GDT: Game 1: Predators vs Seattle Kraken : 10.14.21 : 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
I hope Hynes' defensive system doesn't result in us leaving a man wide open by the net every game. Obviously it was our first game, but the Kraken seem much better prepared and coached than our squad in just about every respect.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I hope Hynes' defensive system doesn't result in us leaving a man wide open by the net every game. Obviously it was our first game, but the Kraken seem much better prepared and coached than our squad in just about every respect.
Don't be ridiculous.
That was one time and it happened while the team was in the midst of a change. Tomasino had the down low forward position while Johansen and Forsberg were out high on the Dmen. Carrier and Harpur were covering two guys and battling for the puck. Tomasino got lost watching and following the puck rather than counting players and finding a man to cover that's why there was someone sitting backdoor wide open. That has nothing to do with any kind of hockey system it's purely a failure to execute by a player.

Reactions: triggrman

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Don't be ridiculous.
That was one time and it happened while the team was in the midst of a change. Tomasino had the down low forward position while Johansen and Forsberg were out high on the Dmen. Carrier and Harpur were covering two guys and battling for the puck. Tomasino got lost watching and following the puck rather than counting players and finding a man to cover that's why there was someone sitting backdoor wide open. That has nothing to do with any kind of hockey system it's purely a failure to execute by a player.
Yes cause this was Hynes first game as our head coach so we don’t have anything else to go on in calling out a coaching concern. /s

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yes cause this was Hynes first game as our head coach so we don’t have anything else to go on in calling out a coaching concern. /s
Is my assessment of the play wrong?
With your vast hockey knowledge do you think the coach is teaching a defensive scheme that has the low forward following the puck around like a cat with a lazer pointer?

Reactions: triggrman

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Maybe you all didn’t read the follow up sentence of ‘obviously this is the first game…’ part?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Maybe you all didn’t read the follow up sentence of ‘obviously this is the first game…’ part?
I mean, I did. I also thought it was worth replying to the ridiculous notion that Hynes system was going to leave opponents uncovered in front of the net.

Lavi's system was most definitely drawn up that way so maybe it's a ptsd type reaction from those years?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Last edited:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I liked Tolvanen and Myers a lot last night. Glass and Tomasino settled in during the 3rd. We will see how they adjust. Development is not linear. We hope the overall trajectory is the same as if it were a positive linear development, but that is optimistic and unrealistic. We will be lucky if half of these current young "NHL ready" players turn into consistent contributors who are above replacement level players.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That corona guy.. He even has a the predators towel in his pocket but giving suckers for the #9...[/QUOTE]
Hats off to 9 though, he was feeding 2 of them fairly well until Corona unloads one.

Reactions: bdub24

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Saw one of those with a San Jose fan once. The San Jose fan dropped from one punch though and then the Preds fan just turned around and sat down :laugh:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That was a different one I believe. This one didn't last long enough to watch lol
Ah. Yeah, this one lasted awhile. Was in lower bowl and the players were momentarily distracted by it, then got back to the game. The player interviewed afterward admitted the distraction.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ah. Yeah, this one lasted awhile. Was in lower bowl and the players were momentarily distracted by it, then got back to the game. The player interviewed afterward admitted the distraction.

Yeah this one was in 327 I think it was. Centerbice upper deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad