GDT: Game 1 | Detroit Red Wings @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM EST | FSD (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I actually had a dream last night that Cola scored a slapper from near the slot against his former team ^^. More likely he will be mediocre and get injured

Haha this is funny. Good luck this season guys(when your not playing the Blues), lets do this! :yo:

Electric Thunder

Jul 19, 2011
Oklahoma
My reaction to opening up HF and seeing the first GDT of the season:

reverse-200sw35799sw.gif
gallery_68619_26348_20752553074c6e881b5bc13.gif

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
My band has a show tonight however I told the owner to have that game on every tv, so even when we are playing I'll be able to watch the game lol. Lets start this season out with a W!!

Aug 6, 2012
I hate to say it but I see us losing tonight because we're away and no Helm or Bert (mostly Helm), but I think it'll be a good game and Brunner will surprise. Plus everyone will love Tootoo. And it's nice to see Mursak will be starting!

4-3 Blues in OT, Stewart with the GWG.

1st line dominates ES: Pavs with 2A, Hank with 1G 1A, Brunner with 1G. 2nd PP unit gets it done: Sammy with 1G(PP) from Fil and Smith.

But the loss of Helm is noticeable as we have trouble containing the Blue's bottom-six.

Anybody know if Smith will be on the PP? I really hope so.

Hope I'm wrong about the final score, GO WINGS! :yo:

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, I definitely like the decision but it also makes sense to not throw Eaves right into the lineup after such a long hiatus.

Especially against a team as physical as the Blues.

I think they have a good shot at winning, as much as I like both Tippett's and Hitchcock's system I do think it takes a bit longer to get into a defensive rythem. More moving parts and each mistake is usually more costly. I know a lot of people view offense as a timing deal but in certain defensive systems with major structure points it will take a second to get in order. Hoping for a 3-2 win, I do think the Blues will have their hands full with the Wings top line.

Good test for our backend as the Blues are pretty easily a top 5 forechecking team, so we will get to see if all that speed helps absorb the pressure and the puck movement plays the keep away game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ask and ye shall receive...

damienbrunner.png

Brunner does have quite the schnoz on him. Looks like he lost some teeth and broke his nose driving right into a goal post at some point.

A face only a mother and hockey coach could love. This picture won't show it but watch an interview the kid is down quite a few chicklets.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I actually had a dream last night that Cola scored a slapper from near the slot against his former team ^^. More likely he will be mediocre and get injured

Actually, Wings defensemen who are destined to be reviled by the fans have a long and glorious tradition of scoring in their first game with the team.

Cross
Quincey
Lebda
Murphy (only reviled after he stayed 2 years past his expiration date)

Ericsson barely missed - he scored in his 3rd game.
Ditto for Todd Gill.
Jason Woolley, 4th game.
Aaron Ward, 2nd game.

I think CC gets a goal AND gets injured in this one. Maybe not even in that order. And then we go on to despise him forever.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Actually, Wings defensemen who are destined to be reviled by the fans have a long and glorious tradition of scoring in their first game with the team.

Cross
Quincey
Lebda
Murphy (only reviled after he stayed 2 years past his expiration date)

Ericsson barely missed - he scored in his 3rd game.
Ditto for Todd Gill.
Jason Woolley, 4th game.
Aaron Ward, 2nd game.

I think CC gets a goal AND gets injured in this one. Maybe not even in that order. And then we go on to despise him forever.

Given that evidence I am stunned Lilja didn't fluke one in right away.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Is TOPGUN gone for good now?

Nothing against mindfly, but he makes even more boring GDTs than I do.

Maybe Shoalzie and Propain will round things up again? :naughty:

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Got Gamecenter, so hopefully my brother's crappy laptop and internet connection can play it. Watched the pregame show at LA. Jealous as ****!

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The torch has been passed. Nice run guys, it was epic.

:laugh: One division title and you're really feeling yourselves. Good for you guys, glad to have the Notes back as they've always had strong fan support when they've been competitive. The Hawks have actually won a Cup and will have something to say about pecking order within the division I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany