GDT: Game 1 WCQF LAK @ VGK 7:00PM 4.11.2018 it's happening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Great win for the Knights!

I was kinda worried about this series, because the Kings have been my favorite team for many years. Saw them finally win the Cup (twice!), so, I can die happy.

I'm hoping, however, that Vegas goes for a nice, long playoff run. Preferably, not ending until the middle of June.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got home from TMA. What a riotous atmosphere. Good clean fun! (with a ton of drunks mixed in)

First of all, what a defensive effort by the entire team, especially Flower. Thought Quick played well, but we made it too easy on him by missing the net way too much.

What really stood out was the same old Dirty Sh!tbag LA Kings. The Refs missed A LOT of pick plays, hooks, & cheap shots. Brown & Doughty can p!ss off.

Huge win for the boys. Need to light the lamp a few more times in Game 2, but my gut tells me this series is gonna be this tight the whole way.

Knights 9
Kings 1

Knish were you in 225 tonight? We won Section of the game! Everyone got one free beer at Beerhaus after the game. Add that to free Donuts tomorrow & I'm living the high life!

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Knights looking good, not letting LA push them around either. Theodore reminds me more and more of Yandle every time I see him play.

His skating reminds me more of Scott Niedermayer. Yandle isn't that fluent, IMO.

how different would this game have been if Reaves played.

He wasn't missed, not by a long stretch. We won't win this series if we attempt to play their style of hockey. We'll win with speed & skill...Knights hockey!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Man this team is always gonna be in my heart.

One more playoff game win than ANYONE thought they'd get.

What a game.
They need 6 more wins to reach the magic number of 58. That means going to 2d round and at least taking that to 7 if they lose there.

Last edited:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Kings fans near me were crying loudly about the lack of penalties on VGK players playing dirty and just wait until they go to LA the refs will allow them to do the same things. I didn't think either side had any particularly dirty hits, but I didn't like some of the cheap shots in the scrums near the goalies. I think I saw one of our guys getting pulled from behind by his head in one of the after the whistle near the goalie scrums which I thought was dirty. I couldn't see who got dragged down or who did it to him. Does anyone know which play I'm talking about?

I hope the Knights sweep them or at least end it early as possible. I still think the Knights will win it in 6. This was such a tense game and I badly wanted a second goal so I could relax. I really hope we win every home game and steal one on the road. I don't want it to go to 7 games.

I saw on IG that they were showing the game outside the arena, but only a few people were there with chairs. I guess there's too many great places to watch the game than watching it from outside T-Mobile. Maybe if they win a few rounds, they will get more of a bigger outdoors atmosphere that you see at other arenas. The Jets looked like they had quite a bit of people outside today.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Pink box? Does Krispy Kreme still have the VGK donut? And what does it taste like? Most people I know here buy pink box or Dunkin. I don't mind Winchell's either. They have a good buttermilk bar.
Yep Krispy Kreme still but funny thing is I see new Dunkin Donut ads around the rink. Change might be coming.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I said it while I was at the game, it seemed like three of our best chances fell to Tatar and he either missed the net entirely or shot it directly at Quick.

I've seen him miss so many golden opportunities for us since he's been here and the only ones that seem to go in for him are the ones that bounce off him and find their own way to the net or shots he fans on and they go underneath a goalie expecting a better shot.

He works hard out there and often finds himself in good positions but he seems to be just terrible at finishing.

I'm quickly losing faith he can score for us as much as we need and am contemplating if we should get rid of him before that contract starts to look like a cap dump to other teams.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Just got home from TMA. What a riotous atmosphere. Good clean fun! (with a ton of drunks mixed in)

First of all, what a defensive effort by the entire team, especially Flower. Thought Quick played well, but we made it too easy on him by missing the net way too much.

What really stood out was the same old Dirty Sh!tbag LA Kings. The Refs missed A LOT of pick plays, hooks, & cheap shots. Brown & Doughty can p!ss off.

Huge win for the boys. Need to light the lamp a few more times in Game 2, but my gut tells me this series is gonna be this tight the whole way.

Knish were you in 225 tonight? We won Section of the game! Everyone got one free beer at Beerhaus after the game. Add that to free Donuts tomorrow & I'm living the high life!
I wasn’t able to get 225 for the playoffs. I was in 203. I was pissed when I saw 225 won last night. Hahaha

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Still hung over from last night's festivities. Didn't go to the game, but I have to say that this series is delivering right out the gate.

That was an intense, high-end display of playoff hockey. Both these teams brought it, and in the end the pressure is on the Kings right now because they're not going to win this series without scoring more goals. The Knights are more likely to raise the bar on goals for, and have an enormous advantage in being able to flip the ice, given their production in takeaways during the regular season. If the Knights stick with what they do we might find the Kings start to press and making defensive mistakes that open things up.

But still this does look like it's going to be a hard-fought series and I'm going to enjoy it win or lose.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kings fans near me were crying loudly about the lack of penalties on VGK players playing dirty and just wait until they go to LA the refs will allow them to do the same things. I didn't think either side had any particularly dirty hits, but I didn't like some of the cheap shots in the scrums near the goalies. I think I saw one of our guys getting pulled from behind by his head in one of the after the whistle near the goalie scrums which I thought was dirty. I couldn't see who got dragged down or who did it to him. Does anyone know which play I'm talking about?

I hope the Knights sweep them or at least end it early as possible. I still think the Knights will win it in 6. This was such a tense game and I badly wanted a second goal so I could relax. I really hope we win every home game and steal one on the road. I don't want it to go to 7 games.

I saw on IG that they were showing the game outside the arena, but only a few people were there with chairs. I guess there's too many great places to watch the game than watching it from outside T-Mobile. Maybe if they win a few rounds, they will get more of a bigger outdoors atmosphere that you see at other arenas. The Jets looked like they had quite a bit of people outside today.

My dad was back to giving a shit about the VGK last night. He texted me "I hope they win the Western Conference Finals at least"

At least? Christ.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Happy to see you guys have continued success this year. Game 1 down, 15 to go. Here's hoping. It's just a treat to watch this team play a well structured game. Congrats! I'm on board your playoff wagon, for sure.

Signed, a lowly Canucks fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad