Game #1: Kings lose to Blackhawks 5-2

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Pretty sad when Pens vs Flyers has better Defense than the Kings game lol.

Fourth line was awesome, Drew and Brown came to play.

Quick looks a little rusty (understandably) Defense was all kinds of bad.

Penalty Kill was another bright spot.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I was expecting a huge game from Gagne.

I thought Gagne had a couple really nice plays...until it was time to shoot...SHOOT GAGNE!!!

Cliffy/Nolan/Doughty only players that played well imo.

Carter/Richards/Greene played real bad imo.

After seeing the Peg' score I think anyone associated with Mod Holden was jinxed today;)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Gagne, Richards, and Carter were absolutely useless. Brown was hustling, Doughty played pretty well (despite the unlucky bounce off his skate), but boy, are we missing Kopitar and Mitchell. Quick had some unlucky bounces but he didn't really get a chance to get into a groove.

Oh well, there's always next game.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Yeah, Dewey looks awesome out there. Voynov looks a bit slow, and Greene is gonna need to make adjustments to his game if those damn refs are actually gonna keep calling those interference calls. Gagne looks lost, but he'll get better with a few more games. He'll have his moments. Nolan/Cliffy/Lewis/Brownie/Penner had good games too.

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008
Banner raising and cup showing off was a side show, first game back, honestly was expecting a good ass whoopin, hopefully this get everybody to refocus.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I hope we sneak into the playoffs as the eighth seed again.

KingKopitar11*

I thought Gagne had a couple really nice plays...until it was time to shoot...SHOOT GAGNE!!!

Cliffy/Nolan/Doughty only players that played well imo.

Carter/Richards/Greene played real bad imo.

After seeing the Peg' score I think anyone associated with Mod Holden was jinxed today;)

Gagne had some alright positioning but he did crap with it. Overall I know it's one game and all, but I'd love to see him gone and have Toffoli play instead. I know it's too early though

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Remember how bad the Kings always look the first pre-season game? I'm just gonna chalk it up to rust. They'll find their groove eventually.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
God forbidd they cut Kings game ever like that again.

Btw is there a new rule regarding interference?

Yes or a new interpretation of it anyways. The league is going to try and cut down on the amount of time allowed to make contact with a player after he releases the puck. The refs are gonna struggle for awhile.

Tuff loss. Banner hung awesome.

Banner hanging, distracting and I thought cheesy. Lift the banner smaller ceremony (maybe a little different?) and then go kick butt.

We will be fine once we are 100% healthy.

Lots of players waiting for the other guy to make a big play . That will go away pretty quickly.

Would have been a nice win but on to the next one.

GREAT TO GET THE BOYS BACK ON THE ICE!

GO KINGS GO!!!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
No emotion on a weekend afternoon game? What is this, last season before the Cup?

Passing must get better. They looked like pre-Sutter with the passing.

Bad game. 4th line showed up, that's about it. Banner out of the way. First home game out of the way. They earned a freebie.

One game. One loss. On to Tuesday.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Fourth line looked awesome, Stewart/Richardson are going to have a tough time cracking lineup. Unless Lewis and King drop off the face of the earth.

I just don't see Sutter breaking that Fourth line up.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Fourth line looked awesome, Stewart/Richardson are going to have a tough time cracking lineup. Unless Lewis and King drop off the face of the earth.

Speaking of which, Lewis actually played pretty well, in my opinion. He just has stone hands. Really unfortunate.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Look at the bright side... we scored more goals than the other two home teams who played afternoon games. ;) Every home team lost this afternoon.

The Kings (still) suck playing day games, and they looked rusty overall. Onward.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Speaking of which, Lewis actually played pretty well, in my opinion. He just has stone hands. Really unfortunate.

It really is, Lewis has all the tools you want in a third line player.

Except he can't score, he is a black hole for offense.

The one exception being the playoff's, Somehow Lewis finds a scoring touch.

13 points in 26 GP in the playoff's

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I could see Richardson or Stewart stepping in for King if he doesn't play great. I think Clifford-Fraser-Nolan is here to stay.

I really hope DL lands a vet Dman in a trade soon. Muzzin + Loktionov should get us someone decent right?

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Blah, it's only one game, but we are about to go on the road and face some young teams with speed. We better figure our defensive positioning out pretty quick

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
One other note... Willie Mitchell is critical to this team's success, and if he's out for 2 months, the Kings will be scraping for playoff spot #8. They need Mitchell back in a hurry. More critical than Kopitar.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I could see Richardson or Stewart stepping in for King if he doesn't play great. I think Clifford-Fraser-Nolan is here to stay.

I really hope DL lands a vet Dman in a trade soon. Muzzin + Loktionov should get us someone decent right?

Everyone want's a Defenseman in the mold of Mitchell. For all the talk about Defensive D guys are a dime a dozen....

Well when you need one, there are none available or around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad