GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 10/11/23- 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690: Season Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don’t agree with this at all.

He made several five bell saves. We were badly outshot.

When you let in soft goals, all those five bell's dont mean much.

At the end of the day, he is what he is. He's a nice backup that costs too much. Keep the rebuild going though. 1 more down year, then time to compete.

Reactions: MasterD

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Right. Because we wouldn't have given up five goals.
Ah right. Samsonov gave up 6 tonight. Most people would have traded Monty or Allen for him without question last year.

Don't be so ridiculous. Monty has given up a ton of goals lots of times.

Reactions: NMacrules

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Ah right. Samsonov gave up 6 tonight. Most people would have traded Monty or Allen for him without question last year.

Don't be so ridiculous. Monty has given up a ton of goals lots of times.
How many games last year did Allen give up a goal in the first minute or first shot? I don't have the stats but it's probably a league record. Allen is AHL caliber.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Pearson,Gally and Savard have no business on this team .They have better sitting in the press box and in Laval . Play the kids and send these 3 packing

Savard is OK for this season, i think next year Reinbacher or/and Mailloux makes the team.

Maybe we buy out hit last year along with Armia?

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Savard was atrocious today. Might be okay playing against slow team but top tier team he sucks. We be lucky to get a 1st for him.

Gallagher and Pearson are garbage. Poor Monahan. Watching that 3rd line today made me actually felt bad for Dvorak. He’s been anchored by Gallagher. How is that possible.

Reactions: Redux91

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Well that was a fun opener. Got low expectations this season, just hope to pad some stats and be entertained. Might even be on for more games than last season. Wife says we watched a LOT of hockey last year. I think I was around for maybe a dozen games and zero playoffs. So if 12 out of 82 games is a lot, I can't imagine what she would think of when I use to watch 100 + regular season games.

Reactions: Runner77

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't think Pearson is an NHL caliber player. Same for Gallagher.
I think he was okay. Or at least that he could be okay as a 4th liner with PK time and very occasionnal PP duties. The stickwork is still pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad