Confirmed with Link: Gallagher signs 6 years x 6.5M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Interesting. I don't think this is necessarily a bad contract, but if Gally can't stay healthy it will very quickly become one. Fingers crossed fellas!

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Interesting. I don't think this is necessarily a bad contract, but if Gally can't stay healthy it will very quickly become one. Fingers crossed fellas!
If anybody can't stay healthy it's bad. That's the price of doing business

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This had to be a big prank on Bergy's side...
TALKS "broke off" 12 hours later ,deal signed...lol

YA , talks broke off cause they already had a deal..LMAO...

Reactions: Shad

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't think so. If we win a few cups while he's still effective and around, perhaps. Doubt he beats out Koivu's return from cancer Ovation.

I’m not saying literally the longest ovation of all-time. But he will be loved a really long time by the fans.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Love the deal glad Gally will be retiring a Hab. Also this shows you guys how much bullshit "insiders" know. Now we need to resign Danault for a decent amount and move on from all this once its done its done and we can focus on replacing Tatar if he isn't being resigned.

Reactions: Gains

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think we all owe the utmost respect to Gallagher for his overall contribution to this team.

That being said, I just can't see him living up to that sort of contract. This is exactly why I would have preferred moving him. Same goes for Pacioretty at the time of his trade.

Nigh 7M a year for Gallagher is pretty wild. I think he'll be more of a middle-six grinder than a top 6 scorer sooner than later .

Hope I'm wrong.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Term isn't great, but the dude was paid under the market value for many years lol

He banked the check, which he full deserved.

Happy to have you for a long time, you beautiful s.o.b.! :heart:

brendan-gallagher-2020-45.jpg

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
Those who think he’d have gotten the same on the market and he didn’t take a hometown discount...

How much do you think Hoffman will get, and why is Gally two times the player?

Reactions: Toffoli4Rocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad