Injury Report: Gaborik Flying Back to L.A.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope it's not career ending, gabby isn't getting any younger and knees can be tricky.

I hope not either, I love the guy, and like RP said, figures it's just when he was getting going...

....that being said, can you imagine the ****ing meltdown if DL got out of Gaborik's contract permanently :laugh:

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I hope not either, I love the guy, and like RP said, figures it's just when he was getting going...

....that being said, can you imagine the ****ing meltdown if DL got out of Gaborik's contract permanently :laugh:

I don't think its possible, the universe would implode

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
From a team structure and salary point of view, worst case scenario isn't a career ender but Gabby returning after a long rehab and being much worse with five more years still on the books. Unfortunately a real possibility with a knee injury. That's obviously setting aside any emotion and sympathy for his person of which I think all of us have plenty of.

Just hoping for the best for all involved parties at this point.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California

Yeah, get ready for "They can weasel out of any contract they want hurr durr" x 1000

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I've already mentally accepted that he'll be gone for at least the rest of the regular season. Best case scenario would be like Kane last year.

Not too many rental forwards out there. At least not of the scoring kind. Ladd would be one. Hartnell would obviously make the most sense for all the Columbus reasons, but he's signed next year. Not many defensemen either. Lombardi will find something to do though.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
There are actually a number of forward options to consider as impending UFAs who may move at the deadline.

Shane Doan, Jiri Hudler, Andrew Ladd, Alex Tanguay, Kris Versteeg, Loui Eriksson, Mikkel Boedker, Radim Vrbata, Jamie McGinn, PA Parenteau, Michael Raffl, Tomas Fleischmann

Clearly not all of these names are at the same level as Gaborik, but if the Kings need some depth up front, there are options out there. Eriksson would be the perfect replacement but I don't think the Kings have the assets to pull that one off.

Tanguay put up impressive numbers last season with 55 points in 80 games, this season he has 20 points in 46. Versteeg is having a solid season with Carolina with 31 points and has the playoff experience and Cup rings.

I think it's likely that Dean Lombardi will pluck out one of those listed forwards by the trade deadline.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Lots of doom and gloom. But it might not be as bad as it looks. Maybe out for 6 to 8 weeks. We'll see, soon.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Well, people are already remarking that Lombardi planted drugs on Richards at the border. Maybe our playoff theme can revolve around some Godfather, shady activity. Maybe he spoke to Tanya Harding about getting the phone number for her bodyguard, to get out of Gaborik's contract?

On a semi-serious note... this has been a really crappy road trip. Quick and Gaborik injured.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There are actually a number of forward options to consider as impending UFAs who may move at the deadline.

Shane Doan, Jiri Hudler, Andrew Ladd, Alex Tanguay, Kris Versteeg, Loui Eriksson, Mikkel Boedker, Radim Vrbata, Jamie McGinn, PA Parenteau, Michael Raffl, Tomas Fleischmann

Clearly not all of these names are at the same level as Gaborik, but if the Kings need some depth up front, there are options out there. Eriksson would be the perfect replacement but I don't think the Kings have the assets to pull that one off.

Tanguay put up impressive numbers last season with 55 points in 80 games, this season he has 20 points in 46. Versteeg is having a solid season with Carolina with 31 points and has the playoff experience and Cup rings.

I think it's likely that Dean Lombardi will pluck out one of those listed forwards by the trade deadline.

I would rule out half those guys immediately on two way game but i generally agree.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
if Gabby is hurt until the first round of the playoffs that wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. no cap in the playoffs so dean could go out and get a player that would bring us to the cap then put gabby on LTIR and get another player that has almost the same hit as gabby.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Right now the only positive about this is he went to IR vs LTIR right off the bat.
Meaning there is maybe hope it's not season ending. Of course after being evaluated in LA that might change.

Sword

May 26, 2014

Out of all those players, only Ladd and Vrbata interest me. In the meantime, Pearson is being given an opportunity to step his game up.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Out of all those players, only Ladd and Vrbata interest me. In the meantime, Pearson is being given an opportunity to step his game up.

Pearson after missing so many games last year with the injury is really kind of going through his sophomore slump right now. It's really had to believe he's only played in 119 regular season games to this point.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles

Versteeg, Ladd, Vrbata are the only ones that interest me. But all we should offer for is mid-level picks and/or prospects.

We can call up Mersch if we dont want Clifford or Andreoff playing.

More pressing is still our D. I'm not sold on McNabb. We need to try and pry Yandle from NY

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Right now the only positive about this is he went to IR vs LTIR right off the bat.
Meaning there is maybe hope it's not season ending. Of course after being evaluated in LA that might change.

It could also mean that they are waiting to put him on LTIR to maximize the cap

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4