Post-Game Talk: Game #1: Sharks defeat Canucks 4-1 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundface*

An elbow to the back of a head sends it forward though, not snapping backwards. Probably had a great "aaarrrgh" accompanying it too.

Wow I was just about to post the exact same thing. Getting your head driven into the boards wont cause you to snap your head back...

kinda creepy

Wetcoaster

An elbow to the back of a head sends it forward though, not snapping backwards. Probably had a great "aaarrrgh" accompanying it too.
His head was driven forward and then he snapped his head back as it hit the glass. Exaggerated? Maybe but a penalty on Kesler nonetheless. It was just a dumb play by Kesler getting his elbow up and extended making contact to the head - that will be called every time.

arsmaster*

I'd put money on it having been and "ouch" in a really whiney, nasally voice.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah, I don't think we can complain about Kesler getting a penalty because a guy snapped his head back. Unless we're doing it ironically?

PascalLeclairsChin

Sep 14, 2013
Fernwood, Victoria
While the loss is disappointing (as any is), I don't think any real assessments can be made until the team has more regular season games done. I know this is a hack thing to say at this point but it's easy to get swept away in negativity after a loss and positivity after a win.

Although, if Canuck fandom looks like a treacherously deep well of bad-feel at least some of the more outlandish posters on here can show us that there's always deeper to go.

arsmaster*

His head was driven forward and then he snapped his head back as it hit the glass. Exaggerated? Maybe but a penalty on Kesler nonetheless. It was just a dumb play by Kesler getting his elbow up and extended making contact to the head - that will be called every time.

Arm didn't go up until the head snapped back and the glare from Pavelski to the official. We've seen our guys get unsportsmanlikes for that.

Wetcoaster

Arm didn't go up until the head snapped back and the glare from Pavelski to the official. We've seen our guys get unsportsmanlikes for that.
We must have watched different games because on the reverse angle it shows the official's arm goes up just after Kesler's elbow makes contact.

arsmaster*

We must have watched different games because on the reverse angle it shows the official's arm goes up just after Kesler's elbow makes contact.

Maybe? I'm going off memory, but like others have mentioned, I imagine there was a "yelp" accompanying it.

Either way, it just goes to show you can go for a puck with your head dasher high staring down at the puck and your free to go about your business.

Wetcoaster

Maybe? I'm going off memory, but like others have mentioned, I imagine there was a "yelp" accompanying it.

Either way, it just goes to show you can go for a puck with your head dasher high staring down at the puck and your free to go about your business.
I do not imagine things - I go by what I see.

Had Kesler hit him not contacting the head - no problem. From the first angle (the ref's view) it looked like a glove to the face and on the other it was clearly an elbow - the call was roughing.

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
Check out this photo of Luongo! So awesome.

Attachments

• frozen100313_960_std.jpg
    frozen100313_960_std.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 17

Nov 1, 2011

Well, we did get an official fired by *****ing about him to the media. We've made our bed with them.

Overall a loss to the Sharks at home is not unexpected and as a whole the board is overreacting big time.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
sharks has just had the canucks numbers for a couple of years now. playoff sweep. good powerplay for them.

Outside99*

The D pairings were all different from preseason. Was it a factor? Hard to say.

Also, Garrison's penalty came on an outside in move - he was beat several times like that last season IIRC. Although he reportedly can play both sides, he himself has said he prefers the left side - obviously because he plays better there.

But putting Garrison back to the left side means either Weber or Corrado in the lineup, with either Alberts or Stanton as the 4th left/8th D. With Stanton and Corrado, avg. Age of the 8 is 26.1 (rounding each player to their draft year). Not bad at all and an organizational strength.

arsmaster*

Well, we did get an official fired by *****ing about him to the media. We've made our bed with them.

Overall a loss to the Sharks at home is not unexpected and as a whole the board is overreacting big time.

We did not get an official fired. He was a substandard official before and got dropped because he's awful.

Burrows-gate was just the cherry on top of an otherwise terrible NHL ref.

StringerBell

We did not get an official fired. He was a substandard official before and got dropped because he's awful.

Burrows-gate was just the cherry on top of an otherwise terrible NHL ref.

Perception is reality. If people think we got him fired we might as well have gotten him fired.

arsmaster*

Perception is reality. If people think we got him fired we might as well have gotten him fired.

I've only heard this perception from our fanbase.

I think the officials know who does/doesn't get playoff games.

Auger didn't before this incident and didn't after.

Either way, you'd think the other officials getting more opportunity because one resigned due to be dog **** would make them happy. Who am I kidding. They're a union. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad