GDT: Game 1: Seattle Kraken Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Lets get Kraken some Kraken

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Because the moment the team got Lehner it meant Fleury was going to be pushed away. People like Fleury so much they are not going to easily be sold on Lehner.

People were too attached to a simple sportsman in an unhealthy way and are too toxic to another who isn't to blame for anything is more accurate.

Patriot fans aren't even so unhealthy about Tom Brady (apart from Matt Damon, who at least knows Brady personally), they booed him loudly when the game started and ignored his setting the all time passing yards record during the game. And they wanted to beat him so bad at the end.

Way too many Vegas fans will be cheering for Fleury to beat their own team later this season. Zero chance they boo him during the game to show their own team they're fully behind them.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's a good thing they have 5 days off after Thursday's game. What a weird schedule.

I would call up Cotter for the LA game to bring some much needed energy. And just sit Coghlan.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah Lehner is no Vasilevsky...

Stupid to expect Vezina from Lehner. He will probably always suck on penalty shots. So rest of the team , hold leads and never let it go to overtime.
He will be good enough to go all the way.

Will be interesting to see Fleurys year on Chicago.

Reactions: NotPetya

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Because the moment the team got Lehner it meant Fleury was going to be pushed away. People like Fleury so much they are not going to easily be sold on Lehner.

Obviously but I meant in last night's game. First goal was a bit on him since he left the rebound out in front, but Martinez got beat in a battle. Second goal its a defender getting beat to a spot yet again, happened constantly in the middle of the game. Third goal maybe MAF stops because he goes so far out to challenge shooters but that was a wicked shot. Not an MVP performance but I just didn't get the gripes about Lehner. There were far too many skaters making bad mistakes in their own end for any goalie to have a great game.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Lehner isn't flashy. He used his size and (smartly) uses it to his advantage. He isn't as athletic as Fleury because he doesn't have to be. He also won't make big gamble like saves that throws him out of position to make highlight reel saves like flower either. The more boring your goalie the better, I say...

Reactions: NotPetya

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Lehner isn't flashy. He used his size and (smartly) uses it to his advantage. He isn't as athletic as Fleury because he doesn't have to be. He also won't make big gamble like saves that throws him out of position to make highlight reel saves like flower either. The more boring your goalie the better, I say...

I don't need flashy. I need Lehner not to pull himself out of position and then wallow there, which he repeatedly does.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So one game on Thursday and then 5 days off?

Who made this f***ing schedule? Morons?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He was alright. Played a few shifts on the PK but Deboer double shifted Kolesar on the Patrick line about halfway through last night.

I thought Krebs looked really good on the PK. I think the third line is going to suffer its perennial fate: Too much revolving door for any linemates to really get together.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Nothing like winning the first game of the season on a controversial call.

The funny thing though is that the call is keeping everyones focus away from the fact that Grubaeur pretty much quit on that play. He actually puts in an effort to slide across and he might have pulled off a game saving save. But nope, he controller disconnected the play.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
People were too attached to a simple sportsman in an unhealthy way and are too toxic to another who isn't to blame for anything is more accurate.

Patriot fans aren't even so unhealthy about Tom Brady (apart from Matt Damon, who at least knows Brady personally), they booed him loudly when the game started and ignored his setting the all time passing yards record during the game. And they wanted to beat him so bad at the end.

Way too many Vegas fans will be cheering for Fleury to beat their own team later this season. Zero chance they boo him during the game to show their own team they're fully behind them.

I don’t think some Patriots fans rooting against him means they all wanted him booed. I saw a lot of fans worshipping him during the game with GOAT signs. The most expensive NFL tickets out of any game in any stadium were the tickets from that game.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
And Lehner shouldn’t get the blame but the front office definitely should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad