GDT: Game 05 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Saturday, October 21st, 2023 - 9:00pm CDT - CBC/Sportsnet West - Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Today, we will look at the life of one of our more interesting posters: @Mud Turtle

MudTurtle-GDT1.jpg

Franklin “Mud” Turtle was born in the small town of Staples, Minnesota to Bert and Shelley Turtle. They nicknamed him “Mud” after his early fixation with playing outside and getting quite dirty...

MudTurtle-mud.jpg

He quickly outgrew this filthy habit and knew that one day he would be working in an office just like his father...

images

While shopping with his parents, “Mud” fell in love with a red stapler, and just had to have it...

MudTurtle-stapler.jpg

He absolutely loved that red stapler and took it everywhere with him, including the Prom...

MudTurtle-prom.jpg

To Lunch...

MudTurtle-lunch.jpg

And even on vacation...

MudTurtle-vacation.jpg

That red stapler was his life. His parents and fellow co-workers, ever so concerned about his fascination with it, tried to have an intervention...

MudTurtle-intervention.jpg

But that didn't work...

musicartsculture_movies2-1-ea7e24406d293136.jpg

He was heard saying...

It's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

miltonstaler.gif

After that, Mud Turtle was left alone and the rest they say is history...

In the late game on Hockey Night In Canada, the 1-3 Winnipeg Jets take on the 1-3 Edmonton Oilers at Rogers Place at 9:00pm CDT. The Jets are coming off of a 5-3 loss to the Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Golden Knights, while the Oilers lost 4-1 at the hands of the Philadelphia Flyers. Can Winnipeg begin to turn things around and stop the nose dive? Will Edmonton "slip" past the Jets and get a "greasy" win? Will Dominic Toninato see some ice time against the Oilers? Does Schmidt get inserted back in the lineup, or does Tree get a second straight "show me" game? Will @Mud Turtle and his stapler make an appearance on HFJets? These inquiries and more are on all of our minds tonight.....

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
2 desperate teams, both with scoring and sus goaltending so far.

If Helle shows up its a dub. 7-4 Jets with an en for the good guys
Agreed, lets get this win.

The frustrating thing is that (other than vs the Kings) they haven't played that badly.

Wallop McSwine and his merry band of Sidesaitls, please and thanks.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Agreed, lets get this win.

The frustrating thing is that (other than vs the Kings) they haven't played that badly.

Wallop McSwine and his merry band of Sidesaitls, please and thanks.
Even in the LA game it was a product of being behind and frustrated with the trap plus losing Vilardi.

Even with a 1-3 record I'm pretty excited about the season, I still think the Jets will be fighting for first in the division

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Even in the LA game it was a product of being behind and frustrated with the trap plus losing Vilardi.

Even with a 1-3 record I'm pretty excited about the season, I still think the Jets will be fighting for first in the division

Yeah, if they keep this play up they will win a good amount when their goaltending normalizes.

We have two teams that will be desperate for a win tonight. Should be another good game.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
super-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Up the creek, the sheen of Whysaitl outworn,
When Oily tendys lived and died as flowers do now,
Before the bastard signs of a Kane pickup were born,
Or durst inhabit, like a flea, on carcass’d Oil’d cow;
Today, the Orange tresses of the dead,
The right of sepulchres, shall be shorn away,
Thrive will our second line on McDrai’s head;
Ere Iafallo's renew’d fleece live another day:
In Lowsy these holy antique hours are seen,
Without sir Vilardi, himself’s ACL skewed,
But yo, Shuffles and JoMo make summer of Oily spleen,
Helly robbing McDrai to dress his beauty new;
New coach bounces doth Nature safely store,
To show false Art and slatterns Oil’d of yore.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So, of the three - if the Jets were looking to fill a gap on forward, which one would you get?

This isn't considering if the player would come here, just simply based on the player you'd prefer:

Garland
Kane
Kessel

I'd pick Kane I think.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So, of the three - if the Jets were looking to fill a gap on forward, which one would you get?

This isn't considering if the player would come here, just simply based on the player you'd prefer:

Garland
Kane
Kessel

I'd pick Kane I think.

We already have a younger Kessel in Connor. I'd take Kane of the three for sure though.

Reactions: Jet

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Atleast a .906 goaltending night for Jets tonight would be nice.

Garland
Kane
Kessel

I'd pick Kane I think.

Kane for sure of that group.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Over the summer, I sent out a crack team of investigators to find out about some of our fellow HFJets posters. What they came back with was quite interesting, and throughout the season, we will look at some of the information they found out.

Go Jets Go! :hockey:
Fabulous GDT as usual.

I can't wait to see what you do with Kanadaleinen and Jets31.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Keep out of the penalty box and we have a good chance of taking this one -
Especially with how our PK has been playing lately -
I hate losing to these guys - play like we have lately but with decent goaltending - stay out of the box - and no more Apples on the 1st line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad