Pre-Game Talk: Game 1- 10/3 7PM Sabres @ Pens 'Haleth son of Háma. There is always hope.' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
For right now, I'm more worried about Okposo as an NHL player than Sobotka. It's entirely plausible that both will absolutely suck.....but at least Vlad showed me something during preseason. Okposo showed me basically nothing at all that indicates that he should in be in the lineup.

Not to mention, we have 1 year of Sobotka left, while Okposo, well, thanks a lot Murray.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Not to mention, we have 1 year of Sobotka left, while Okposo, well, thanks a lot Murray.

My #1 fear is that Skinner starts to regress before Okposo’s deal ends. That would be a lot of dead cap.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Please tell me that Krueger is not making Risto the #1 defenseman over Dahlin
New year, new coach, same thing that has failed for the past 5 seasons.

“History repeats itself”

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

I mean mayne, I'm bout to wish y'all all of the best of the best like eric roberts for the upcoming season :clap: I mean look at that first line... oloffson finna score a whola load of goals tonight and in many other nights too. Woah, he bout to have dat woah factor like mya back in her day. That's an amazing line right there with eichel and reinhart and imagine how right the coach has to be to put this type of action jackson together. Even carl weathers would be proud. I'm like treally hoping y'all surprise those awful diva penguins tonight. Invested some on that too btw.

Be real cool, stay calm and all the best to oloffson and his family and all of y'all cause y'all is in a away oloffson family too. This gon be real nice.

Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eh. To be fair, concussions have played a very, very large role in KO's descent into the abyss.

Oh no doubt about that, but Okposo's contract, because of the player Okposo is, and his limited skating speed, was going to age like milk. His best times on the ice, much like Pommers, was when he was with Eichel. Outside of that, and his time on the PP down low, he was pretty bad.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I am still excited my Sabres are back.

I just can’t buy into hope this year until some evidence is presented.

Btw,

That’s a lot of 1 goal openers :(

We’re not only losing them, we’re also looking crappy. Boston was a rough time last year.

Thanks for that. Ugggh

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I have a feeling the 2nd line will click. All Skinner needs is possession of the puck in the offensive zone to generate scoring chances. MoJo's got that down with his zone entry. Skinner scored a lot of goals for Carolina with less than stellar centers. He doesn't need Eichel to be successful. Sobotka is the strawman that stirs the drink.

Olofsson needs to be setup for scoring chances. I think putting him with Eichel and Reinhart will maximize his output.

Reactions: MacOfNiagara

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
For futher examination, you can't spell "Ok Slow Poke" without Okposo
I think there's a Ruotsalainen / Ristolainen anagram possible too, but my brain is as dull as a 1960s pair of brown Bauer's right now...

Not only are most people’s worst fears actually coming to fruition, but the Sabres are even getting creative with fears everyone would’ve called impossible in July (Sobotka, 2RW)

(Throw-back-Thursday)...one might even say the Sabres opening-night lineup is like putting out fire with gasoline...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My #1 fear is that Skinner starts to regress before Okposo’s deal ends. That would be a lot of dead cap.

Don't even suggest that. Just don't even.

I mean, you sign a 27 year old to an 8 year deal....he isn't going to be as good at the end of it as he is at the start.

~it's~ ~why~ ~it~ ~is~ ~a~ ~shitty~ ~ass~ ~off~ ~a~ ~contract~

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It’s sad cause if you swapped ERod for Sobotka the lines would be pretty well assembled.
What’s sad is something that minor (yes its minor) has led to the hissy fits we’ve seen the last two days.

Btw the guy to be frustrated with for Erod not being in the lineup is... Erod. He played his way off the starting 12 during camp/preseason. Can’t say he wasn’t given a fair chance. He had a shot at the #2 center/wing spot when camp opened. He got chances with Skinner/MoJo.

Frankly I don’t want to hear anymore about accountability from many on this forum. Because its quite clear that only means getting rid of certain players posters on here don’t like. It sure as hell doesn’t mean holding a player you like accountable for a poor preseason/camp. Its laughable posters have lineups with Erod on the top line if they truly care about accountability.

I’ m certainly not excited about Sobotka playing on that line. I also fully expect Erod to respond to this and get back into the lineup. But I’m absolutely amazed at the carrying on over it.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not only are most people’s worst fears actually coming to fruition, but the Sabres are even getting creative with fears everyone would’ve called impossible in July (Sobotka, 2RW)
You’re worst fear is Risto playing exactly where everyone should have expected him to be? On one of the top two pairs. Then we wait until the game to see how much he plays. But I would expect it will be close to, if not, the most minutes.

Can’t wait for the games and even more nuanced takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kummelweck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad