GDT: Game 1 - 1-CAR vs 4-NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Its the postseason, and we're in it.

tenor.gif

So after an abbreviated yet long season, we've made it. And I think things went well. Checking the standings...

source-7.gif

We went into the season in a division with both teams who were in the Finals last year and won the darn thing? Well that had to be because everyone else sucked, right? Oh wait, we had a division with 3 teams having legit top 6 records in the league?

Michael-GIF.gif

Ok then, so time for the playoffs. So the good news is that its been a year and COVID is finally starting to get behind us. The capacity restrictions were lifted last week and now we can fill the arena to the max that the league will allow, which is around 12k. So alright, awesome job, should be no problems getting people there ton.... oh what the fudge, there's a GAS CRISIS?!?!

giphy-22.gif

Ok, ok, ok not ideal, but at least the team is healthy so we don't have to worry about the on ice play. Had a week to recover and no real big injuries at the end of the year. So we're good to... Wait, Slavin is QUESTIONABLE?!?

Jason-Mendoza-Molotov-problem.gif

Well, that sucks. Ok then, so how are we going to handle things tonight?

1bafdd708d84533a500b06bb9bd5914b.gif

DONE.

Broadcast starts at 8 with the Bally Sports pregame show at 7:30. Puck drop is likely to be around 8:30. Tailgating lots open at 3. Time to get litty, bitches.

giphy.gif

GO CANES.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
we sit Slavin today just so he can get healthier or do we not want to risk giving them any momentum? We can control the matchups better so sitting him tonight isnt an awful idea.

We win tonight, re-evaluate for game 2. can be more conservative after winning game 1 when deciding on game 2.

I dont like the pairs without Slavin but we need a healthy slavin for a long run.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
we sit Slavin today just so he can get healthier or do we not want to risk giving them any momentum? We can control the matchups better so sitting him tonight isnt an awful idea.

We win tonight, re-evaluate for game 2. can be more conservative winning game 1 when deciding on game 2.

I dont like the pairs without Slavin but we need a healthy slavin for a long run.

If 9 days didn't get Slavin healthy, are 2 more days really going to do it? Unless he could further injure himself, I feel like this is something he's going to have to play through in the playoffs.

I'm hoping this is part of the "nicked up" category we typically hear about after the playoffs end. Whether it leans toward the more serious injury someone struggles with or the typical injury from a long grind and Rod's just trying to get Slavin as healthy as possible before the playoffs start remains to be seen.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
If 9 days didn't get Slavin healthy, are 2 more days really going to do it? Unless he could further injure himself, I feel like this is something he's going to have to play through in the playoffs.

I'm hoping this is part of the "nicked up" category we typically hear about after the playoffs end. Whether it leans toward the more serious injury someone struggles with or the typical injury from a long grind and Rod's just trying to get Slavin as healthy as possible before the playoffs start remains to be seen.
2 days no. if the goal is 4+ more days then sit game 1. We win, keep sitting him. We lose, he'll play. sit him until we lose.

Skjei-Pesce
Hakanpaa-Hamilton
Ryan-Bean

not ideal. Ryan-Hamilton may be an okay 2nd pairing but i think those are better.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
2 days no. if the goal is 4+ more days then sit game 1. We win, keep sitting him. We lose, he'll play. sit him until we lose.

Skjei-Pesce
Hakanpaa-Hamilton
Ryan-Bean

not ideal. Ryan-Hamilton may be an okay 2nd pairing but i think those are better.

I think they'd run Skjei-Hamilton based on the pairings earlier in the year when Slavin was out.

Skjei-Hamilton
Bean-Pesce
Ryan/Gardnier - Hakanpaa

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

Sweet don’t have to worry about him not playing.

i think the biggest keys to this series:
We get something close to the Skjei that played in the Rangers series in the bubble. Physical part, especially
2nd and 3rd lines add to 5v5 scoring
Aggressive, physical, and agitating 4th line. Hit everything that moves and if you have bruises we can sub you out next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad