Gagarin Cup 2015 • Conference Final (WEST) • CSKA Moscow vs. SKA St. Petersburg

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Guys, I'm officially a ******. Instead of watching the live stream, I tuned in to watch game 5 looooooooooooooooooool. And since I missed half of that game, I thought it was live ....

shame on me

alce*

Guys, I'm officially a ******. Instead of watching the live stream, I tuned in to watch game 5 looooooooooooooooooool. And since I missed half of that game, I thought it was live ....

shame on me

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I have thought what the **** you have against the arena.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Match Zenith-CSKA is also playing today. If Zenith wins then they basically will be champions. I'd like to know what would be feelings of sports fan from Piter who follows both football and hockey if Zenith wins and SKA loses.

I'm a Zenit fan, but I don't care about SKA. Mostly because I don't care about the KHL. But I love Panarin - Shipachyov - Dadonov line, hope they will look great in WHC and then move (Panarin, at least) to NA.

alce*

I'm a Zenit fan, but I don't care about SKA. Mostly because I don't care about the KHL. But I love Panarin - Shipachyov - Dadonov line, hope they will look great in WHC and then move (Panarin, at least) to NA.

And I don't give a **** about NHL and hope that our players will be playing at home.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
I was born in Leningrad so I should root for SKA, but since CSKA is such a legendary club, and Fedorov is my all-time favorite player, I also like CSKAand therefore don't care which teams comes out on top. And I want all good Russians to play in the NHL ...

alce*

How can a player reach his full potential which is what every athlete strives for, if he doesn't play against the best?

Ovechkin for example was mostly completely useless in National team, so what his "full potential" should mean to me? Nothing. He's playing in the league I don't give a **** about and at the same time is mostly useless to NT. I mean I get why HE want to play in NHL now, but why some Russian fans could actually want him playing there is mystery to me. Some kind of masochism.

Kovalchuk and Radulov had looked better than other our players on Olympics, so I don't even sure if your assumption is technically true.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ovechkin for example was mostly completely useless in National team, so what his "full potential" should mean to me? Nothing. He's playing in the league I don't give a **** about and at the same time is mostly useless to NT. I mean I get why HE want to play in NHL now, but why some Russian fans could actually want him playing there is mystery to me. Some kind of masochism.

Kovalchuk and Radulov had looked better than other our players on Olympics, so I don't even sure if your assumption is technically true.

You do realize both players have kind of earned their merits in the NHL already? And do you also realize that without NHL stars, Russia isn't going to win jack**** on the international stage?

Hzzz

May 5, 2012

I don't get it why people always say that Ovechkin is bad in NT games. Sure he was terrible in Sochi but he has done some good things also. 1x Olympic all star team, 2x WC all star team, 3 wc gold medals (last time he was their captain), his ppg in world championship games is 0,88 which is pretty good.

alce*

You do realize both players have kind of earned their merits in the NHL already? And do you also realize that without NHL stars, Russia isn't going to win jack**** on the international stage?

:facepalm: Some way to understand writing text. :D
For those who doesn't get first time I repeat. I want that our best players have been playing in KHL. I haven't ****ing proposed to block NHL players from playing for Russian NT.

alce*

I don't get it why people always say that Ovechkin is bad in NT games. Sure he was terrible in Sochi but he has done some good things also. 1x Olympic all star team, 2x WC all star team, 3 wc gold medals (last time he was their captain), his ppg in world championship games is 0,88 which is pretty good.

He had some good games, but mostly he's useless. And don't get me wrong I deeply respect him, he's always ready to play for NT, but he usually couldn't find his place in the team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's weird how someone with such a nickname advocates a situation in which one league dictates the sport.

:laugh: How on Earth could come from to such a ridiculous assumption from that comment? It's no secret that NHL is the premier league of the sport and where pretty much every player at least dreams of playing or dreamed of playing as a youngster. You should know as a Finn that it benefits our national team to have as many players in the NHL is as many teams as possible.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There is a lot of whining on Russian boards about officiating. They say officials are against CSKA. And I've immediately recalled that game against Jokerit, when CSKA won thanks to 5 min penalty... Of course, most whiners are SKA haters, because the team is the most hated one in the KHL.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
:laugh: How on Earth could come from to such a ridiculous assumption from that comment? It's no secret that NHL is the premier league of the sport and where pretty much every player at least dreams of playing or dreamed of playing as a youngster. You should know as a Finn that it benefits our national team to have as many players in the NHL is as many teams as possible.

How exactly? European-based players are always available for the national team. Now that the NHL is considered pulling out of the Olympics, the only chance our NHL players would get to represent the national team would be at the joke tournament the NHL refers to as the "World Cup".

loppa*

I will be pissed of SKA wins the series. They deserve to lose.

There is a lot of whining on Russian boards about officiating. They say officials are against CSKA. And I've immediately recalled that game against Jokerit, when CSKA won thanks to 5 min penalty... Of course, most whiners are SKA haters, because the team is the most hated one in the KHL.

That 5 minute myth was debunked. It would have been a two minute penalty at least, and then when CSKA scored it would have still gone into over time. Considering that they creamed Jokerit, they would have been more than likely to win that game in over time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How exactly? European-based players are always available for the national team. Now that the NHL is considered pulling out of the Olympics, the only chance our NHL players would get to represent the national team would be at the joke tournament the NHL refers to as the "World Cup".

By the time the Worlds start, two rounds in the playoffs will have been played, thus increasing chances of more NHL players for us.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Depends entirely on their health and contract situation. Barkov and Ristolainen are already pretty much certain to be on the team.

Not really, after a long season they often come up with some excuse to skip the tourney (e.g Bergenheim last year).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And? I am yet to hear why is it better for the national team to have the players play in North America instead of Europe.

Because in the tournaments when the best players are available, it's better for the national team to have the actual best players than only the best Europeans. We've already seen it in recent years that they just don't cut it when the other teams have better than those in their rosters. We need our NHL players(not all of them but in key positions) if we want to win gold instead of bronze.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad