/Keller.

Schmaltz (yet again), also addressed the value of Hayton.

Is it sinking in yet buddy?

Edit: now that the genuine prick in me is somewhat satisfied: Your McBain idea wasn’t terrible, just premature…. I’m sure you can ask your wife about that! :laugh:

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hayton is just misunderstood.
(and don’t call me Shirley)
ATOI / Points
Schmaltz - 20:10 / 10
Keller - 20:06 / 9
Hayton - 19:31 / 0

How does this happen? How can Hayton not even have a secondary assist?

Cooley is the only other forward over 16m TOI with 16:32.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
ATOI / Points
Schmaltz - 20:10 / 10
Keller - 20:06 / 9
Hayton - 19:31 / 0

How does this happen? How can Hayton not even have a secondary assist?

Cooley is the only other forward over 16m TOI with 16:32.
The points, or the toi?
Gotta limit Cooley’s toi, BIG jump in grind from college to pro.
Hayton’s points should come, his main job is to work his ass off, get abused in front of the net, creating time and space for his highly entertaining, highly skilled linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad