GDT: Game 03 - Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche- Wednesday, October 19th, 2022 - 7:00pm CDT - SN1/SNW - CJOB/POWER 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Greetings all! It's another glorious game day and what a better way to spend it by being on the HFJets Forum discussing our beloved team! The Jets are coming off of a disappointing 4-1 loss against the Dallas Stars on Monday night missing Head Coach Rick Bowness, who was sick with COVID. If that game didn't make him sick, another game playing like that will. Hopefully, he will be behind the bench for tonight's grapple against the Colorado Avalanche. The Av's are coming off of a 6-3 victory over the current hapless Minnesota Wild and are now 2-1 on the season. The Jets will have their work cut out for them, so let's hope Bowness & Co. can inspire them to play better...

maxresdefault.jpg

We all know that Denver is known as the “Mile High City”, but there are other facts about that city that I bet you don't know. This GDT will cover some of the more lesser known trivia about Colorado's Capital...

The 1976 Winter Olympic Games were awarded to Denver, but when the costs started to skyrocket and worries about the environment started to rise, the voters rejected it and Austria was awarded the games. Now if only Montreal would have done that for the Summer Games, maybe we wouldn't have had the “Big Owe”...

60256cfbf3730.image.jpg

DenverOlympics2.jpg

You can actually kayak down the South Platte River in the Downtown area. You can bring your own boat, or you can rent one at one of the parks...

13502508_1026945214025194_385929429097768306_o.jpg

The cheeseburger was invented in Denver at the Humpty Dumpty Drive-Inn in 1935, when owner Louis Ballast applied for a patent. The hamburger has never been the same since...

default.jpg

cheeseburger_580.jpg

Some of you golfers might be interested to know that your golf ball will soar about 6% farther in Denver than in other cities because of the elevation, as the thinner air causes less drag. Who's up for a round...

012_3_0097_jpeg_2f111c51-f1b6-43ab-94a3-9e99ad68edc9.jpg

Elvis once flew to Denver just for a sandwich! While touring, he had eaten at one of the restaurants in town and enjoyed it so much that year's later, in 1976, he flew his private jet back there, had thirty sandwiches delivered to his plane, and then flew back home after he and his crew had eaten. The sandwich in question was 8000 calories and made from a full jar of blueberry jam, a jar or peanut butter, and a pound of bacon on a hollowed-out loaf of bread!

Elvis-Fool-Gold-Sandwich.jpg

Did you know that the Denver Mint is the largest producer of coins in the world, as it can put out more than 50 million coins in a single day! That's a lot of pocket change! So if you see any U.S. coin with a “D” stamped on it, it comes from here...

6604214561_df2fd19fe9_b.jpg

images

Denver was rated as the healthiest city in America for pets by Purina, ranking high in categories such as veterinarian to pet ratio and a low number of fleas. Makes me kind of itchy thinking about it...

denver-tag-front.png

And finally, for some reason it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your neighbour in Denver. The question should be asked, why would you anyway...Screw them...just like the Avalanche, they suck!

low-section-of-man-vacuuming-floor-while-woman-cleaning-shelves-in-background-at-home-562452153-5ac76ae7ae9ab80037f09a24.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Thanks to: 33 Fun & Interesting Facts About Denver - Travel Lemming and 25 Fun Facts About Denver YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Awesome GDT @macmaroon

Could be the first game of the 2022-23 season I will get a chance to watch. It appears my kids are activity free tonight and I am in Canada!! defending Stanley Cup champs and they are a few big steps up from us talent wise but its the NHL so none of that matters in one game sample sizes.

GJG

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Awesome GDT @macmaroon

Could be the first game of the 2022-23 season I will get a chance to watch. It appears my kids are activity free tonight and I am in Canada!! defending Stanley Cup champs and they are a few big steps up from us talent wise but its the NHL so none of that matters in one game sample sizes.

GJG

I think the team will play well tonight. Colorado plays a less physical game then Dallas so I see us having a bit more room ro skate and be creative.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
thanks @macmaroon

We'll need:

Offence
Defence
Goaltending

All influenced with a healthy modicum of:
Brains
Speed

To win this sucker. We've got this.

Go Jets!

As my friend @Eyeseeing might say, "Three dead squirrels in the bush is worth a bear on the ferris-wheel"... hm, no thats not quite right... maybe its "Now we've made our cake, we should don firesuits and probably lie in it" ....nope, I'm muddling it all up... oh! I know.. its: "'f%#k this, lets go!" :)

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Win or lose I am looking for a step forward in playing the new game the coaches are implementing, more consistently.

Will Bowness be on the bench?
Will the Swedish flow be playing and if so, who comes out?
Will Samberg get his shot?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Lest Landeskog should task you to invite
What game time spirit lived in ye,
Jets are not dead, dear love, forget that shyte,
And Avs this eve can *try* to wiggle free;
Compher and leafy Kale will emit some quavering cry,
To awaken PLD for thine own deserts,
And media hype drool upon the MacKinnified line
Than bald truth would willingly impart:
O, lest your Jettoid love waver and lose shine,
That Bone-ed fellow don’t swill the same brew,
It’s Ride-or-Die wherever the Jets play,
Some say no hope - no more for me nor you.
Think upon thy upbeat fate, by that which I bring forth,
And so might you bring some love for Jettish real worth.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So, how are we gonna measure progress as the new systems are implemented? Can't really go on wins and losses alone

Here's my take: divvy the league up into three tiers of teams - ones we should beat (bottom 10), ones we're lumped in with (middle 10) and ones who should beat us (top 11).

If we outplay bottom teams and win, I'm happy. If we get outplayed and win, I'm neutral. If we outplay them and lose, I'm also neutral. If we get outplayed and lose, I'm pissed.

Same goes for the middle tier except if we get outplayed and win, I'm happy.

For top tier teams like the avs, I'm super pumped if we outplay them and win. I'm happy if we outplay them and lose or get outplayed and win. I'm neutral if we get outplayed and lose (it's the likely outcome anyway).

So far I'd say the game vs rangers was a win vs a potentially top 10 team (so I'm happy) but we got outplayed and lost to Dallas so I was disappointed.

With this game, I'm full on expecting to get our asses kicked so based on that, I won't get too worked up no matter the outcome

As the year goes on and the systems get set and integrated, hopefully we have less nights where we want to kick the dog and more nights where we're celebrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad